Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Returns the favour to Michael Jordan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Returns the favour to Michael Jordan?

Karma is a bitch ain't it?

Cavaliers, Bobcats discuss deal

A fascinating game of cat-and-mouse has unfolded in the middle of the lottery, where the Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Bobcats are jockeying to get the players they want out of the 2011 draft.

Cleveland wants to draft 7-footer Jonas Valanciunas of Lithuania, but had a scenario where it could get him and also land the 19th overall pick belonging to the Bobcats, sources said. Charlotte has the ninth pick, and desperately wants Texas’ Tristan Thompson. The Bobcats believe that Thompson won’t get past Detroit with the eighth pick and need the Cavaliers to take him fourth. This way, Valanciunas, who may not be able to join the NBA until the 2012-13 season, would drop to Charlotte at nine, and owner Michael Jordan would trade Valanciunas – with the 18th overall pick – to the Cavaliers for Thompson.

Several days ago, Detroit hadn’t planned to draft Valanciunas, but sources said Pistons general manager Joe Dumars was given the OK by new owner Tom Gores to take Valanciunas despite the fact he wouldn’t be able to join the team this season. This is a problem for the Charlotte-Cleveland deal, and now another has arisen. Several teams believe the San Antonio Spurs’ desire to get the Sacramento Kings’ pick at No. 7 centers on a desire to draft Valanciunas as a future replacement for Tim Duncan, and now Cleveland must draft Valanciunas at the No. 4 spot, or risk losing him all together.

In this scenario, Detroit could land Thompson with the eighth pick, unless the Houston Rockets can convince the Pistons to move back in exchange for the 14th and 23 overall picks.

And yet, sources said, Cleveland is still trying to engage the Toronto Raptors at No. 5 and the Washington Wizards at No. 6 to find a way to get another asset and still end up with Valanciunas.

source
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Karma is a bitch ain't it?
    Watching Chandler play in finals and another season of Calderon's 'clap defense' was like getting punched in the face and the gut at the same time. MJ deserves this and much more!
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

You know when we drafted this kid that was the first thought in my head that we got him mainly to screw of jordan

Comment

So the Cavs didn't draft Thompson for themselves, but now they're stuck with him. Is that correct?

Comment

Interesting article. I thought Tristan would be drafted 8th or 9th and was shocked when he was drafted 4th. This explains why.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I remember reading rumours to this prior to the draft and when Thompson was called out I told my wife it was for him to get traded.

Karma monkey. Still on Jordan's back since this only makes up for part of it.

Comment

i'd like to believe Jonas was a last second pick JUST to screw with MJ.

i'd also like to believe that BC was giggling in a corner, muttering "F$%$ YOU MJ!! Tyson Chandler, Mother F#$%#$!!"

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                So the Cavs didn't draft Thompson for themselves, but now they're stuck with him. Is that correct?
                That's how it appears... but I wouldn't be too disappointed if I were a Cavs fan. Irving and Thompson are probably two of the safest picks you could make.

Comment

I hadn't heard this before. Interesting. But Valanciunas was the best pick, regardless, and a gift Colangelo couldn't pass up. For the second year in a row. Cleveland couldn't have thought that he would have lasted two more picks. Not when he was so highly sought after.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I hadn't heard this before. Interesting. But Valanciunas was the best pick, regardless, and a gift Colangelo couldn't pass up. For the second year in a row. Cleveland couldn't have thought that he would have lasted two more picks. Not when he was so highly sought after.
                    I dunno, if the Raptors were thought to be going after Brandon Knight, then Washington would be the only obstacle. And if Val was available, would they take him or Vesely?

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      You know when we drafted this kid that was the first thought in my head that we got him mainly to screw of jordan
                      and vetoing the chandler deal was mj's way of getting back at us.
                      ?damn you toronto I could have been 73-9!?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                        I dunno, if the Raptors were thought to be going after Brandon Knight, then Washington would be the only obstacle. And if Val was available, would they take him or Vesely?
                        You might be right, but Valanciunas was believed to be the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft and most thought Cleveland would take him at 4 if Utah didn't take him at 3. That's a HUGE gamble to take that he'll last until 7. Especially when both Toronto and Washington could most definitely use him.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If true how effing greedy are the Cavs. They have the 1st and 4th and still angling for more with a pretty reaching stunt like that. Now they have a bunch of pgs and pfs.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            If true how effing greedy are the Cavs. They have the 1st and 4th and still angling for more with a pretty reaching stunt like that. Now they have a bunch of pgs and pfs.
                            Truly greedy. Not only did they fuck themselves but Charlotte as well. Biyombo will be a bust in a team that cannot score. Hmm, they have Diaw (who just exercised his option), Tyrus Thomas and Biyombo. They're fucked. And yea, Kemba, he'll be fine, but he's got a clone with him in DJ Augustine. Who's going to take the rock? Oh, let's not forget that they traded their heart and soul in Gerald Wallace. Take that MJ.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Truly greedy. Not only did they fuck themselves but Charlotte as well. Biyombo will be a bust in a team that cannot score. Hmm, they have Diaw (who just exercised his option), Tyrus Thomas and Biyombo. They're fucked. And yea, Kemba, he'll be fine, but he's got a clone with him in DJ Augustine. Who's going to take the rock? Oh, let's not forget that they traded their heart and soul in Gerald Wallace. Take that MJ.
                              I don't think Charlotte should be worried about how much they will score next season. They're in the same boat as Toronto, worrying about 3-5 years from now, not next season. And they do have Corey Maggette, now, who probably score better than Jackson and Wallace. He can't do anything else, but he can score.

I also don't understand blaming Cleveland for being greedy. Isn't that pretty much what you WANT your team to be? Or should they worry about not taking too much away from the other teams? If Toronto had the chance to get the top two picks, would you recommend them not doing that because it would be greedy?
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X