Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kemba Walker over Brandon Knight?

Post Thanks / Like

I think walker will have a bigger impact out the gate than knight but 3-4 years down the road Knight will be clearly better
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

A lot depends on what their situations are teamwise of course
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Knight final answer

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    That's true, but this thread is about Brandon Knight vs Kemba Walker. And how do they compare?
    I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think it's a valid point, and not simply playing devil's advocate. EVery scout and NBA person think Irving is the better prospect. And if you actually want to talk about stats, Irving had better advanced stats than Walker...
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3759/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/
    Thanks, and Chris Paul is better than Jerryd Bayless -- but this thread is about Brandon Knight vs Kemba Walker. How do they compare, statistically?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
    Actually, Brandon Knight is far more similar to Bayless than Kemba Walker.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'd pick Kemba Walker over Kyrie Irving.
    +1 Irving is a flop in the making

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think it's a valid point, and not simply playing devil's advocate. EVery scout and NBA person think Irving is the better prospect. And if you actually want to talk about stats, Irving had better advanced stats than Walker...
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3759/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/
    Irving played in 11 games. Statistics really mean nothing with such a small sample size.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Kemba has more of the factor that differentiates a Brandon Roy from a Randy Foye. But then again, Randy Foye was never top of his HS Grad Class like Knight was.

Regardless, cannot wait for the real "decision".

Post Thanks / Like

Look, I don't disagree that Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Could. But Kemba is already better now, and he did it while playing the point guard position. Might Knight have a higher ceiling? It's possible, I'm no crystal ball. But how many draft picks reach their ceiling?

A lot of people thought Bayless might become a very good point guard, even though he played SG in college. I believe if I recall his 'ceiling' was Gilbert Arenas or Monta Ellis. He's no where remotely close to this. Fortunately he was a 12th pick so it's not as big a deal that he never panned out.

If you want to draft purely on hopeful potential, that's the gamble you make. But this is a weak draft class where there may only be a handful of guys who will become starters. We were supposed to have the #2 pick, instead we dropped to 5th and I'll be damned if we squander an opportunity to draft someone who we already know is better at this time. If I'm picking 10th in a weak draft like this then by all means draft on potential. Take Bizmack if you want to.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this, btw. But as it stands this is what makes the most sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Give me knight! I think in the long run he would be a better asset!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Knight all that much different than Bayless? I just read an article that broke Knight down and out of all the NBA players their study showed that Knight most closely projects to be none other than our own Jerryd Bayless. I'll set the building on fire is they draft either of these guys. Their skills are much too redundant when compared to Bayless.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Walker has knee issues:

UConn guard Kemba Walker has a minor knee issue that is causing concern with draft approaching, sources say.
    http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo...95953534742528

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be asking that about Knight. Their stats in college were very close, but Bayless was a notch better. His PER was 23.7 compared to Knight's 19.2.

Bayless had a FG% of 45.8% and 3FG% of 40.7%. Knight's had a FG% 42.3% and 37.7% 3FG%. Bayless' pure point rating: -0.85. Knight's is -1.10. Bayless, at 25.3% also a had slightly higher usage rate than Knight, 24.3%. Knight's a lot longer and beat him in the lane agility, but Bayless is a much better ball handler, and can jumper a bit higher. But their measurements, again are alike. (All of this is from DE.)

Kemba's much more like Ford/Lawson. And he was FORCED into a scoring role, using 30.7% of Uconn's possessions. That's KD/Westbrook territory, it won't be remotely close to that in the NBA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote dballa21 wrote: View Post
    With the Jazz being sold on Kanter, and Cleveland on Valanciunas that means Knight could be available at 5. My personal opinion is that we still draft Kemba because he is the better player, safer, fits more of a need, and has similar potential.
    plus why would you draft the guy over the guy he refused to face? people dont say mayweather over pacman for that same reason!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thatpeterguy wrote: View Post
    Is Knight all that much different than Bayless? I just read an article that broke Knight down and out of all the NBA players their study showed that Knight most closely projects to be none other than our own Jerryd Bayless. I'll set the building on fire is they draft either of these guys. Their skills are much too redundant when compared to Bayless.
    You mean the same study that projected Darius Morris to be Deron Wiliams? Or Jan Vesely to Andrew Bogut? Or Greg Smith to DeMar DeRozan?

Post Thanks / Like

Walker is falling like a rock:

Consensus among sources is that Kings are leaning heavily toward Jimmer Fredette at No. 10 over Kemba Walker.
    http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinside...04062068080641

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

WALKER! If we pass on him, I have this bad feeling we are going to miss out on something great ....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Its Knight. No matter what Kemba did in College, Knight has the physical attributes and shooting skills of a point guard and also being the youngest in this draft class he has the most potential. That said, my steal of the night will be whatever team takes Kemba. He is NBA ready and i can see him sliding down to #12 to the Jazz.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

knight seems redundant to bayless

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i've read so much draft rumours and spin in the last few days i'm not sure what I believe anymore. IF Kemba has knee problems then I think we draft Kanter Valanciunas Biyombo in that order. Brandon Knight is lower on my list.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information