Kemba Walker over Brandon Knight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemba Walker over Brandon Knight?

With the Jazz being sold on Kanter, and Cleveland on Valanciunas that means Knight could be available at 5. My personal opinion is that we still draft Kemba because he is the better player, safer, fits more of a need, and has similar potential.

I was higher on knight for sometime but after thinking about it alot, talking to friend and listening to sports analysts i tihnk Kemba will be th better fit on this team. this is a very tough call and would not be dissapointed if we picked knight. Knight is a very smart kid, had excellent grades in highsdchool and also took extra credits to help him in university. he also took a full chourse load in his first year at kentucky. this kid is bright and i ithnk he could bring alot to the team. on the other hand... i tihnk KEmba brings what we are truely lacking on the raps. a star mentality and drive to win. I tihnk a player like walker would help draw alot of attentin to the team and help ticket sales . as much as ppl want to see a good team that wins, ppl pay to see popular players like kemba walker. players thaat have flair and personality aremuch more attractive to fans and media. this pick is worrying me... i have a feeling we pick knight but kemba turns into a superstar while knight becomes just a solid pro. all signs are pointing to taking walker after his great NCAA year.plus i wanna draft kemba so we can say "It's KEMBA TIME!!" lol

#5 = KEMBA

Comment

Furthermore,

People underestimate Kemba's intelligence. Kemba graduated from a very tough school in 3 years. That means HE also carried a full load of classes. Played two distinctly different styles his time at UConn... Both are very smart, strong athletic candidates...

Comment

I love Kemba's game and what he represents as a competitor and a leader but it doesn't sound right now like he's going to be the guy.

Comment

I think the biggest knock on Kemba has been his size and ability to defend the bigger guards. Despite what JJ Barea did in the finals, many GMs aren't convinced that over the course of a full season (plus playoffs), a 6'0 guard can keep up with the Westbrooks or Rose's of the NBA.
          If Kemba had the size of Knight, I believe he'd be ahead of Knight on the Raptors' draft board.

Comment

As time passes it seems less likely that we are going to draft Kemba.For me thats a mistake,take Kemba with the 5th pick.i would take him over Knight.Cant wait for the draft.

Comment

either is a good option and we should all thank our lucky stars it wont be vesely
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd pick Kemba Walker over Kyrie Irving.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

thats crazy
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i really hope kemba doesn't fall too far and charlotte take him. i hate charlotte.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm happy with either guy but would take Knight over Kemba in a second. Knight is 2 years younger, bigger and is quicker in the open court the Walker. Both are scoring PG's who are learning the position. I think Kemba's run in the tournament has made is stock rise especially with fans. But Knight is ahead of him on every draft chart I've seen. Not saying that draft charts are most accurate but I think there is a little credibility to all media sources and scouts rating him ahead of Walker.

Comment

Statistically, Kemba is better. I rather look at what has actually happened, instead of what some people think might happen. Same reason I'd stay away from Enes Kanter, or Yi Jianlian from a few years back.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Statistically, Kemba is better. I rather look at what has actually happened, instead of what some people think might happen. Same reason I'd stay away from Enes Kanter, or Yi Jianlian from a few years back.
                          Looking at what has actually happened is a safe approach and one I can respect. I just feel we have a decent foundation but don't have one great pieces to build around so collecting young, athletic players with great potential is the best thing going forward. Walker is a nice player but I don't think his ceiling is anywhere near as high as Knights so I have to gamble on his potential based on our roster. Hope that makes sense...

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Or pick Emeka Okafor over Dwight Howard, or Robert Traylor over Dirk Nowitzki, or Rafael Arujo over Josh Smith, or Joe Smith over Kevin Garnett, or Kerry Kittles over Kobe Bryant, or....

Comment

I think Walker is a better pick too. But, I would be happy with Knight as well. The only reason I like Knight is because Utah likes him. However I'm not sure if Casey is capable in teaching Knight to become a better PG. That would mean we would need a mentor, and I don't see Calderon sticking around too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X