Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Perry Jones is Charlie Villanueva, part 2.
    Million dollar talent, 2 cents between the ears.
    haha. is it that they are stupid or just soft. i agree with not liking jones'. i think that if he could really harness the talent that he has no matter how much their team wanted to play him at the 5 he would have showed he wasn't a five. the player he gets compared to the most is durant and durant played the the 2 and 3 in college.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Apr 13th, 2012 at 02:29 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We already have one guy that needs help getting motivated (Bargs) it would be nice to have a fiery competitor on this team. I think Perry Jones might be good for a team that isn't relying on him to be that guy, but for the Raptors, I think adding another ho hum kinda of guy is not the right personality to add.

I like MKG and Robinson for those reasons.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I seem to be the only guy who would take a serious look at Jones (assuming we fall out of the top 5).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    We already have one guy that needs help getting motivated (Bargs) it would be nice to have a fiery competitor on this team. I think Perry Jones might be good for a team that isn't relying on him to be that guy, but for the Raptors, I think adding another ho hum kinda of guy is not the right personality to add.

I like MKG and Robinson for those reasons.
    Ditto. These guys were leaders (in more ways than one) on their teams. The "best" players on the Raps are passive sorts.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    lol, I seem to be the only guy who would take a serious look at Jones (assuming we fall out of the top 5).
    If Bryan drafted Jones, I actually wouldn't be to upset by it. I think he has an IQ issue which concerns me but maturity would help there. I'd rather have Jones over Drummond and not because of our PF depth. Drummond oozes bust more so than Jones, IMO.

For me it would probably be a toss up between Barnes and Perry if we drafted outside of the top 5. Sullinger is another guy that I would look at. I think his game is better suited in the NBA than in college. He just needs to lose some weight - and I think that's very doable especially with Mckechnie on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Bryan drafted Jones, I actually wouldn't be to upset by it. I think he has an IQ issue which concerns me but maturity would help there. I'd rather have Jones over Drummond and not because of our PF depth. Drummond oozes bust more so than Jones, IMO.

For me it would probably be a toss up between Barnes and Perry if we drafted outside of the top 5. Sullinger is another guy that I would look at. I think his game is better suited in the NBA than in college. He just needs to lose some weight - and I think that's very doable especially with Mckechnie on board.
    All my opinion but:

Drummond oozes Kwame Brown.

Jones oozes Donte Greene with slightly better shooting percentages but much less steals and blocks at the NCAA level (statistically speaking).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beal me!

Beal is in!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators freshman Bradley Beal will declare for the NBA draft, the school announced Friday morning.

The 6-foot-3, 207-pound guard is projected by ESPN's Chad Ford to be a top-five pick. Beal will be the Gators' first one-and-done player since Donnell Harvey in 2000.

Florida coach Billy Donovan has set a 10:30 a.m. ET news conference to discuss the news.

Beal, a shooting guard who often played forward because of injuries, helped lead the Gators to a 26-11 record and a second consecutive Elite Eight appearance.

He averaged 14.8 points and led UF with 6.7 rebounds a game. He was named to the All-SEC first team and All-Freshman team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...nter-nba-draft

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who the hell is Donnell Harvey, lol
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    All my opinion but:

Drummond oozes Kwame Brown.

Jones oozes Donte Greene with slightly better shooting percentages but much less steals and blocks at the NCAA level (statistically speaking).
    I agree completely.. Jones could be a big pile of doodoo.. I just think that he has the potential to be really really good. The guy could be a match up nightmare if he plays the 3. His offense is pretty good.. and his defense could become really good with the right coaches (like Casey). He lacks toughness and disappears in games. But if you look at TMac's game back in the day you could have said the same things - and he became all-world (until his injuries).

I think this is where having Bryan as a GM is a good thing. He's pretty good at assessing talent. If he feels Perry is a good fit and drafts him, I'll be happy with the pick.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ya he could be another T Mac/Ed Davis type. He looks all drowsy and doesn't really show emotion that much, but extremely explosive. It would be a pretty good pick outside the top 4 -5 maybe.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beal is declaring now is he? Man if we land that kid we can't go wrong. I wonder if he has the potential to be Wade or Brandon Roy good as a SG. Let's go lottery balls!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I wouldn't be upset if they pick Jones out of the top 3. I trust that Colangelo and the scouts know what they are doing. I know I only have limited time in the day to check out these prospects, perhaps PJ3 shines in workouts and his interviews. Who knows. After Davis and MkG it's all up in the air for me. I just don't want Drummond or Sullinger.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going with what the rumors are about PJ3 personality, it could be totally opposite. Who knows!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I wouldn't be upset if they pick Jones out of the top 3. I trust that Colangelo and the scouts know what they are doing. I know I only have limited time in the day to check out these prospects, perhaps PJ3 shines in workouts and his interviews. Who knows. After Davis and MkG it's all up in the air for me. I just don't want Drummond or Sullinger.
    He's a medium risk, very high reward kind of guy. He has elite athleticism, good handles, and a pretty good shot as well. I have faith in BC and i think he'll make the right pick to land us a great player

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going with what the rumors are about PJ3 personality, it could be totally opposite. Who knows!
    You never really know. Some guys coming out of college are accused of not having a drive or passion but then they come into the NBA and just explode. You don't have to be successful in the NCAA to be successful in the NBA. And i think someone like Dwane Casey can really do wonders with that length and athleticism of PJ3.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think I would prefer Drummond over PJ3. Drummond was a beast in high school, and very good defensively at UConn this year. UConn players tend to develop slowly. My theory is that Calhoun likes it that way - keep the star recruits for more than a year and let them dominate as Soph or Jr players. Also, Drummond is very young. He is still 18 and won't turn 19 for several months. He is almost a year younger than Dwight Howard was when he was drafted.

PJ3 might be good, but there were questions about character in high school, and he has underwhelmed with two full years in college. I think he is a higher risk.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo likes his double troubles: DD, JJ, AA.

Time to bring the est of the group Bradley Beal!

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Colangelo likes his double troubles: DD, JJ, AA.

Time to bring the est of the group Bradley Beal!
    how about Tayshawn Taylor with our second rounder

Post Thanks / Like

Casey said he wanted guys with "motor" because it's a "NBA skill". Sorry Barnes + Drummond.

Post Thanks / Like

PJ3 has an inconsistent motor. MKG has the highest motor in the draft maybe after Anthony Davis but it will be hard to draft him if we are not in the top 3.

Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast

Thread Information