Another draft trade scenario: Charlotte's picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another draft trade scenario: Charlotte's picks

Charlotte is apparently shopping their picks as well as open to any deal. Anything you would want from Charlotte? They hold picks #9 and 19. What might they want from us? Could Stephen Jackson be someone we target or have to swallow to get a deal done? If anyone's as bored waiting for this draft as I am, let your thoughts be known.

I would want that #9 pick. I could swallow Jackson's contract if it's something like Bayless (we know they hate Calderon) and TPE money, for Jackson and the #9. Maybe have to throw in James Johnson. That's probably unlikely though. I think they might target Bayless, and Amir or Ed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...55501734_x.htm

I would do it..

Comment

As much as I love Amir, and would like him to stay a Raptor, I'd be willing to part with him and Bayless for the 9th and Stephan Jackson assuming we take Kemba with the 5th.

I mean really you can put Jackson at the 3. He has been part of a good defensive team in Charlotte with Larry Brown, even if he was the SG. Only 2 years of his contract, and besides if we do awful again, next year is loaded with SF

With the 9 pick it'd be between Biyombo and Tristan Thompson, whomever Detroit decides not to select. I feel Thompson will be a better, shot blocking version of Amir.

Comment

I'd be surprised if anyone drafted 9th in this draft is better than Amir.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'd be surprised if anyone drafted 9th in this draft is better than Amir.
          While that's true we have a glut at PF and Amir's progress may make him an attractive trade piece. I'd be more willing to part with Amir, whom I love as a player, than Bayless just because Bayless brings speed and quickness that may be vital in Casey's defensive schemes. And the kid can score!

Comment

camanda wrote: View Post
            While that's true we have a glut at PF and Amir's progress may make him an attractive trade piece. I'd be more willing to part with Amir, whom I love as a player, than Bayless just because Bayless brings speed and quickness that may be vital in Casey's defensive schemes. And the kid can score!
            Amir's progress also makes him an attractive player to keep on the team.

The Raps only have a glut at PF if Bargnani is moved to the 4. Easier solution, Bargnani for the 9.

Comment

Charlotte is losing money and as such might be amenable to letting the 9 go for money and the TPE for Diaw. Word today is that Biyombo's floor is now established at Charlotte.

If we could perhaps steal Sac's 7 as well then get a PG, Kawhi and Biyombo in one fell swoop...
              Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 23, 2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Just to muddle this up a bit more, it seems more and more like Bismack has cemented himself in the top 10, and Kemba may be falling. What do you guys think? If we take Biyombo at 5, which may end up being quite a reach, do you think it makes BC more likely to try and find a deal for another lottery pick, maybe for a safer bet like Kemba if he falls, or a shooter like Klay Thompson.

Comment

camanda wrote: View Post
                  I don't even know if Bayless is going to be a productive NBA player. Amir is simply a better player and right now would be a rotation player on a contender. Bayless is a massive question mark, still.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X