2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Than that would be PJ3 after Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond he has the highest ceilling.
    PJ3 also has one of the lowest basements as well.

His performance over the last 6 games is a great exhibit of this - especially against #4 Missouri and #10 Kansas.

I still don't know how a player with his length and athleticism can go 14 games with just 4 blocks and in 11 of those games have 0.

Comment

• Too bad this wont be the case come draft night

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

If that was the case i would hands down trade Jose for two low first round picks because we could grab Lillard, Quincy Miller and MKG and play him at shooting guard or Lamb or Beal ..... but I highly doubt this is what the board will look like at the end of the season. Oh well, it's nice to think about it though.
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Than that would be PJ3 after Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond he has the highest ceilling.
        +1

Funny thing is that both PJ3 and Miller are very similar. Long athletic players with good handles and can shoot. Guards in a forwards body. Miller has better range, but PJ3 has a better mid range game and no ACL concerns. They both have been inconsistent and don't put the same effort from game to game. But both have huge upsides and potential to be one of the top 4 or 5 players to come out of thise draft. PJ3 is the safer bet as he is more NBA ready and doesn't come with the injury concerns.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          +1

Funny thing is that both PJ3 and Miller are very similar. Long athletic players with good handles and can shoot. Guards in a forwards body. Miller has better range, but PJ3 has a better mid range game and no ACL concerns. They both have been inconsistent and don't put the same effort from game to game. But both have huge upsides and potential to be one of the top 4 or 5 players to come out of thise draft. PJ3 is the safer bet as he is more NBA ready and doesn't come with the injury concerns.
          I've seen a few Baylor games this year and 'similar' - outside of long and lean - is not a word I would use to compare PJ3 and Miller.

Comment

• I played ESPN's Draft Lottery Machine several times for kicks. Raptors mostly ended up 6-8 and were usually projected to take Cody Zeller or Thomas Robinson. All of a sudden the draft doesn't look quite so promising... I guess Hollinger hasn't heard of that JV kid that the Raptors drafted last year. I would think that if the Raptors are in the 6-8 area and can't get MKG or Barnes, they might consider slipping back a bit to pick up Beal or Miller, and maybe add another 1st round pick to look for a PG (Lillard? Kabongo? Wroten?).

Comment

• Bradley Beal is going to be in that 6-8 range
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bradley Beal is going to be in that 6-8 range
                I like Beal, but I think that Colangelo was hoping to get a more special player when he decided to tank this season. If they draft Beal, I would think that they probably need to move DeRozan. They would be too small to play together on the wing. Do they take a flyer on PJ3 if MKG and Barnes are gone? Does Miller's knee create too much concern to take him in the top 6-8? Tougher choices than it seemed several months ago. Another thought might be to take someone like Robinson to round out the front court, and perhaps move Davis for another lower draft pick to try to pick up a PG or scoring 2 or 3.

One more consideration... maybe they look to move DeRozan, draft Beal and sign WChandler to complement Beal on the wing. I tend to think that Beal has a more well-rounded game than DeRozan, but that is based on a small sample size of viewings.
                Last edited by Bouncepass; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                  I like Beal, but I think that Colangelo was hoping to get a more special player when he decided to tank this season. If they draft Beal, I would think that they probably need to move DeRozan. They would be too small to play together on the wing. Do they take a flyer on PJ3 if MKG and Barnes are gone? Does Miller's knee create too much concern to take him in the top 6-8? Tougher choices than it seemed several months ago. Another thought might be to take someone like Robinson to round out the front court, and perhaps move Davis for another lower draft pick to try to pick up a PG or scoring 2 or 3.

One more consideration... maybe they look to move DeRozan, draft Beal and sign WChandler to complement Beal on the wing. I tend to think that Beal has a more well-rounded game than DeRozan, but that is based on a small sample size of viewings.
                  I think DeMar and Beal can play with each other just fine. As we seen Casey has no problem having a small back court(not that its that small anyway, seeing that Beak 6'4" and a half). I think they would complement each other pretty good too.

I don't think that Beal is done growing anyways. He is still 18 years old. He should at the very less grow one more inch and be about 6'5" and half. Which is legit for the shooting guard position. For example of a successful similar wing pairing would be Ray Allen 6'5" and Paul Pierce 6'7".

