Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spurs Offering Tony Parker? Looking to draft Valanciunas? (See post #74)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would love to give Hill instead. They are offering Hill to teams in the 8-11 range, and Parker (and RJ) to Raps/Sac.

Personally I think Sac should take the salary hit if it means getting Tyreke and Thornton a legit PG who is a leader on the court and has the experience to win.

For the Raps....I'd like to have Parker, especially if Knight isn't available at 5, but I can see how people would say we might be better off in the long run to not have him.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
      Better than waiting around the next 20 years for a lottery win.
      Exaggerate much?

But at least you've got some hope, then. Personally, watching a team stuck on the mediocrity treadmill is the most depressing thing in the world, because you know there's no chance of them going anywhere. At least with a team trying to build through the draft, there's hope that you'll land a franchise player. With a mediocre team, there's really no hope.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Barbosa talking to Parker about the rumors

Raptors guard Leandro Barbosa(notes) was on his way to meet Parker at a local club Tuesday night when he was told about his team’s trade conversations with the Spurs. Barbosa, who believes the Raptors talked with the Spurs, didn’t end up meeting Parker, but planned to have dinner with him on Wednesday.

“I told him [via text message], ‘Are you going to play with me?’ ” Barbosa said. “He said, ‘Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.’

“I would love to play with him. You never know what can happen in the NBA. I guess we got to wait and see what’s up.”
        Source: Yahoo Sports

Comment

Spurs/Blazers deal falls apart

The San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trail Blazers nearly completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday afternoon, but the deal fell apart in the late stages. San Antonio was prepared to ship Tony Parker and the #29 pick to Portland in exchange for Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the #21 pick. Other players would have been added in order to make salaries work. However, the deal died when the Spurs insisted that Richard Jefferson be included in the talks. Since San Antonio's attempt to add Jefferson, talks have quieted, but they could pick up tomorrow if one of these teams has a change of heart.
          Source: Hoopsworld.com

This gives you a good idea of what the Spurs were looking for.
          • A vet PG with not too many years left on contract
          • A draft pick
          • Cap dump of RJ's contract

All that said, the Spurs would probably have to sweeten the pot if the Raptors were going to give up the #5.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Source: Hoopsworld.com

This gives you a good idea of what the Spurs were looking for.
            • A vet PG with not too many years left on contract
            • A draft pick
            • Cap dump of RJ's contract

All that said, the Spurs would probably have to sweeten the pot if the Raptors were going to give up the #5.
            Apart from salary commitment it looks like something's up with Jefferson...he seemed to have played within the system/well enough last season.

Comment

Working...
            X