No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn new mockdraft has us back taking Waiters, with Cunningham and Middelton in the second round. If that actually happened id be thrilled.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• What is Houston offering for the 5th pick?

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
        Nope!
        Apologies I just went back a page and saw your other post...as well as Nilanka's.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Espn new mockdraft has us back taking Waiters, with Cunningham and Middelton in the second round. If that actually happened id be thrilled.
          The draft - and all the mock drafts - could get totally messed up if/when some/all of the rumored deals start going down!

- Charlotte trading down to swap #2/#4 with Cleveland, while also picking up Cleveland's 2nd 1st round pick (#24) --> Cleveland would likely draft Beal/MKG, while Charlotte would draft Barnes (MJ's NC connection)
          - Sacramento & Toronto both rumored to be trading down with Houston's #14/16 picks; rumor has it that #5 & #8 would then get flipped to a suddenly rebuilding Orlando team
          - Golden State possibly trading #7 for a wing (although it sounds like they've soured on Deng and his injury risk)
          - Portland (#6 and/or #11) and New Orleans (#10) both apparently being open to trading out/down

In a related story, I just read on ESPN that Sullinger wasn't invited by the NBA to their draft green room. Usually the top 12-16 picks or so get invited, so it sounds like they expect Sullinger to drop out of the lottery (at least).

Thursday can't get here soon enough!
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 25, 2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• This is going to be the most unproductive work week ever. I hope the draft is worth getting canned for...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Espn new mockdraft has us back taking Waiters, with Cunningham and Middelton in the second round. If that actually happened id be thrilled.
              That Cunningham kid is impressive. Poor man's Russel Westbrook.

Comment

• Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
                FIXED: I have confirmed thru two credible sources that Rockets' Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for the 8th overall pick is "heating up" #NBADraft
                https://twitter.com/#!/search/kyle%20lowry
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• and one of their picks right? AND ONE OF THEIR PICKS?!
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yes it better be with the 14th or 16th AND DONT TRADE DEMAR!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      https://twitter.com/#!/search/kyle%20lowry[/URL]
                      wow I got too excited reading that, I have to ease up on checking Raptors sites every five minutes ... back to work for at least 10 minutes

Comment

• Raptors better not fxck this up. Too much young hard working talent that can make our team better. Do i trust the front office? No. My Raptors optimisim for the near future hangs on what they do with this pick.

Ps. Whats with the rivers hate he actually wants to play here nd see our team win now that alone says alot. 19 nd was showing improvement near end of the season. Not saying hes our guy but i dont see it as a draft day loss
                        Last edited by Rocky416; Mon Jun 25, 2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• I don't get how Houston can even get both 5th and 8th picks with their 14, 16, Lowry & fillers .... and have enough to trade for Dwight ?
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Rocky416 wrote: View Post
                            Raptors better not fxck this up. Too much young hard working talent that can make our team better. Do i trust the front office? No. My Raptors optimisim for the near future hangs on what they do with this pick.

Ps. Whats with the rivers hate he actually wants to play here nd see our team win now that alone says alot. 19 nd was showing improvement near end of the season. Not saying hes our guy but i dont see it as a draft day loss
                            Isn't there a problem placing greater emphasis on Rivers' opinion of Toronto, over his actual playing abilities?

Comment

• If this deal goes down without a lotto pick coming back, time to find a carton of eggs (along with Colangelo's home address).

Did we really just spend the last year stinking it up for Kyle Lowry???

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                If this deal goes down without a lotto pick coming back, time to find a carton of eggs (along with Colangelo's home address).
                                Agreed. Lowry is not worth #8 straight-up. Especially if Nash is still in play for the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X