2011 Raptors NBA Draft Prediction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    A Zo type player is exactly what the Raptors need. Too bad they would have to wait a year.
    I

I think if he's as good as advertised he is worth the wait...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Who would I like for the Raptors to select realistically (because I'm pretty sure Kanter and Knight will be gone by 5. If one of those two are still around at 5, I'd chose one of them..however) at 5? Jonas Valancuinas. The Cavs would have taken this guy at 4 if it weren't for the fact that he's not coming over for the upcoming season. Thing is - is there really going to be a upcoming season? Why not just select him and let him play the year overseas? He's one of the best prospects in the draft, JUST turned 19, and was thought of next to Knight as having one of the highest ceilings in the draft.

The kid's a true centre, isn't afraid to get his hands dirty - in fact, he loves to mix it up, plays solid D, has a high motor, has a huge wingspan which means he alters a lot of shots, he's very good rebounder, and has a nice soft touch around the basket. Also, he isn't a liability on the offensive end. He plays some pick and pop and is developing a nice hook shot. In addition, if you foul him, the kid will make his free throws.

I picked this up from an ESPN article - that you can find here

The question posed was:

"Which prospect favorably reminds you of a former NBA player? "

Now granted, it's only one blogger's opinion, and I know Mourning isn't a popular name around here, but hey, if Valanciunas can be 75% of what Mourning was, I'd be very pleased.

Who do I think the Raptors will pick? Bismack Biyombo. I think the Raptors brass has really fallen in love with the kid.
      I read this today as well. It's such a head scratcher. The more I think about it, my two players that I'd like for the Raps to draft is Jonas or Kemba. There will be a lockout. If most people haven't noticed, the NFL still doesn't have an agreement.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Drafting Jonas Is A Good Choice...Who Cares If He Can't Play This Year..It's Not Like Anyone Else Will Be With The Lockout Bound To Happen..Best Case Scenario..Drafting Jonas(since centers are hard to come by)and or Kemba Walker(A Leader)..Worst Case Scenario..Raptors Draft Vesely..

Comment

kemba walker is the perfect fit because can create, break down defenders and shoot the ball, forget about knight , im nor felling him, kanter will be top 4.

Comment

Sorry Kemba fans (I'm one myself), I think that there is a very good the Raptors will not pick him, especially after reading some recent articles and tidbits of information coming in. I know these drafts are very hard to predict, but I'm quite positive the Raps will pass on him, just my personal take anyways.

Anyways, I think that come draft day, the Raptors will prefer to draft like this:

Brandon Knight

if not there...

then either Biyombo or Valanciunas. Actually, here's what Colangelo had to say about Biyombo:

“He is so raw that with a little bit of focus and coaching, he’s an interesting prospect for sure,” Colangelo said. “Someone is going to get a very good player there. We’re looking at the health and making sure everything is good there and we’ll look at the background stuff, but he’s a guy I think we have to have in that group at No. 5. He showed some things offensively (at a workout Monday in New York) that you just can’t teach with the athleticism and the hops. I saw some things that were very impressive. Then you look at the rawness and say ‘Lot of work to do’ and are you willing to go through that. We have to decide what the right situation is for us.”
            (found here http://goo.gl/lJItu )

The fallback options are then either of Leonard, Walker, Vesely.

Comment

Looks like the Bobcats are looking to move up the draft:
              http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...55501734_x.htm

Facts:
              - Kanter going to Minny or Utah means Brandon Knight drops to our pick
              - Colangelo has always liked Boris Diaw

So we should get Brandon Knight first. Then see if Kemba drops to the 9th pick (who we really want). If so, then I can see Colangelo working out a trade with Charlotte. Colangelo has always wanted Boris Diaw, and now he's got an expiring contract. Trade #5 and Linas Kleiza for #9, #19 and Boris Diaw. This saves some contract money in the long run.
              - With the 19th pick, you can get one of Bismack Biyombo, Alec Burks or Dontas Motiejunas which are good value at 19.

This would pave the way to possibly trading Calderon (now that you have Kemba) or Bargnani (regardless if we get motiejunas).

Comment

changv10 wrote: View Post
                Looks like the Bobcats are looking to move up the draft:
                http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...55501734_x.htm

Facts:
                - Kanter going to Minny or Utah means Brandon Knight drops to our pick
                - Colangelo has always liked Boris Diaw

So we should get Brandon Knight first. Then see if Kemba drops to the 9th pick (who we really want). If so, then I can see Colangelo working out a trade with Charlotte. Colangelo has always wanted Boris Diaw, and now he's got an expiring contract. Trade #5 and Linas Kleiza for #9, #19 and Boris Diaw. This saves some contract money in the long run.
                - With the 19th pick, you can get one of Bismack Biyombo, Alec Burks or Dontas Motiejunas which are good value at 19.

This would pave the way to possibly trading Calderon (now that you have Kemba) or Bargnani (regardless if we get motiejunas).

I highly doubt that Biyombo or Burks will drop to 19. No way that happens.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  The question posed was:

"Which prospect favorably reminds you of a former NBA player? "

Now granted, it's only one blogger's opinion, and I know Mourning isn't a popular name around here, but hey, if Valanciunas can be 75% of what Mourning was, I'd be very pleased.
                  my biggest concern with Val is him needing to fill out. He will ofcourse get bigger over time, but big enough to bang with the other bigs in the NBA? Skinny guys tend to stay skinny (NBA skinny that is), and while that is not always a problem at C it usually is.

I'm afraid if he's drafted that 3 years from now everyone will be talking about how he's to thin to be a C and should be a PF

Comment

He's only 19 years old and he's already 240lbs. Tyson Chandler just won a ring as a focal point on defense at a weight five pounds lighter than Jonas is now at 20 years old. We're totally overrating size in here. It can help a lot but ability trumps all.

Comment

Working...
                    X