I don't think he would get start as rookie though. I think were going to sign a vet SF next to Demar and maybe in 2 years they could start together. After Demar has gain more muscle.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DeMar is a poor rebounder at SG. It would be logical to assume he'd be even a worse rebounder against larger players. Put that along side Bargnani whom has been and adequate rebounder at best this season and you're putting a lot of pressure on Jonas to be a big time rebounder/defender in a starting line up with Beal, DeRozan, Bargnani combo.

Pierce and Allen are future HOF's.

Comment

• Callipari on MKG returning

A very good read on MKG and his comments about returning to UK.

“I’ll be with him whatever he wants to do. Obviously, if he wants to stay, I’m going to be very happy,” Calipari said. “But in the same sense, it’s too early to tell what anyone is going to do right now. He says, ‘I want to get my degree from Kentucky,’ and I agree. I want him to also. Basketball-wise, he’s got to wait until the year is out and figure out where everything is. He is a young freshman. He’s very young.”

Assuming that’s the consensus after the season, Calipari might shove Kidd-Gilchrist out the door.

“If Michael is the one pick in the draft, yes, I would wrestle him to the floor and say, ‘What are you thinking?’ ” Calipari said. “He’s got to come up with some reasons he’s coming back and convince me. Here’s why: What if he got hurt and I’m out there convincing him to come back? What if that happened? Or something happened to him that all of the sudden really hurt him and his draft-ability and his future?

“It’s hard to live with yourself, unless you’re just trying to win five more games or ‘How many games can I win before I retire?’ This is about these young people.”

Calipari did say that former UK one-and-done players such as John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe, who still spend a great deal of their down time hanging out in Lexington, often say to him, “Man, I wish I could have stayed three or four years,” and his current crop of star freshmen have said they’d like to stick around.

“But there’s opportunities that arise. Just like Bill Gates, when he said, ‘You know what? I’m done with school; I’m going to chase my dreams’ and in his case, change the world,” Calipari said. “Steve Jobs did the same thing; left school and went out and changed the world.

“You have opportunities. You’ve got to look at them and figure out what’s right.”

Source

Comment

• One of the few college coaches that can actually say/do that. It's annoying how good a recruiter Callipari is.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bradley Beal with with another impressive game against Vanderbuilt. Once again showed that his more that just a shooter. He consistently got by his man and either finished or got to the foul line. He also showed what his known for by making a couple DEEP 3s.

16Pts, 5Rebs 6/13 FG 3/6 FT
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think DeMar and Beal can play with each other just fine. As we seen Casey has no problem having a small back court(not that its that small anyway, seeing that Beak 6'4" and a half). I think they would complement each other pretty good too.

I don't think that Beal is done growing anyways. He is still 18 years old. He should at the very less grow one more inch and be about 6'5" and half. Which is legit for the shooting guard position. For example of a successful similar wing pairing would be Ray Allen 6'5" and Paul Pierce 6'7".

I don't think he would get start as rookie though. I think were going to sign a vet SF next to Demar and maybe in 2 years they could start together. After Demar has gain more muscle.
                            I'd be more interested in pairing Beal with JJ. This all totally depends on what Demar shows over the next half of the season, but if he looks like this at the end of the season ... inconsistent, passive at times ... he can be dealt on draft night.

Meanwhile, James Johnson is garnering praise for his ability to grasp the defensive schemes - having an impact on games anyway he can. The only knock is his shooting, which although improved, must be accompanied by a running mate with long distance range.

-Like Bradley Beal. Introducing he and Jonas as rookies, would be bringing in two mature young players who are ready to roll.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              I'd be more interested in pairing Beal with JJ. This all totally depends on what Demar shows over the next half of the season, but if he looks like this at the end of the season ... inconsistent, passive at times ... he can be dealt on draft night.

Meanwhile, James Johnson is garnering praise for his ability to grasp the defensive schemes - having an impact on games anyway he can. The only knock is his shooting, which although improved, must be accompanied by a running mate with long distance range.

-Like Bradley Beal. Introducing he and Jonas as rookies, would be bringing in two mature young players who are ready to roll.
                              I'm glad you agree with me on Beal but, I'm not ready to give up on DeMar. Brad Beal doesnt need to start next year. Maybe year 2 or 3. Will probably need his production off the bench with either JB or LB being gone by next year.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

A very long read on Perry Jones III. Like most people, there is a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X