No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Miller will enter. He has 7 sibling that live in south side Chicago. He going to want to take care his familly.

I only want Quincy if we get AK47 this summer. Someone that can teach how to use that lenght. Quincy is definately not NBA ready. He going to be a project.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
      I'm curious as to why so many people are so high on Barnes. Great shooter, but he's mechanical in every other facet of his game.

I also don't understand the fascination with Gilchrist. Great team player, high motor, but what does he do at an NBA level besides the defence? Don't get me wrong, defence is important as Casey needs better defensive players but to take him with a top 5 pick?

Can't do it.
      Re: MKG...I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freshman with the total package (except for the outside shot) better than Gilchrist and at his position. His biggest asset imo is his intangibles manifested in being a "closer". If you watch his games (and he is only a freshman with much to come) he wants the ball at crucial times, his coach wants him to get the ball and then he finishes. He has a leader personality sans too much swagger and apparently a fine person. He reminds me of Brandon Roy in this regard. I have seen but 4 of his games and he has impressed in all. I would take him over Barnes. This maybe a fluff piece (out of Kentucky) but speaks to my points...

http://kentucky.scout.com/2/1160918.html

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        If we're drafting at #4 -even at #6, there's NO WAY we should be drafting Quincy Miller. There are much better prospects out there and better fits.
        like who? if Barnes, MKG, Drummond and Davis are off the board who would you choose? IMO there is no one after that besides Q Miller. Miller is the only one after those 4 who has the potential to be a star or a franchise center piece

Comment

As for Lamb, I think he's a good kid. He's got good ball IQ (which is very underrated), has good bloodlines, good work ethic. He's a bit thin, but because of his wingspan, he has a chance to be a terror on the defensive end. He also has a good shooting stroke. If we draft him, however, the writing would be on the wall for Demar. He'd be good as gone.

basically nick young 2.0 cept he has a higher IQ no thanks.

Comment

• I haven't seen a single thing that reminds me of Nick Young with him, what are you people on about?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I haven't seen a single thing that reminds me of Nick Young with him, what are you people on about?
              I think the 'you people' is only one person.

Comment

• Actually, comparing Nick Young to Demar DeRozan is a better comparison. They're good friends, both 6'7" from LA, both went to USC, play the same position and have similar stats, both struggle with defense.
                Last edited by stretch; Wed Feb 22, 2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  like who? if Barnes, MKG, Drummond and Davis are off the board who would you choose? IMO there is no one after that besides Q Miller. Miller is the only one after those 4 who has the potential to be a star or a franchise center piece
                  If we're talking about ceiling PJ3's ceiling is higher. Brad Beal has star potential t
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

As for Lamb, I think he's a good kid. He's got good ball IQ (which is very underrated), has good bloodlines, good work ethic. He's a bit thin, but because of his wingspan, he has a chance to be a terror on the defensive end. He also has a good shooting stroke. If we draft him, however, the writing would be on the wall for Demar. He'd be good as gone.
                    I can't see the raptors trading Demar so early in his career. The Raptors are not so good that they can afford to upgrade at a position which is supposed to be a strength when there are so many other positions to improve upon. There has to be some sort of priority given to the small forward and guard positions which need an infusion of talent (calderon will be on the decline sooner than later). My money would be on them making a draft day trade if they can't get Barnes or MKG, though personally I wouldn't be disappointed if they pick up PJ3.

Comment

• Anyone catch that Kansas game last night? It was the first time I've seen Thomas Robinson play. Certainly athletic and has a NBA ready body, but didn't see a whole lot of developed skills. The reason I'm asking is because a lot of draft boards have had him going to Toronto in the draft. Any insight would be great.

Comment

• After watching the crowd chant "MVP!" for Aaron Gray I can only imagine what they'd do if we drafted MKG
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          If we're talking about ceiling PJ3's ceiling is higher. Brad Beal has star potential t
                          Brad beal doesn't not have star potential don't kid yourself. He's a poor mans Ray Allen/Eric Gordan and PJ3 is iffy people think he doesn't have the motor or the killer instinct to become a star player. Oh an he's also a tweener

Comment

• Comparing Barnes to MKG. Click the link to see the write up on each. End is below.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft-...kidd-gilchrist

So Who is the Pick?

Well, a lot of it depends on the situation. Barnes, a year older, figures to be the more NBA ready player of the two. Kidd-Gilchrist does have more upside, though, and if he can overhaul his jump shot into something reliable he’ll be very scary.

It’s unlikely that either of them become franchise players or number one options. That’s not to say that they won’t make fine number two options or stellar third options, though. Based off of the way the standings are right now, Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist will likely end up either with the Charlotte Bobcats, New Jersey Nets or Toronto Raptors, who would be thrilled to have one of them fall to them.

There’s a saying when it comes to evaluating the draft that you can’t accurately do so until a few years down the line. That will be the case in determining whether or not Barnes or MKG was the right pick. They’re both fine players who will make tremendous additions, but a few years down the line it’s likely that one surpasses the other. It will just come down to whether or not a team wants to gamble and invest in Kidd-Gilchrist’s immense potential, or go the safer route with Barnes, who will almost certainly be a contributor immediately. There are plenty of reasons to like one over the other and vice versa. The deciding factors could end up being their play in the NCAA Tournament and predraft workouts.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Comparing Barnes to MKG. Click the link to see the write up on each. End is below.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft-...kidd-gilchrist
                              I read this article too, it was very accurate.

Since we have that defensive centre coming in, I think with that anchor defensively, and the fact Andrea has improved on that side as well, we can have trust in them to "gamble." You can go for steals and not worry because of your big men down low protecting the paint. MKG is a very good on-ball defender, defensive stopper type player, hits the glass, energy player, but we kind of have that in James Johnson, but not a defensive stopper, plus our struggle is the scoring from there.
                              I would love to have Barnes, his scoring is great, and like the article said, will be a contributor right away, we need that outside threat, and even though he's not a big slasher, there's a reason why Demar Derozan is here.
                              The only problem is Barnes may be gone once it's our turn to pick, so we would HAVE to choose MKG if that's what BC is basically trying to pursue, but if he's not gone, I'm taking Barnes.

I like Quincy Miller and Perry Jones, tweeners but hell they've got some game, we'll see how the NCAA tournament ranks out, because something can happen and show out like what happened with Derrick Williams.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Brad beal doesn't not have star potential don't kid yourself. He's a poor mans Ray Allen/Eric Gordan and PJ3 is iffy people think he doesn't have the motor or the killer instinct to become a star player. Oh an he's also a tweener
                                Ray Allen is a hall fame so if his going to be a poor man's version of that. Sign me up. Chad Ford said he,d would take him top 5 early this week.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X