Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a crazy idea: Trade Hedo back to Orlando!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a crazy idea: Trade Hedo back to Orlando!

Given that Vince Carter is not really working out for Orlando and they aren't as strong as they were with Hedo, maybe they will see that their opportuinty for a championship is shrinking and they might want to get Hedo back after all.

So here it is:

Hedo Turkoglu

for

Mickael Pietrus and Brandon Bass.

I don't think Orlando is desperate enough to take on Hedo's five year contract yet. I think things would need to get worse first.

If that happen ... I think a trade package of Bass + Johnson + Barnes is better for Orlando. It would hurt them quite badly to give up Pietrus, their best + only high level perimeter defender. Also their sixth man. Much easier to convince Orlando to make a Turkoglu trade without him involved.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Hedo and Banks for VC!

Comment

Turkoglu for Bass, Johnson and Barnes would be quite the steal. I'm sure Barnes can give us at least as much as Hedo has, just in different ways.

Comment

I was a big VC supporter and have stuck by him all these years despite every indication that he'll forever be an underachiever, but even I have to concede that he just doesn't have the desire to be great. If playing with Dwight Howard can't reignite his career, nothing will.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I was a big VC supporter and have stuck by him all these years despite every indication that he'll forever be an underachiever, but even I have to concede that he just doesn't have the desire to be great. If playing with Dwight Howard can't reignite his career, nothing will.
            I'm amazed that Orlando's title opportunity hasn't had a larger impact on Carter ... but I do think we'll continue to see more growth in that area as the season progresses. Just not as much as I had hoped initially.

Oddly enough, I'm most disappointed in his passing. Then his scoring efficiency. The his inconsistent mental approach. His defense has actually been pretty solid ... which is all I was hoping for in the first place.

His lack of passing though ... that's the one that's ticking me off. He's not doing creating shots for his teammates well enough. Not for the role players (like JJ Redick) or for his star teammates (Lewis, Dwight). Orlando has a lot of excellent finishers (shooters + Dwight's brilliant finishing around the rim). A player with Vince's passing ability should be getting a lot more out of those constant opportunities.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Given that Vince Carter is not really working out for Orlando and they aren't as strong as they were with Hedo, maybe they will see that their opportuinty for a championship is shrinking and they might want to get Hedo back after all.

So here it is:

Hedo Turkoglu

for

Mickael Pietrus and Brandon Bass.
              They didn't want to spend big money on Turkoglu... Have they given any indication that they regret it?

Comment

Working...
              X