Draft Review From The Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If the goal was to get a jump on the Bobcats in the race for the No. 1 pick next season, the Raptors did wonderfully.

Grade F

well said - Chemistry be damned!?!?

Last edited by charlz; Fri Jun 24, 2011, 11:32 AM.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i find it hilarious that BC is getting pooped on for taking the best center in the draft, but cleveland is getting praised by virtually everyone (that i've read) for taking tristan thompson. now, im a fan and wish him all the best but what do they need a pf for? are they trading hickson? they could've taken kawhi and had a respectable starting 5. i get taking the best talent available when you're a bad team buuuuut...
      Ya, I like Thompson, but 4th?? I think they'll regret not taking Valanciunas.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        well said - Chemistry be damned!?!?
        I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict you will be completely and utterly wrong about this pick.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict you will be completely and utterly wrong about this pick.
          Bold move, sir. You are more like Colangelo than you think.
          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
          -Newsradio

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
            BC was GM of the Suns from 1995-2006

No need to make up lies just because you disagree with someone's point.
            Nice one!

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
              I lol`d when I got to `cat.`

I think it`s really simple. We`ve been staring at a big dumb Euro (no hate) for 5 years. A lot of peoples simple gut reaction is `I do not want another one of those.`N6t a well thought out plan for the future. And they`ll get over it. A few trades would help.

And that `F` rating was hysterical.
              The f rating is cause we didnt do anything for this year

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                I guarantee that if JV turns out to be a hard working player and useful player who can compete at the NBA level, no one will have an issue with him. But right now he doesn't do anything to create that culture shift fans have been expecting.
                How so? Our culture shift is to become a better defending and rebounding team. JV definitely brings the rebounding, and his length/athleticism is an indicator that he will probably bring the defense too. The fact that his offense is limited to within 10 ft of the basket means he is not a Bargnani at all. If we had drafted Kanter (had he fallen), you may have had a point.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  yes I am likely wrong because after all Brians '... phone has been blowing up with all the other GM's in the league telling [him] how wonderful the pick is...'
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Gregg Popovich was offering up Tony Parker and other pieces in an attempt to move up to draft Jonas Valanciunas. It's been reported that they were looking to draft him to become a successor to Tim Duncan. That's high praise from a franchise who seems to always draft studs no matter where they are.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Since when does someone rate a Draft based on how it will help right now? And that is still not right. We now have a player who has a high upside that we would have to trade away to lose. We're a better team right now for it.
                      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Gregg Popovich was offering up Tony Parker and other pieces in an attempt to move up to draft Jonas Valanciunas. It's been reported that they were looking to draft him to become a successor to Tim Duncan. That's high praise from a franchise who seems to always draft studs no matter where they are.
                        That's right. The San Antonio interest has to some hype to Jonas. I know that most Raptors fans watched Kemba and Knight played all year. But if we select Kanter you wouldn't be like that. And Kanter never played a single game this season. That's just unfair to the kid.

Plus, I watched him play all year in Lithania and in the Euroleague and he's already a good rebounder and a terrific finisher. If he comes right away he'll have a Noah-type of role. 10pts 10 reb.
                        And I also watch Biyombo play in a middle pack ACB team, I never understood where all the hype came from. You saying that wanted the Raptors select Biyombo over Jonas, tell me you have no idea. Again, I can't talk about Kemba and Brandon because I never saw him play, but saying that Biyombo is better than Jonas is talking without a clue

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                          Since when does someone rate a Draft based on how it will help right now? And that is still not right. We now have a player who has a high upside that we would have to trade away to lose. We're a better team right now for it.
                          Agreed.

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          What, were we going to blaze a trail in the playoffs this year with another pick? Building a team, usually, takes time and the right players. I believe JV is one of those pieces, and we should still have a decent pick next year for the last pick that should matter in the rebuild.

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                            That's right. The San Antonio interest has to some hype to Jonas. I know that most Raptors fans watched Kemba and Knight played all year. But if we select Kanter you wouldn't be like that. And Kanter never played a single game this season. That's just unfair to the kid.

Plus, I watched him play all year in Lithania and in the Euroleague and he's already a good rebounder and a terrific finisher. If he comes right away he'll have a Noah-type of role. 10pts 10 reb.
                            And I also watch Biyombo play in a middle pack ACB team, I never understood where all the hype came from. You saying that wanted the Raptors select Biyombo over Jonas, tell me you have no idea. Again, I can't talk about Kemba and Brandon because I never saw him play, but saying that Biyombo is better than Jonas is talking without a clue
                            I am one who has been/is caught up in the Biyombo hype. I would have loved to select Biyombo, in fact getting another pick and getting Biyombo and Kemba was my ideal before the draft (f*$cking Jordan!) but no way I would take Biyombo over Valenciunas. JV is a much better pick here for long term, greater upside and better base of skills. Very happy with the pick.

Comment

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
                              Bold move, sir. You are more like Colangelo than you think.
                              Maybe. But I also never would have picked Bargnani or signed Turkoglu. I am in complete agreement with his last three lottery picks, though. I also thought Alabi was a good pick that might still payoff.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                                yes I am likely wrong because after all Brians '... phone has been blowing up with all the other GM's in the league telling [him] how wonderful the pick is...'
                                You're also likely wrong because of the fact that Valanciunas was the consensus best player available (by most respected basketball people), and, well, because you usually seem to be.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X