weird picks last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird picks last night

1. cleveland taking tristan thompson. don't get that one at all. is hickson gone then?

2. houston taking marcus morris with kawhi and singleton there. makes no sense. enjoy that undersizd pf fellas.

3. pacers getting george hill. zero sense.

4. boston not keeping marshon brooks. i cringed when they took him, hes exactly what they need... and then they trade him for whatshisface. good player, but more of a role player that doesn't do any one thing great.

5. every laker pick except morris. good call not getting young guys that are proven. you don't need a infusion of youth at all. wankers.
    @sweatpantsjer

oh and the kings paring jimmer with evans is going to be funny for years to come. if you all thought the derozen/calderon backcourt didn't play D...
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      1. cleveland taking tristan thompson. don't get that one at all. is hickson gone then?
      Yah, very strange, but good for us since JV fell.

2. houston taking marcus morris with kawhi and singleton there. makes no sense. enjoy that undersizd pf fellas.
      A year after taking Patrick Patterson at the same pick...and then trading for Donatus Montejunas, and having Luis Scola...wtf?

3. pacers getting george hill. zero sense.
      I guess...well...I have no idea. They were robbed by opening the door for the masked men!

4. boston not keeping marshon brooks. i cringed when they took him, hes exactly what they need... and then they trade him for whatshisface. good player, but more of a role player that doesn't do any one thing great.
      Acutally I buy this move, he doesn't play D, and they moved to get JJ who plays solid D, and would groom into Garnett's backup/potential replacement.

5. every laker pick except morris. good call not getting young guys that are proven. you don't need a infusion of youth at all. wankers.
      Morris is a great pick up for them and will be in the rotation next year. If he gets a jumpshot of any kind he is a future starter. I would add Goudelock is an awesome shooter with greater range than Jimmer (really), and the two of them would be a solid combo. (They also believe Shannon Brown is gone, and while less athletic - who isn't - a far better shooter than SB and fills a glaring need). The other two (yah one was traded to Denver for a future pick but still) are head slappers not scratchers. These are guys they could have brought into camp without risk, and passed on David Lighty and Ben Hansbrough!

oh and the kings paring jimmer with evans is going to be funny for years to come. if you all thought the derozen/calderon backcourt didn't play D...
      And then SAC picked up Isaiah Thomas at the end. So their PGs are Jimmer...and Thomas. They say they want to win now? Really?

And you are bang on, defense won't be anywhere on that floor. Perhaps in the beer line, but I would bet still more offense there...

Comment

And did you see BKnight's attitude last night? Maybe not happy he fell, but shades of Stevie Francis imo. Immaturity showing, and I have to say happy we passed.

Comment

Definite losing (or head slapping) teams last night:
          Cleveland (could have taken Williams or Kanter, and still grabbed a PG at 4).
          Sacramento - these guys are just...don't have a word for it
          Houston - yes ok they got talent potential, but Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Donatus Montejunas...good thing they have a centre...oh wait they traded Brad Miller, Yao may never play again, so they have Thabeet. Not sure of their thinking. I repect D Morley, but Mchale, these moves (add in they have Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic and now Johnny Flynn at PG...) seem completely out of character.
          Washington: Jan Vesely is overrated, and my bust pick this year. Maybe it works because of Wall. But then they pick Singleton at the same position?

Split Decision:
          Utah
          Detroit - Leonard would have been a great fit, but adding another PG, a young and immature one at that, into the mix of malcontents and such in Detroit...
          Knicks - Shumpert could be the perfect pick, but could have been a big waste for them. This is a time well tell situe.
          Lakers - I like their first two pickups (as stated above in comment 3), but what is up with the last two. Too late in the night and smoking some of Klay Thompson's...

Winners:
          Toronto - did not expect JV to be available. Would have preferred 2 picks, but they did well.
          Golden State - Klay Thompson* is a good pickup, Jeremy Tyler is a steal. *Signals the likely end of Ellis so they can pick up assets as well.
          San Antonio (when are they not) - robbed Indiana.
          Portland - I don't see how they are criticized for the trade for Felton. They lose out on Fernandez who is unhappy in Portland and 3rd on the depth chart after WMatthews, and were 100% going to trade or not exercise the option on Miller, for a guy they chased a year ago, fits their mold, and may stay long term. Add to that they pick up a long-term (imo) backup PG in Nolan Smith.
          Denver - gain Andre Miller as a backup PG, fill a glaring need at PF with Faried, get a complement to Galinari in Jordan Hamilton.

