Spurs rob Pacers (George Hill trade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs rob Pacers (George Hill trade)

Spurs: Kawhi Leonard(15), Davis Bertans(42) and rights to Erazem Lorbek (2005, 46th)

Pacers: George Hill

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or_George_Hill

I'm still scratching my head.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:53 AM.

wait... spurs rob pacers, or pacers rob spurs? because this seems like a hell of a deal for the pacers!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

So this is two years in a row now that Pacers have gone after their "PG of the future". What are their plans for Darren Collison?

Comment

Spurs will always be the king of the draft.

Comment

yeah i don't get this deal from a pacers perspective at all. are they going to play hill at the 2? what happens with george? i guess they just wanted quality depth at guard?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

very strange...very strange. No clue on Indiana's thinking. At the very least if they were going for depth they could have gotten more.

Comment

why is this strange? Indiana have their 3s in Granger and paul george. They need a solid 2 who can defend and shoot 3s consistently and thats what they get with George Hill. Spurs need a younger and athletic 3. To me this trade looks like a win-win

Comment

Nothing wrong with 2 young PG's. Collison hardly took advantage of the siutation he was given last year. Maybe he is the new back up. Maybe there are other trades on the horizon. Maybe the Toronto/Indiana/Memphis deal is on like Donkey Kong. Maybe I'm reaching because of my disapopintment Bargnani still dons the Raptor garb.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                  why is this strange? Indiana have their 3s in Granger and paul george. They need a solid 2 who can defend and shoot 3s consistently and thats what they get with George Hill. Spurs need a younger and athletic 3. To me this trade looks like a win-win
                  George can play the 2, as can Jones, Rush, Stephenson...and Hill is a stretch at 6'2". He was the heir apparent to Parker at PG, not Ginobli at 2. I don't see how Hill fits the bill at the 2 guard, but that's me.

Comment

why cant hill be used as the pacers point guard? Im pretty sure thats their plan and they aren't quite sold on collison. Its not like they are about to take TJ of the bench or anything. Im pretty sure they didn't see a whole lot of talent at 15 that matches hills. And i agree! How is this a bad trade for the pacers?
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Hill was a solid back-up, and has an explosive scoring ability and above average defense. Larry Bird says that Hill is " an experienced player, he's been in the playoffs, he's a big guard. We like him because we know he's got length and can defend." and that he has been trying to pry Hill away from the Spurs for several years. "Indiana George" as he was called by Popovich, might not be that bad of a pick-up by the Pacers. He might be utilized like Barbosa, coming off the bench for energy and a scoring punch at either of the guard positions. Besides, Hill is a Hoosier and Indiana is having trouble filling seats, so maybe this will work out for them from a local boy comes home angle.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Hill will be able to play with Collison at times as well as run the point, just like he did in San Antonio. He is very athletic and has enough length and strength to guard 2's for stretches during a game.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I agree with you, the Pacers know exactly what they're doing. Their PG situation is looking mighty strong right now w/ Collison and Hill. Clearly the Spurs have something else up their sleeve, Leonard his huge, but I do foresee them making another trade..

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            yeah i don't get this deal from a pacers perspective at all. are they going to play hill at the 2? what happens with george? i guess they just wanted quality depth at guard?
                            Geroge is an SF. Hill is playing the two. I thought Collison was a slam dunk when Bird got em. I dunno. They're going nowhere. Well hard to say that from a Raps perspective.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

word is the pacers want david west. if they get him, thats a pretty damn good team. deep too.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X