Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah seems a few of the perennial contenders starting getting antsy about getting late lotto picks when word of him staying another year in europe (and effectively ending the cavs love affair with him) became available. if a team like the spurs are sniffing around someone specific its pretty safe to say the guy is going to be a player. buford's drafting resume is damn near flawless.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      No, he didn't. Jason Kidd and Tony Parker are two entirely different players. Kidd wasn't a good shooter but was excellent at defense, rebounding and play making. Jason Kidd could make passes that Parker can only dream of. Jason Kidd's defense was better on a horrendous night than Tony Parker's on a outstanding night. There there's the rebounding, not even close.... Both have had clutch performances. Jason Kidd is a very large PG who's game has been excellent in the half court. He has never needed to be the fastest guy on the floor to control a game. At 38 he's a shadow of his former self but still effective because he's never depended on speed or athleticism to perform.
      ^ This.

Both Kidd and Nash have more tools in the toolbox than Parker. I don't understand why anyone thinks Parker will become a cerebral Kidd/Nash-like PG after he loses a couple steps.

Comment

Oooohhh.. they really want to move into the lotto...

As per Jonathan Givony's twitter...

NBA sources say San Antonio has offered George Hill to Milwaukee (#10), Golden State (#11) and Utah (#12) in exchange for their pick.
        If Utah bites, they can draft Kanter at #3, get their young PG in Hill and end up turning the draft on it's ear.

LINK

Comment

they need to get ahead of houston to snatch jonas.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            they need to get ahead of houston to snatch jonas.
            And that deal would allow them to do just that. Who does Utah then take at 3? If it's Kanter, does Clevelend re-consider taking Valancuinas at 4? Or do they take Leonard? Or do they make a deal with someone to trade down? Does it mean Knight falls to us at 5? Lots of questions. I heart the draft.

Comment

cavs have hickson and animal up front i don't know why everyone thinks they're destined to take a big in this draft. if anything, kawhi makes more sense. then again, i think they should take williams over irving but what do i know.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

People..you seem to forget we are BUILDING for the future..if you want to win now we mite as well sign Allen Iverson...Trade Demar And Calderon For Stephan Jackson..Sign Glen Davis..Trade Ed Davis For O.j Mayo...Trade Bagnani And 5th Pick For Jefferson..And where DOES that leave us 3 years from now..IN THE SAMEDAMNNN POSITION

Comment

*Al Jefferson

Comment

I guess I might accept DickJeff too if they add Blair and perhaps a young guard. Blair would give the raps a physical presence up front.

Comment

D-Money wrote: View Post
                      People..you seem to forget we are BUILDING for the future..if you want to win now we mite as well sign Allen Iverson...Trade Demar And Calderon For Stephan Jackson..Sign Glen Davis..Trade Ed Davis For O.j Mayo...Trade Bagnani And 5th Pick For Jefferson..And where DOES that leave us 3 years from now..IN THE SAMEDAMNNN POSITION
                      Better than waiting around the next 20 years for a lottery win.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        No, he didn't. Jason Kidd and Tony Parker are two entirely different players. Kidd wasn't a good shooter but was excellent at defense, rebounding and play making. Jason Kidd could make passes that Parker can only dream of. Jason Kidd's defense was better on a horrendous night than Tony Parker's on a outstanding night. There there's the rebounding, not even close.... Both have had clutch performances. Jason Kidd is a very large PG who's game has been excellent in the half court. He has never needed to be the fastest guy on the floor to control a game. At 38 he's a shadow of his former self but still effective because he's never depended on speed or athleticism to perform.
                        Hold on, I didn't say they were the same players. I said Kidd used to be all about speed, meaning that he was fast too and had to change his game as his body changed. Not once did I mention that Parker and Kidd had the same game.
                        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Alright, well he still didn't play a speed game. He beat guys with his mind.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                            Can you explain to me what your strategy is for rebuilding the team -- is it clearing the salary and going after mega-stars like Miami did, or is it winning the lottery and using the pick on a mega-star like the Bulls did, or is it losing for 15 years and eventually using all of the draft picks well enough, like Atlanta did?
                            If you're a team that player's would want to go to (Miami, Orlando, New York, Lakers etc) then the clearing cap space thing works. Otherwise you're just the New Jersey Nets watching all the hot chicks dance with other guys while you're stuck with the girl with the moustache and club foot.

Obviously luck has a great deal to do with building a contender, but that's the case unless you're a team like the Lakers, that players want to go to. The best way for a team like Toronto to build a contender is simply through the draft. It takes patience. There are those that use the "Clipper" excuse. We don't want to see Toronto end up like the Clippers, where the team is back in the lottery every year. Fortunately (though not for them) the reason they are continually in the lottery isn't because they build through the draft, but because they simply build badly. They actually are the worst at drafting in the entire NBA. You draft well, then it won't take 10 or 15 years.

Now, you might not KEEP all the pieces you draft, but to acquire good pieces, the best way of doing that is through the draft.

My belief is that the Raptors keep doing what they're doing, building through the draft and trying to collect as much good, young talent as possible. If they're lucky, they might end up getting a potentially elite player next year to go with along with the talent they already have and will be a a very good position for the future.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                              Hold on, I didn't say they were the same players. I said Kidd used to be all about speed, meaning that he was fast too and had to change his game as his body changed. Not once did I mention that Parker and Kidd had the same game.
                              Kidd was never one of the faster players. His game was more like Deron Williams than Tony Parker.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

if they gave us there pick and took calderon off our hands i would do it, this draft is very weak so its not like we are giving up alot. maybe we could convince them to give us geroge hill instead of tony parker
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X