Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So Bayless is the future PG?

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    There's no doubt that the kid is talented. Just take a look at his high school and college pedigree. But there's much more to being a good player in the NBA than just possessing the physical tools, especially at the PG spot. He'll get plenty of opportunities this season because his poor behavior can fall through the cracks on a lottery bound team with not much talent, but I wouldn't appoint him out point guard for the next 7 years just yet. He's got to prove something to me this year.
    I completely agree with that statement. We saw last season tha the has the ability to be a very good player. But it is now up to him to prove that he can be that good player consistalntly. That is exactly why I think this season( the hell if there is one) is very important for Bayless. He deserves the chance to prove what he can do. I believe he earned that chance. It is very premature to say he is the future PG now.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a case of there not being any good C prospects in next year's draft (while also having some good PG prospects) and JV falling into our laps this year which caused us to pass on Kemba and Knight. If Jose is on our roster opening night (likely, if there is one anyways), he starts, no question. Bayless is going to handle backup PG duties, and has to show next year that he can run an offense effectively if he wants to earn minutes. If Barbosa is traded at the deadline (possible), Bayless could average about 25 mpg backing up both guard spots, and that should be a good gauge of whether or not he has a future with this franchise, whether it be as our starging PG or 6th man. I'm rooting for the guy to succeed, I just hope he's putting in work during the extended offseason and comes out next year ready to prove himself.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is i see bayless as a PG and he even said so himself during an interview with David amber. Just cause he can score doesn't mean he's a combo guard. I see him like a D rose type PG except with a little less explosiveness and not as good at passing(yet). He still has time to develop and become a top 15 PG like Tim said.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt Bayless has somethings to tighten up in his game to be a legit starting PG in this league. Running the offense and picking his spot is definitely the biggest obstacle for any PG with scoring ability. Very few have that perfect balance (Nash, CP3 and D-Will) and even some all-star caliber PG's are battling that balance (Rose and Westbrook). He just needs time and realistically will having a full season with 25-30 minutes will help continue his growth as a floor general. I love the fact we have Jose on the roster to tutor him and help Bayless's biggest weakness with his biggest strength.

Thread Information