Kemba Walker over Brandon Knight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    Or pick Emeka Okafor over Dwight Howard, or Robert Traylor over Dirk Nowitzki, or Rafael Arujo over Josh Smith, or Joe Smith over Kevin Garnett, or Kerry Kittles over Kobe Bryant, or....
    I hope you're just playing devil's advocate here, because I don't really want to waste any time pulling out examples of the contrary. Although granted it wouldn't take very long.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

I'm just sayin it's not a one or another situation, every situation and every player is different. Comparing Kanter to Yi is like comparing Walker to Mateen Cleeves.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I'd pick Kemba Walker over Kyrie Irving.
        And that's only one reason you'll probably never get hired to run an NBA team.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate here, because I don't really want to waste any time pulling out examples of the contrary. Although granted it wouldn't take very long.
          I think it's a valid point, and not simply playing devil's advocate. EVery scout and NBA person think Irving is the better prospect. And if you actually want to talk about stats, Irving had better advanced stats than Walker...
          http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3759/
          http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think Walker will have a bigger impact earlier than Knight, but I feel once all is said and done Knight will have the better career. I love the shooting Knight brings and his poise at such a young age, he may not be the highlight type player, but he gets it done.

Walker = TJ Ford/Jameer Nelson
            Knight = Chauncey Billups/Mookie Blaylock
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think walker will have a bigger impact out the gate than knight but 3-4 years down the road Knight will be clearly better
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

A lot depends on what their situations are teamwise of course
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Knight final answer

ebrian wrote:
                  That's true, but this thread is about Brandon Knight vs Kemba Walker. And how do they compare?
                  I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I think it's a valid point, and not simply playing devil's advocate. EVery scout and NBA person think Irving is the better prospect. And if you actually want to talk about stats, Irving had better advanced stats than Walker...
                    Thanks, and Chris Paul is better than Jerryd Bayless -- but this thread is about Brandon Knight vs Kemba Walker. How do they compare, statistically?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I prefer Knight for the height and longer reach. Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Is Kemba that much different than Bayless?
                      Actually, Brandon Knight is far more similar to Bayless than Kemba Walker.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I'd pick Kemba Walker over Kyrie Irving.
                        +1 Irving is a flop in the making

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Irving played in 11 games. Statistics really mean nothing with such a small sample size.

Comment

I think that Kemba has more of the factor that differentiates a Brandon Roy from a Randy Foye. But then again, Randy Foye was never top of his HS Grad Class like Knight was.

Regardless, cannot wait for the real "decision".

Comment

Look, I don't disagree that Knight could develop into a pretty decent defender and passer. Could. But Kemba is already better now, and he did it while playing the point guard position. Might Knight have a higher ceiling? It's possible, I'm no crystal ball. But how many draft picks reach their ceiling?

A lot of people thought Bayless might become a very good point guard, even though he played SG in college. I believe if I recall his 'ceiling' was Gilbert Arenas or Monta Ellis. He's no where remotely close to this. Fortunately he was a 12th pick so it's not as big a deal that he never panned out.

If you want to draft purely on hopeful potential, that's the gamble you make. But this is a weak draft class where there may only be a handful of guys who will become starters. We were supposed to have the #2 pick, instead we dropped to 5th and I'll be damned if we squander an opportunity to draft someone who we already know is better at this time. If I'm picking 10th in a weak draft like this then by all means draft on potential. Take Bizmack if you want to.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong on this, btw. But as it stands this is what makes the most sense to me.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Give me knight! I think in the long run he would be a better asset!

Comment

Working...
                                X