2nd lottery pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd lottery pick?

Just a speculative thread since the one about JJ's value compared to what would have been the 28th pick.

So if BC is still looking for a 2nd top 10 or lottery pick, how can he acquire it? Leaving aside deals involving Andrea or Jose, where contracts mean it would be some big deal we'd likely have no way of predicting.

If you're BC, do you dangle JJ or Bayless, and maybe some TPE money? Is this a good strategy to come out with 2 of 3 positions drafted for (PG, SF, C)? And who thinks something like this is the most likely scenario?

If you're a rival GM drafting lower than us, are those guys enough to make you part ways with a lottery pick in a consensus weak draft?

Although both Bargnani and Calderon's contracts are large, it does not necessarily mean that the trades would need to be complicated. Since Sacramento is below the salary cap by over $13million, they would be able to take on more salary than they send out. So if Sacramento was interested in Bargnani, his contract would not need to be a huge complicator to the situation. Not saying it is a strong likelihood, but simply possible.

Sacramento is needing to fill the PG and add an additional big to the picture. They are also needing a shooter to open the floor for both Cousins and Tyreke. I could see them having some interest in either Bargs or Bayless. But what the package would look like I'm not sure.

I could go for something like this:

Sacramento recieves: Bargnani, Bayless

Toronto Recieves: Pick 7, Jason Thompson, Omri Casspi

Use 5 for Kemba and 7 for Biyombo (my personal preferences) and this is our depth chart:

PG: Kemba, Calderon (keep him as back-up/mentor and future expiring contract)
    SG: DeRozan, Barbosa (assuming he does not opt out, but if not we can add someone cheap during free agency)
    SF: J. Johnson, Casspi, Kleiza (Casspi adds some 3-point shooting off the bench)
    PF: Davis, A. Johnson
    C: Biyombo, Thompson (Two young and defensively minded C)

A very young roster who has both defensive and offensive potential to develop together.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I remember last year when Sac was projected to win #2 overall and people were suggesting Thompson + thier pick for Bargnani
      Now its Bargs, and Bayless for thompson and 7?

I am not to sure about that. As much as i dont like Bargs, i think he could do that trade by himself and only then would i consider it. I think Bayless is worth more than the #7 himself as well.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
        I remember last year when Sac was projected to win #2 overall and people were suggesting Thompson + thier pick for Bargnani
        Now its Bargs, and Bayless for thompson and 7?

I am not to sure about that. As much as i dont like Bargs, i think he could do that trade by himself and only then would i consider it. I think Bayless is worth more than the #7 himself as well.
        unless we can get Casspi too? Perhaps Garcia?

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
          I remember last year when Sac was projected to win #2 overall and people were suggesting I think Bayless is worth more than the #7 himself as well.
          Sacramento isn't as bad as Minnesota wanting borderline all-stars and future allstars to trade down 3-7 spots.
          I would rather see Bargnani for thompson and #7 and a future trade involving calderon then deal bayless imo. Even when we draft Kemba.

Comment

Working...
          X