2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorpe thinks Raptors are best fit for Barnes

Thorpe believes Harrison Barnes of North Carolina would be an ideal fit for the Raptors.

"Imagine the impact Barnes could have in Toronto, probably the worst defensive team last season," writes Thorpe. "Not only would he immediately upgrade the Raps on that side of the ball, but his perimeter shooting partners well with their shooting guard, DeMar DeRozan, who can slash but does not shoot well from the perimeter."
    Source: RealGM.com

Comment

• Jabari Parker's career goal: GOAT

Simeon junior Jabari Parker is generally regarded as the top player in the country regardless of class. But even that isn’t enough.

“Jabari wants to be the best basketball player ever,” Smith said. “Not just one of the best out of Illinois. He wants to be one of the best professional basketball players ever.”
      Source: Yourseason.com

Comment

• This is what I've been saying all along!

BARNES OR BUST!!

Comment

• Imagine a front line of JV, Anthony Davis and then trade ED and a future #1 for a pick high enough to get Barnes. OKC has 15 guaranteed contracts for next year without Cook, sign him. Send out Bargnani to get cap space and another pick to grab Kabongo. Then sign Nash to a 2 or 3 year. Resign Barbosa. Sign a veteran C for 2 years.... that would be awesome.

PG: Nash, Kabongo
          SG: DD, Barbosa, Cook
          SF: Barnes, JJ, Kleiza
          PF: Anthony Davis, Amir
          C: Vet, JV, Alabi

*alarm clock goes off*

Comment

• Indeed. Time will tell but this draft is very important and to land Barnes would be huge.

Comment

• I'm for keeping Ed and just drafting Barnes. Kabongo if we can get him.
              But I think Harrison Barnes is all we really need to start working towards a solid future.
              But I don't think Anthony Davis is such a stud that we should be sending out Ed AND a future pick.
              When we could have Ed and Barnes and our Future Pick.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I'm for keeping Ed and just drafting Barnes. Kabongo if we can get him.
                But I think Harrison Barnes is all we really need to start working towards a solid future.
                But I don't think Anthony Davis is such a stud that we should be sending out Ed AND a future pick.
                When we could have Ed and Barnes and our Future Pick.
                I think he is going to be amazing, but I was really high on Terrence Jones at this time last year. Time will tell.

College ball will be amazing this year.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I think he is going to be amazing, but I was really high on Terrence Jones at this time last year. Time will tell.

College ball will be amazing this year.
                  Ya exactly. I was thinking Perry Jones would be blowing everyone away by now in the NBA ...

Actually, a nice page comparing Perry Jones and Anthony Davis (I went looking for something like this, because I see them as being VERY similar players ie Very Tall quasi-guards-forwards. Haha Did I just make up a position?)

And ya, March will be extra MAD this year I imagine.

ADD Forgot link: http://declaredblog.blogspot.com/201...-jones-vs.html
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 17, 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Ya exactly. I was thinking Perry Jones would be blowing everyone away by now in the NBA ...

Actually, a nice page comparing Perry Jones and Anthony Davis (I went looking for something like this, because I see them as being VERY similar players ie Very Tall quasi-guards-forwards. Haha Did I just make up a position?)

Nice read. Thanks Joey.

Did you notice the date on the write up? April 25, 2011.

My worry with Jones would be his worth ethic and motor. This is the first thing I've read on him that said it was not an issue or dismissed it. Also he did not improve as last year went on it seems. Barnes did not meet expectations initially but he certainly rose to the occasion as the season progressed. One can't say the same about Jones in my opinion.

Two more games until Jones can start putting the naysayers in their place. I hope he does.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Did you notice the date on the write up? April 25, 2011.
                      I did, and they still had Davis with the Edge over Jones! haha

Comment

• It's no surprise that Barnes is the best fit on paper, but far more than the best fit, the Raptors need the best player. If the Raptors get the first pick in the draft, then I think selecting Barnes is a mistake because I don't think he's going to be the best player in the draft. I don't think it's going to be a case of Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, but I see Barnes as more of a complimentary player, at this point. A guy like Anthony Davis has the potential to be one of the best players in the league. I simply don't see that potential with Barnes. That's not to say I'd be disappointed if the Raptors get him (I do like him), but if the Raptors bypass better players simply because Barnes is the best "fit" then that's a huge mistake.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't see many similarities between the two beyond the superficial. If Perry had Davis' work ethic and motor then he'd have gone number one last year. And Perry is a much better fit at SF while Davis is more of a PF.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I admit I didn't watch a lot of UNC games last year, but from the few games I did catch, I didn't see enough from Barnes to justify the hype. But again, my sample size was small...

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              It's no surprise that Barnes is the best fit on paper, but far more than the best fit, the Raptors need the best player. If the Raptors get the first pick in the draft, then I think selecting Barnes is a mistake because I don't think he's going to be the best player in the draft. I don't think it's going to be a case of Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, but I see Barnes as more of a complimentary player, at this point. A guy like Anthony Davis has the potential to be one of the best players in the league. I simply don't see that potential with Barnes. That's not to say I'd be disappointed if the Raptors get him (I do like him), but if the Raptors bypass better players simply because Barnes is the best "fit" then that's a huge mistake.
                              Disagree. I see Harrison Barnes as having one of the highest ceilings out of ANYONE in this draft.

Comment

• NCAA Freshman Struggles

Drummond
                                Rivers
                                Nash
                                Turner
                                McAdoo

http://www.hoopsworld.com/ncaa-freshmen-struggles/

A good read..... on a VERY small sample size.

HoopsWorld and NBADraft.net have been drooling over Turner for months. Not only has he lost the starting position, he has been benched for going on 2 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X