Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ajinca, Big presence defender?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ajinca, Big presence defender?

It seems Casey likes a big presence in the post on D. (KG, Chandler) Any way he works on Ajinca and transforms him into a reliable stopper?

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at what we can get on free agency, I'd take a chance on him and Alabi. They're both young and have potential.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ajinca is a joke, no chance he's coming back IMO.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather see Alabi getting some minutes over Ajinca. I'm curious to see how he does with a fully healed knee.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

isn't Alabi improved... defensively and offensively... from what i heard in David Thorpe broadcast

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Ajinca and would not mind him back as a third stringer. He is very athletic and has a nice touch. His problem was he suffered from a condition known to a couple Raptors big men - they like the perimeter too much. If Casey could work with him, who knows, he is only 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I liked Ajinca and would not mind him back as a third stringer. He is very athletic and has a nice touch. His problem was he suffered from a condition known to a couple Raptors big men - they like the perimeter too much. If Casey could work with him, who knows, he is only 22.
    fromoutsideitus....

Ajinca showed flashes of an intriguing game, he does have a nice touch from out side and can run the floor. He brings big time length to the floor as well. To me it is a toss up between him and Alabi, both are young but who projects better....the thing is we already have Alibi under contract, Ajinca is a UFA I believe.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey had Ajinca in Dallas and they dumped him.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    It seems Casey likes a big presence in the post on D. (KG, Chandler) Any way he works on Ajinca and transforms him into a reliable stopper?
    I had no idea that Casey had the ability to turn mediocre players into good ones. Maybe we don't need a draft pick after all, omg, let's just trade into the second round! We have CASEY!!

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    Ajinca is a joke, no chance he's coming back IMO.
    yes agreed - but based on last rapcast it seems like Alabi could contribute. He is by nature a shot blocker. Ajinca is a crummier softer version of Bargs
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    yes agreed - but based on last rapcast it seems like Alabi could contribute. He is by nature a shot blocker. Ajinca is a crummier softer version of Bargs
    Ajinca= a French Bargnani

Post Thanks / Like

There was a rapcast a couple weeks ago that insisted Miami would win the championship.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how people think Ajinca is garbage..when he was on the floor, last season, there wasn't a drop-off in scoring or anything. Plus, he barely got playing time, so how do y'all know he's garbage? Give him some training camp and workouts WITH OUR NEW TEAM and see how he does. Too premature to say he's garbage. I think he'd do well under a new coach and direction of our team.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how people think Ajinca is anything but garbage. It's not premature to think a guy who got more burn on the raps than Patty O'Bryant ever did is garbage. This isn't his first team and he's 7'3" in a league starved for size. If he was even half the player he thought he was he'd have a massive contract by now.

Post Thanks / Like

One way to tell how good Ajinca is, is how he's managed to played less minutes in 3 seasons than Rafael Araujo did in his rookie year.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can sign him for cheap, why not? We are still in tank mode, and the kid is likely to improve to some degree with more minutes. His stock goes up a little and he becomes a piece you can throw into a trade a year or two down the road. If we can't land a descent C we might as well have two young guys split back up minutes.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pakdawgie wrote: View Post
    Casey had Ajinca in Dallas and they dumped him.
    It might have had something to do with the depth chart of Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi at centre and needing a roster spot for Peja. (I'm still a little surprised that deal was not rescinded).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It might have had something to do with the depth chart of Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi at centre and needing a roster spot for Peja. (I'm still a little surprised that deal was not rescinded).
    If they saw any upside in him I'm sure they could have found room especially with Chandler a FA

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very hard to see upside when they barely play. See Jermaine O'Neal and Gerald Wallace.

Then again, he could just be bad.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    If we can sign him for cheap, why not? We are still in tank mode, and the kid is likely to improve to some degree with more minutes. His stock goes up a little and he becomes a piece you can throw into a trade a year or two down the road. If we can't land a descent C we might as well have two young guys split back up minutes.
    ^This

Does it really matter who is Player #15 on the roster?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information