No announcement yet.

Raptors Draft Day Information & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they don't take Kemba Walker and instead choose Hasheem Thabeet... I mean Bismack Biyumbo, I give up.

Comment

I don't think you should give up... I think you should research Thabeet and Biyombo more because your comparison is off.

Comment

i like Biyombo and want him too, except not at number 5. If colangelo can trade down or acquire a second loterry pick, then we should take Biyombo

BTW does anyone know if Biyombo will be at the draft today? and what time will the raptors make their pick? 7:30ish?

Comment

zulfi wrote: View Post
          i like Biyombo and want him too, except not at number 5. If colangelo can trade down or acquire a second loterry pick, then we should take Biyombo

BTW does anyone know if Biyombo will be at the draft today? and what time will the raptors make their pick? 7:30ish?
          As per ESPN, Biyumbo has been added to the "green room" list.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Any pick made with the idea in mind of making life easier/better for Bargnani is the wrong pick. I have no idea who the Raps should take but I do know that the pick should be made without any consideration for how the player fits with Bargnani. That is a recipe for disaster.

I just can't handle much more of this nonsense of 'moving Bargs to the 4'. He already is guarded by 4s and even 3s at times. He already guards the worst offensive big on the opponent game in and game out. Call him a 5, 4, 1, 3, 2, 75 or 1,963 if you want. Nothing is going to change with the guy no matter what notional position you label him at.
            Listen, I agree with you about Bargs, he's had plenty of chances to prove himself, at the 5, at the 3, off the bench, and he's only improved offensively, and he is a "volume scorer".

That being said, my previous comment was not really about making it easier/better for Bargs, more about finding the right situation for the Raps to keep his offensive skills on the floor, while not being the worst defensive team in the league. If that means bringing someone in to be a lane intimidator, or to gobble up rebounds at the 5, then Bargs needs to be moved to the 4, because his ego could not accept coming off the bench.

Comment

I really, really hope he gets another early first round draft pick

Comment

Doug Smith is reporting that it's either Knight or Biyombo, if Knight is gone.

Not sure what to make of this...

Comment

If Knight is gone, then either Kanter or Valanciunis should be available. I don't see how you take Biyombo over Kanter or Val.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

According to Adrian Wojnarowski, Sacramento is saying they are trading their pick and apparently have a deal in place. They would be in the range that BC was looking in, could the deal be with the Raptors?

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/st...71106117136385

I love draft day!
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

is there any stream for the draft ... I'm at the school library

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think you should give up... I think you should research Thabeet and Biyombo more because your comparison is off.
                        I know they are different, I'm just doing the lazy sportswriter thing, by comparing guys with similar backgrounds to each other ("OMG!! JIMMER FREDETTE IS LIKE STEVE NASH!! OR JJ REDICK!!!).

My point is that by picking him, it will smells of just covering up for Bargnani's deficiencies and signals that The Raptors are still trying to build around a flawed player. And everyone seems to say he's either going to hit big or flop big time. I'd just rather go with Walker, a guy just dragged his team to a NCAA championship and who everyone says is a natural leader. I'd rather go with the devil I know than the devil I don't. I don't even think Biyumbo is going to be taken, as the Raptors have to win now. If the The GM and Coach signed for 5 yrs, then fine, take a project, but....

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          According to Adrian Wojnarowski, Sacramento is saying they are trading their pick and apparently have a deal in place. They would be in the range that BC was looking in, could the deal be with the Raptors?

I love draft day!
                          When I posted this item from Adrian Wojnarowski and contemplating getting Sacramento's #7 pick in a deal, I completely forgot that they were offered Felton by Denver for the pick. Not sure we could compete with that, but you never know I guess...
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post

I love draft day!
                            hopefully this is the end of bargnani.

Comment

Another lottery pick

According to Chad Ford:
                              "In that scenario, the Sacramento Kings and the Detroit Pistons look like the most intriguing potential partners. Would the Kings be willing to give up the No. 7 pick if the Cavs gave them Ramon Sessions and took back Francisco Garcia? The Kings are already under the salary cap, but Garcia has $12 million over two years on his contract, and Sacramento would love to move him."

If there is any truth to this, BC should be all over this one. Take Garcia with the TPE and get the 7th pick. That way we would almost certainly end up with a combo of either:
                              Knight/Biyombo
                              Kanter or Valanciunas/Walker
                              We can send back Bayless as a bonus also. All of a sudden we are in rebuilding 5th gear!

Comment

Garcia is a solid play on the wing when healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X