Comment

yeah i loved portland getting felton. great pickup there. he'll fit the team perfectly. i liked what denver did too. utah went from being a awful team to really young and exciting in one draft. i cannot believe burks fell to them, and good on them for taking kanter. wise move. now im guessing milsap/jefferson get traded.

i laughed at the knicks draft. iman has great potential but its a HUGE if. im betting on he doesn't do much in the league. but good call passing on kawhi and faried.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Cousins doesn't have a history of being a prima dona, and I imagine that he will be very happy with a PG who will jack up 25 shots a game. (This is sarcasm.) Sacramento will be a bomb just waiting to be detonated. This is scary but TMZ should be happy.

But Isaiah Thomas can play defense, he is just very small. I can see him eventually starting over Jimmer, but what the hell do I know.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                And did you see BKnight's attitude last night? Maybe not happy he fell, but shades of Stevie Francis imo. Immaturity showing, and I have to say happy we passed.
                Yah, I saw that too. I think he was really disappointed to see how far he dropped. So many mock drafts had him going 3rd, and if not 3rd then 5th. I was surprised as well. I hope he isn't the prima dona, jesus envisioning a**hole that Steve was, but I did see a bit of Steve Francis.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

yeah i loved portland getting felton. great pickup there. he'll fit the team perfectly. i liked what denver did too. utah went from being a awful team to really young and exciting in one draft. i cannot believe burks fell to them, and good on them for taking kanter. wise move. now im guessing milsap/jefferson get traded.

i laughed at the knicks draft. iman has great potential but its a HUGE if. im betting on he doesn't do much in the league. but good call passing on kawhi and faried.
                  What the hell were the Knicks thinking? They had the worst draft I think by far. Its hard to believe that Isiah didn't have something to do with this.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Definite losing (or head slapping) teams last night:
                    Cleveland (could have taken Williams or Kanter, and still grabbed a PG at 4).
                    Sacramento - these guys are just...don't have a word for it
                    Houston - yes ok they got talent potential, but Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Donatus Montejunas...good thing they have a centre...oh wait they traded Brad Miller, Yao may never play again, so they have Thabeet. Not sure of their thinking. I repect D Morley, but Mchale, these moves (add in they have Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic and now Johnny Flynn at PG...) seem completely out of character.
                    Washington: Jan Vesely is overrated, and my bust pick this year. Maybe it works because of Wall. But then they pick Singleton at the same position?

Split Decision:
                    Utah
                    Detroit - Leonard would have been a great fit, but adding another PG, a young and immature one at that, into the mix of malcontents and such in Detroit...
                    Knicks - Shumpert could be the perfect pick, but could have been a big waste for them. This is a time well tell situe.
                    Lakers - I like their first two pickups (as stated above in comment 3), but what is up with the last two. Too late in the night and smoking some of Klay Thompson's...

Winners:
                    Toronto - did not expect JV to be available. Would have preferred 2 picks, but they did well.
                    Golden State - Klay Thompson* is a good pickup, Jeremy Tyler is a steal. *Signals the likely end of Ellis so they can pick up assets as well.
                    San Antonio (when are they not) - robbed Indiana.
                    Portland - I don't see how they are criticized for the trade for Felton. They lose out on Fernandez who is unhappy in Portland and 3rd on the depth chart after WMatthews, and were 100% going to trade or not exercise the option on Miller, for a guy they chased a year ago, fits their mold, and may stay long term. Add to that they pick up a long-term (imo) backup PG in Nolan Smith.
                    Denver - gain Andre Miller as a backup PG, fill a glaring need at PF with Faried, get a complement to Galinari in Jordan Hamilton.
                    At the very least Washington will be quick and very exciting to watch. They will be entertaining to say the least. I don't think that they will be so bad.

Comment

About the Pacers trading for Hill, although the Spurs won big, I think Indiana didn't lose. Hill is from Indiana, played college in Indiana and is a hometown hero. I don't feel like that's such a big loss for them.

I thought the biggest loser was Sacramento, they traded down and got Salmons. They got Freddette, when at their original pick Walker and Knight were both available, not to mention Leonard.

Also Boston got two decent players IMO, but were fan favorites and "veterans" in college, they have a lot of chemistry and have good work ethics and character. Johnson could learn a lot and potentially be pretty good working with KG. And same for Moore, who can learn a lot from Ray Allen.

Comment

Working...
                      X