Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Draft Day Information & Discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really, really hope he gets another early first round draft pick

Post Thanks / Like

Doug Smith is reporting that it's either Knight or Biyombo, if Knight is gone.

Not sure what to make of this...

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Knight is gone, then either Kanter or Valanciunis should be available. I don't see how you take Biyombo over Kanter or Val.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Adrian Wojnarowski, Sacramento is saying they are trading their pick and apparently have a deal in place. They would be in the range that BC was looking in, could the deal be with the Raptors?

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/st...71106117136385

I love draft day!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

is there any stream for the draft ... I'm at the school library

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think you should give up... I think you should research Thabeet and Biyombo more because your comparison is off.
    I know they are different, I'm just doing the lazy sportswriter thing, by comparing guys with similar backgrounds to each other ("OMG!! JIMMER FREDETTE IS LIKE STEVE NASH!! OR JJ REDICK!!!).

My point is that by picking him, it will smells of just covering up for Bargnani's deficiencies and signals that The Raptors are still trying to build around a flawed player. And everyone seems to say he's either going to hit big or flop big time. I'd just rather go with Walker, a guy just dragged his team to a NCAA championship and who everyone says is a natural leader. I'd rather go with the devil I know than the devil I don't. I don't even think Biyumbo is going to be taken, as the Raptors have to win now. If the The GM and Coach signed for 5 yrs, then fine, take a project, but....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    According to Adrian Wojnarowski, Sacramento is saying they are trading their pick and apparently have a deal in place. They would be in the range that BC was looking in, could the deal be with the Raptors?

I love draft day!
    When I posted this item from Adrian Wojnarowski and contemplating getting Sacramento's #7 pick in a deal, I completely forgot that they were offered Felton by Denver for the pick. Not sure we could compete with that, but you never know I guess...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post

I love draft day!
    hopefully this is the end of bargnani.

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another lottery pick

According to Chad Ford:
    "In that scenario, the Sacramento Kings and the Detroit Pistons look like the most intriguing potential partners. Would the Kings be willing to give up the No. 7 pick if the Cavs gave them Ramon Sessions and took back Francisco Garcia? The Kings are already under the salary cap, but Garcia has $12 million over two years on his contract, and Sacramento would love to move him."

If there is any truth to this, BC should be all over this one. Take Garcia with the TPE and get the 7th pick. That way we would almost certainly end up with a combo of either:
    Knight/Biyombo
    Kanter or Valanciunas/Walker
    We can send back Bayless as a bonus also. All of a sudden we are in rebuilding 5th gear!

Post Thanks / Like

Garcia is a solid play on the wing when healthy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Draft Express is tweeting that teams are contacting the Kings about getting their #7 pick and are being told that they have already traded it. No one knows who to though or who is coming back!

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress/s...89004382502912

Edit: Hollinger is reporting that the Bucks are the buyers of #7. Is Bogut moving? That would be insane!
    Last edited by Shantz; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys...I've been a Raptor fan since Isaiah ripped through the Raptor logo with that silly leather Raptor jacket on so believe me, I know how great having a center would be. But Enes Kanter is far from a sure thing and I would hate to see us roll the dice on a guy who the only real footage we have of him playing is from high school. The fact that he tore things up in what was essentially an All-Star game where there are no set defenses and the players not giving their best effort does little to alleviate this concern. I understand that he is a workout monster but anyone who puts stock in that has got the wrong idea. I think he will probably be a Darko Milicic type which is useful but would any of us trade the #5 for Darko? I think not.

It's funny how year after year people ignore what players have done their entire careers and get seduced by the measurables. I wouldn't take this guy in the top 5 at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucks Are The Mystery Team

Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7
    Source: Twitter / @GeryWoelfel

Post Thanks / Like

boooooooooooooo
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    And don't forget, those who are looking for a social setting tonight for a "rip and a snort" in Toronto with fellow Raptors fans, we're hosting a draft party at St. Louis Bar & Grill.
    St Louis would get pretty upset if i showed up farting and doing bumps of blow

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thatpeterguy wrote: View Post
    Guys...I've been a Raptor fan since Isaiah ripped through the Raptor logo with that silly leather Raptor jacket on so believe me, I know how great having a center would be. But Enes Kanter is far from a sure thing and I would hate to see us roll the dice on a guy who the only real footage we have of him playing is from high school. The fact that he tore things up in what was essentially an All-Star game where there are no set defenses and the players not giving their best effort does little to alleviate this concern. I understand that he is a workout monster but anyone who puts stock in that has got the wrong idea. I think he will probably be a Darko Milicic type which is useful but would any of us trade the #5 for Darko? I think not.

It's funny how year after year people ignore what players have done their entire careers and get seduced by the measurables. I wouldn't take this guy in the top 5 at all.
    ANYONE available at 5 has question marks. And despite what everyone says, there's more evidence than simply one game. Yes there's less than most of the other players, but it really shouldn't take that long to figure out whether a guy is a player, and Kanter looks like a player, to me.

I do find it interesting that you're warning us about picking Kanter because there's not enough evidence, but it doesn't stop YOU from predicting he's going to be Darko. Either you have enough evidence to judge him or you don't. You can't have it both ways.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

the bball jones have us taking kemba
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me among those who wouldn't be put out drafting Biyombo. I think his vocal nature and leadership qualities are exactly what's needed for this team.

All reports are that he's got a fantastic understanding of the game. Given that the 5 is the hardest spot to learn and takes the longest to develop, his knowledge and willingness to lead is an asset that I think is significantly undervalued. It is, to me, what separates Biyombo from others like him who have come on in a flash around draft time only to disappear into bust territory. All those players were raw skill-wise, as is Byombo, however they also largely possessed a deep lack of knowledge and will to get better, significantly unlike Biyombo.

Biyombo is a general. Book it, he will be a good player. I doubt he's the player that will push the Raps over the edge into "good" territory, but he won't be a bust, and players like him are hard to find.

I'm coming around to Knight as well. I really like his shooting ability, and his potential to be a good defender. Though he isn't - and won't be - that "star" that the Raps need, I do think he could, and probably will be, better than Jerryd Bayless.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is picking Biyombo a clear sign of covering for Bargnani? If you don't want Bargnani to be on the team anymore, you still need a center, no? I don't get it.

And I'm not arguing for Biyombo at 5; I just don't get the logic.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Draft - Thought?

Some technical trouble around here. Assuming all the fans swamped this place. We got Valanciunis. I was shocked for a few moments and then realized it's a great pick. If we felt no one was good enough for now for our team, planning for the future is what we should do. Heard rumors he might be able to join us late next year.

Brave pick by a GM with 2 years and an option to work with. And on other Boards (sorry, we were down) I saw more racist and ignorant comments than I cared to deal with. Hope for future "big nites" that RR can make itself able to handle all the extra input. And still, thanks for a great site.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Thread Information