Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Apparently Spurs are shopping Parker to Toronto and Sacramento for lottery pick:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...a_draft_062111

Not sure it's a great idea.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was about to say how i thought he was awesome but that he would be to old by the time were ready to compete, but then I realized that the Pg who just won was Jason Kidd....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad Choice..All Tony Parker Will Do Is Help The Raps Win Games And Ruin Are Lottery Choices For Next Year..He Is Getting Up Their In Age And Wouldn't Be In the Long Term Plan's..We Are Trying To Build To Last Like OKC Did...

Post Thanks / Like

Uuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little worried that BC's 2 year timeframe could lead to this sort of quick fix to medicority

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Only Way I Would Do This Trade Is If He Was Still With Eva Langoriaa...Damnnnnn..She WouldBe At All The Raps Game...He Fucked It Up Soooo Naaaaaaaaaaaaaahh We Pass ...

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A move like this would bring me a step closer to not being a fan of this team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't mess with the youth movement. Don't do it BC!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take my chances with Kemba, thank you very much!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know it's funny...for all the talk of this being a weak draft, there are an awful lot of championship calibre teams looking to trade cornerstones of their franchise to get into the lottery.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote D-Money wrote: View Post
    Bad Choice..All Tony Parker Will Do Is Help The Raps Win Games And Ruin Are Lottery Choices For Next Year..He Is Getting Up Their In Age And Wouldn't Be In the Long Term Plan's..We Are Trying To Build To Last Like OKC Did...
    I completely disagree. Like Casey being brought in to teach the Raptors defence, another guy with championship rings, Tony Parker, would be the solid veteren presence that leads them to where their potential takes them. To be honest, I'd deal Calderon AND the #5 pick for Parker. Having proven winners/all stars/Finals MVPs on your team while still young (He just turned 29 last month) is building into the long term plans.

Let's assume that Parker could give Toronto 3 top tier level years in stats and leadership. By that time, Colangelo along with all the fans and NBA pundits will know the limit of this "core" of young players. At that time, if the Raptors are looking to contend and Parker is slowing down going into his 4th season with Toronto, he could become the 6th man and the team could find means to bring in another PG as FAs would want to come to Toronto because it's a great city and it's winning.

If people are looking to bring in 5 young players 23 and younger and build a contender is going to be disappointed. A team always needs veteren leadership and skills (the tricks of the trade only come with time). To take a chance on a proven PG leader would be the best hope Toronto has. And besides, who knows what this pick could be? I say it's more of a gamble not to trade for Parker if indeed the rumours hold merit.

Lastly, Colangelo has 2 years to get this team winning. He will not settle for passing up on all star talent just to keep the #5 pick in a weaker than average draft.

Let's see...

Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker or Tony Parker?

If I were the GM and I'm not, I can't imagine how I could pass up Tony Parker.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BC is a smart GM. If he makes this trade then I will go back to be a Celtics fan like I was pre Raps!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a fan of Parker, but I'm not so sure about this one. The only way it would make sense would be if James Anderson was also part of the package. Something like Parker/Anderson/#29 for Kleiza/Calderon/#5 might work... although I doubt the Spurs would bite.
    Last edited by jrdyck; Tue Jun 21st, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    I was about to say how i thought he was awesome but that he would be to old by the time were ready to compete, but then I realized that the Pg who just won was Jason Kidd....
    Yea but...Jason Kidd is in a different class

Post Thanks / Like

He's 29 years old. No doubt he could help the team but it should not be done by way of sacrificing the future by dealing the 5th.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Now is not the time to add vets! We need to develope youth and lose, grab a top player in next years draft and then build a championship calibar team. Losing in the first rd doesn't interest me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's 29 years old. No doubt he could help the team but it should not be done by way of sacrificing the future by dealing the 5th.
    This exactly. This trade would literally be the exact opposite of a rebuild.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    How much is one #5 pick in a weaker draft sacrificing the future?

Best case scenario: Parker becomes all star and leads Raptors back to playoffs. Defence improves future is good.

Worst case scenario: Parker doesn't bring it, and Raptors win only 30 games. They would then be back in the lottery.

I can see and appreciate the risks, but saying it would sacrifice the future is a little dramatic, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raps4Ever wrote: View Post
    Now is not the time to add vets! We need to develope youth and lose, grab a top player in next years draft and then build a championship calibar team. Losing in the first rd doesn't interest me!
    You're only looking at half the picture. Losing in the first round will still give them a decent 1st round pick in a what is being called a deep draft.

Maybe losing in the 1st round will give these guys confidence which they can improve upon in the seasons that follow. And maybe it doesn't interest you but I'm sure it interests a lot of people on the team and within the organization.

People seem to be mistaking Andre Miller for Tony Parker. Because Tony Parker is and has been an elite level player. This team needs top talent.

Post Thanks / Like

• Their high lotto pick will be somebody age 18-21 whereas Parker is only a couple years away from the age when guards start losing a step. For a PG who depends heavily on speed to do his job, this is a concerning proposition.
    • Since when did Tony Parker start playing good defense?
    • No one is suggesting the Raptors can't get an excellent player at #5.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information