2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Today was the deadline for underclassmen to declare if they planned to return to their NCAA team. Of course in the grand scheme of things, that means d!ck all. Players can still declare before April 29th. Really the only player not declared who should be is Andre Drummond. If his university declaration is any indication, wait for a last minute answer on April 29th. Given he is not on scholarship, UCONN is not eligible for the tournament next year, and Calhoun is a candidate for retirement, it seems like it is just a matter of time before declaration.

Anyways, in celebration of this meaningless day, here is the top mocks latest mocks:

ESPN Top 20 (top 100 for Insiders)

DraftExpress.com:

HoopsWorld.com:

NBADraft.net:
    Kentucky has 5 starters who haven't declared actually, although Doron Lamb will probably go back. Beal also hasn't declared. Drummond also has the option of transferring without losing a year, because of the eligibility issues.

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
      Kentucky has 5 starters who haven't declared actually, although Doron Lamb will probably go back. Beal also hasn't declared. Drummond also has the option of transferring without losing a year, because of the eligibility issues.
      Thanks for clarification. I stand corrected.

April 10th was still a b.s. date draft wise.

Comment

• Looks like Drummond is in.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...lare_For_Draft

Comment

• I think we should take a gamble on Perry Jones. I think the coaching staff in Baylor wasn't good and they had him playing the wrong role. Dwane casey could help this guy develop into a lockdown defender at the 3. If he works out he can be a franchise player and push us over the hill in the next few years. Jaw Dropping athleticism and plus he can handle and score the ball in and out. Imagine the length of Bargnani, Valanciunas and Perry Jones that is insane. We would have 3 incredible offensive weapons. I know there are concerns about his drive but i think its due to playing an uncomfortable role and not getting the ball where he wants it. I recall Demarcus Cousins being accused of the same things but now he plays his heart out every night.

Comment

• Perry Jones is Charlie Villanueva, part 2.
            Million dollar talent, 2 cents between the ears.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Perry Jones is Charlie Villanueva, part 2.
              Million dollar talent, 2 cents between the ears.
              haha. is it that they are stupid or just soft. i agree with not liking jones'. i think that if he could really harness the talent that he has no matter how much their team wanted to play him at the 5 he would have showed he wasn't a five. the player he gets compared to the most is durant and durant played the the 2 and 3 in college.
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• We already have one guy that needs help getting motivated (Bargs) it would be nice to have a fiery competitor on this team. I think Perry Jones might be good for a team that isn't relying on him to be that guy, but for the Raptors, I think adding another ho hum kinda of guy is not the right personality to add.

I like MKG and Robinson for those reasons.

Comment

• lol, I seem to be the only guy who would take a serious look at Jones (assuming we fall out of the top 5).

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    We already have one guy that needs help getting motivated (Bargs) it would be nice to have a fiery competitor on this team. I think Perry Jones might be good for a team that isn't relying on him to be that guy, but for the Raptors, I think adding another ho hum kinda of guy is not the right personality to add.

I like MKG and Robinson for those reasons.
                    Ditto. These guys were leaders (in more ways than one) on their teams. The "best" players on the Raps are passive sorts.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      lol, I seem to be the only guy who would take a serious look at Jones (assuming we fall out of the top 5).
                      If Bryan drafted Jones, I actually wouldn't be to upset by it. I think he has an IQ issue which concerns me but maturity would help there. I'd rather have Jones over Drummond and not because of our PF depth. Drummond oozes bust more so than Jones, IMO.

For me it would probably be a toss up between Barnes and Perry if we drafted outside of the top 5. Sullinger is another guy that I would look at. I think his game is better suited in the NBA than in college. He just needs to lose some weight - and I think that's very doable especially with Mckechnie on board.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        If Bryan drafted Jones, I actually wouldn't be to upset by it. I think he has an IQ issue which concerns me but maturity would help there. I'd rather have Jones over Drummond and not because of our PF depth. Drummond oozes bust more so than Jones, IMO.

For me it would probably be a toss up between Barnes and Perry if we drafted outside of the top 5. Sullinger is another guy that I would look at. I think his game is better suited in the NBA than in college. He just needs to lose some weight - and I think that's very doable especially with Mckechnie on board.
                        All my opinion but:

Drummond oozes Kwame Brown.

Jones oozes Donte Greene with slightly better shooting percentages but much less steals and blocks at the NCAA level (statistically speaking).

Comment

• Beal me!

Beal is in!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators freshman Bradley Beal will declare for the NBA draft, the school announced Friday morning.

The 6-foot-3, 207-pound guard is projected by ESPN's Chad Ford to be a top-five pick. Beal will be the Gators' first one-and-done player since Donnell Harvey in 2000.

Florida coach Billy Donovan has set a 10:30 a.m. ET news conference to discuss the news.

Beal, a shooting guard who often played forward because of injuries, helped lead the Gators to a 26-11 record and a second consecutive Elite Eight appearance.

He averaged 14.8 points and led UF with 6.7 rebounds a game. He was named to the All-SEC first team and All-Freshman team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...nter-nba-draft

Comment

• Who the hell is Donnell Harvey, lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              All my opinion but:

Drummond oozes Kwame Brown.

Jones oozes Donte Greene with slightly better shooting percentages but much less steals and blocks at the NCAA level (statistically speaking).
                              I agree completely.. Jones could be a big pile of doodoo.. I just think that he has the potential to be really really good. The guy could be a match up nightmare if he plays the 3. His offense is pretty good.. and his defense could become really good with the right coaches (like Casey). He lacks toughness and disappears in games. But if you look at TMac's game back in the day you could have said the same things - and he became all-world (until his injuries).

I think this is where having Bryan as a GM is a good thing. He's pretty good at assessing talent. If he feels Perry is a good fit and drafts him, I'll be happy with the pick.

Comment

• ya he could be another T Mac/Ed Davis type. He looks all drowsy and doesn't really show emotion that much, but extremely explosive. It would be a pretty good pick outside the top 4 -5 maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X