Thread: Raptors May Trade Down In The Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors May Trade Down In The Draft

“I’ve been asked to move back a couple of spots and it’s something I think we have to look at and consider if there’s a package that nets us more value,” he said.
    “I don’t want anything back in the 20s or even in the late teens,” the general manager said. “I think the draft is really about 10 to 12 deep and there’s a pretty sharp decline after that.

“We like a few players that we think could make an impact for us in the top 10 or 12, maybe 14 at the most, depending on how the draft works out.”
    Source: Thestar.com

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of spots: Sacramento. Detroit? Charlotte, but since he doesn't want late teens only for the 9 and not 9&19?

I would say Sacramento would be a good spot, not giving up too much, yet, getting a piece or two (Casspi?, Thompson?) and still potentially able to get the piece you want. If the rumour posted by youknowit has legs then it could be swapping the 5 & 7 (since it seemed a little Raptor swayed and Sac light): youknowit's trade rumour proposal

I would say a slight slide back would definitely point to Biyombo being the pick, however rumour out this am was that Charlotte is now seen as his floor at 9. If it is Valenciunas, his floor is def. Houston at 14, so would potentially be why he stretched the number to "maybe 14".

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe...

The Denver Nuggets are shopping Raymond Felton. It sounds like they're trying to package Felton with #22 to move into the top ten.
    Source: Twitter / @AlexKennedyNBA

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would love Felton here, and he would be a great fit with Casey, but we would need to know we can sign him longer term. I would also prefer it if we could still grab a (slightly) lower pick to get Biyombo or Leonard. Note: since the quote in your other thread has BC against picks past 12 or even 14, I think the 22 will mean nothing to him.

Matt wouldn't be for Felton though from what I recall.

Post Thanks / Like

22 is way too deep, you wouldn't even be able to get burksy
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

lee and #14 for #5? maybe? does that even work?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    lee and #14 for #5? maybe? does that even work?
    I would like it, but it might mean we miss out on everybody. If Biyombo drops to there great, KEMBA may even drop to there now, Valenciunas may unless San Antonio gets up ahead of there.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the cavs are taking him at 4 now that word is the buyout IS possible
    @jerboat

Thread Information