• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes a headcase, pass.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'll add he's not a center.

Comment

Just tank this season and get a high draft pick!! its all about 2012 baby!!

PG - Calderon
        SG- Derozan
        SF - Barnes
        PF - Davis
        C - JV

Comment

is that fair to season tickets holders or the fans who wish to tune into the games to see the team legitimately try and compete?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            is that fair to season tickets holders or the fans who wish to tune into the games to see the team legitimately try and compete?
            Yeah the addition of a second or a third tier vetran centre that may help win you an extra 4 -6 wins really going to make a difference in the big scheme of things. When the Heat are in town you are still going to get the beating of a lifetime.

Are the Raptors going to make the playoffs if they add that centre for a short term basis? no. But it will take them farther from their true draft position which won't allow them to get better in the long run.

I say forget about getting a centre via free agency when you got JV coming over in 2012. What Dwayne Casey needs to do is pull Bargnani aside and tell him " look you are the only legitimate 7 ft guy on the team, so enough with the bullsh1t, go grab those rebounds and play some defence out there or your minutes are going to slowly dissapear".

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Yeah the addition of a second or a third tier vetran centre that may help win you an extra 4 -6 wins really going to make a difference in the big scheme of things. When the Heat are in town you are still going to get the beating of a lifetime.

Are the Raptors going to make the playoffs if they add that centre for a short term basis? no. But it will take them farther from their true draft position which won't allow them to get better in the long run.
              If they didn't get nailed with all those injuries they might have been hanging around as a potential 8th seed for part of the season. All their young guys are going to be better this coming season and they should be improved on defense. They will finish better this season even without free agent additions.

I say forget about getting a centre via free agency when you got JV coming over in 2012. What Dwayne Casey needs to do is pull Bargnani aside and tell him " look you are the only legitimate 7 ft guy on the team, so enough with the bullsh1t, go grab those rebounds and play some defence out there or your minutes are going to slowly dissapear".
              You think a pep talk is going to do much with this guy? I don't. He needs a tough, grinder on the floor with him calling his manhood into question each and every time he bails on doing anything that doesn't involve handling or shooting the ball. You know, an Oakley type. Oak did wonders in this role for Vince. As soon as Oak left town Carter was never the same. Maybe Bargnani will find this influence on his new team.

Comment

Blazers give Greg Oden qualifying offer

Hi. Long time no speak. Anyway

Fresh off the ESPN front page.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Trail Blazers have offered former No. 1 draft pick Greg Oden an $8.8 million qualifying offer to stay in Portland.

The offer means the often-injured 7-foot center becomes a restricted free agent. The Blazers can match any other offer made for him.

Oden, 23, didn't play this past season after microfracture surgery on his left knee. He missed his rookie season in 2007-08 after microfracture surgery on his right knee. Two seasons ago he broke his left kneecap.
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6717753

Question. With 10mill open from the cap and only 8.8 by portland to oden, does this change the free agency outlook and stratagy by the raptors. I always looked at Greg as a backup signing if Gasol signed elsewhere. With the draft of Jonas, does it even matter.
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

When Oden is healthy to play, he is no backup. I do understand your backup comment from the stand point that he is often injured, and you would need a replacement that can handle a full season if need be.

EDIT: Lol, sorry Y reread you post, I miss read, bed time for me... lol.

Comment

Offer him 20 million for 2 years. If he plays sweet we have an awsome center (when healthy) ... if not we tank again and get another awsome pick plus + Jonas. Mark my words ... 2 years Raps will be a top 10 team in the league.

Comment

Whaaaa?

You take a shot at Oden for a couple of million at the most ! Portland is doing a Gilbert Arenas on this. If they pay him for one year at the qualifying offer or give him say 10 million over 3 years, that is not so bad. But Oden can be a franchise killer. And even when he was healthy he was too slow on rotations and coming back to defend the rim. He is a foul machine at his peak. Now, he is a seven foot pylon.

Comment

exactly, I don't see the facination with this guy, he HAD potential, now he is a 23 year old going on 50 (he even looks 50)

Comment

Jesus Christ you do NOT give Greg Oden more than 2 or 3 million per year. Who's running the blazers these days?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            No

Just tank this season and get a high draft pick!! its all about 2012 baby!!

PG - Calderon
                            SG- Derozan
                            SF - Barnes
                            PF - Davis
                            C - JV
                            Sorry Calderon? Numero Ocho?
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

id rather have d will 2.0 than h. barnes even thoug they'll both be ill
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                                No
                                Is it fair to fans to consistently put a mediocre product on the floor, which is what they've been doing for the last 16 years?

charlz wrote: View Post
                                Sorry Calderon? Numero Ocho?
                                Actually, I think Calderon would be excellent for that lineup. He's a veteran PG who gets everyone involved, runs the offense well and doesn't demand shots. And his defense wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue with Valanciunas, Davis and Barnes being behind him on defense. I just wish he was younger.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X