No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least he's half right! lol Some so called experts aren't even that advanced!

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Who is the idiot who wrote that? Needs are SF and PF? Seriously?
      Surprisingly it was David Aldridge. I am surprised by that and usually expect more from him. Although if he truly believes Sullinger is the best player available at 8 then I can understand where he is coming from. Personally, I don't think he is the best player available at 8 and it certainly doesn't fill a need.

Comment

• By mentioning "power forward", Aldridge could be referring to a low-post scoring threat (which we most certainly don't have)...but I think I'm reaching here...

Comment

• Actually that's a good question. Is Sullinger the best talent at the 8th spot in the draft? He was widely considered a top 4 prospect in last years draft. IIIFFF hypothetically there were no concerns about his legs being different length then would he be the best talent available at 8th?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Actually that's a good question. Is Sullinger the best talent at the 8th spot in the draft? He was widely considered a top 4 prospect in last years draft. IIIFFF hypothetically there were no concerns about his legs being different length then would he be the best talent available at 8th?
            I still think he's a bit of a tweener, in the fact that he'd be an undersized PF, despite his rebounding and scoring success at the NCAA level.

It all depends what all you factor into the "Best Player Available" equation. Are you talking best player to impact your team this season? Are you talking best player as far as potential ceiling for long-term development? How much is positional need factored in to determing who the BPA is for the team that's actually picking? Similar to positional need, what about need of a specific skillset, ie: 3pt shooting, penetration, distributing, rebounding, defending, etc...?

Regardless of the definition, I really don't think Sullinger is among the best 8 players in the draft, be it overall or specifically for the Raptors.

Comment

• I don't think Sully is going to end up a terrible player, i just don't see much of a ceiling for him. Milsap maybe? If there was a stat for most shots blocked he'd definitely place in the top 5 every year. He's just too short and the different sized legs thing is a massive red flag. Him along with Henson and PJ3 are players you couldn't pay me to touch.

I do like the idea of a deep post scorer though. Unless you have a elite wing, its the best way to score at crunch time. Frankly, if you asked me who i'd rather have, Bargs or a guy like Jefferson i'd go with Jefferson 90% of the time. That's why T-Rob is so attractive to teams and Sullinger is being mocked so high.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                I don't think Sully is going to end up a terrible player, i just don't see much of a ceiling for him. Milsap maybe? If there was a stat for most shots blocked he'd definitely place in the top 5 every year. He's just too short and the different sized legs thing is a massive red flag. Him along with Henson and PJ3 are players you couldn't pay me to touch.

I do like the idea of a deep post scorer though. Unless you have a elite wing, its the best way to score at crunch time. Frankly, if you asked me who i'd rather have, Bargs or a guy like Jefferson i'd go with Jefferson 90% of the time. That's why T-Rob is so attractive to teams and Sullinger is being mocked so high.
                I really hope DeRozan significantly improves his 3pt shooting, Calderon returns to form and another outside shooter is added, all to allow Casey to force Bargnani to play more on the inside. At the start of the season, when he was at his best, Bargnani started out games playing inside a lot more than previous years, then slowly worked his way out. I felt that he returned to the form of previous years after his injury, by playing outside way too much and falling in love with the long jumpers. I do believe he could be an effective post scorer, but only if more plays are drawn up for him down low (ie: if other players can pickup the slack with the outside shooting, so Casey doesn't need to use Bargnani out there so much).

Comment

• harkless is growing on me i said i had a feeling BC would draft him and the more I think about it and the more I hear his name associated with the raps I think he would be a good fit. remeber he played the 4 in college which is not his natural position.

Comment

• Bargs was definitely most effective when he was posting up shorter players. didn't see a ton of it, though. i don't know if he can sustain doing it all season. We'll see, i guess.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• moe harkless

Comment

• terrence jones

Comment

• if im a team picking for depth i'd be all over t-jones but i dunno if im a lotto team i want him as a starting 3 or 4
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• dont sleep on this kid

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              if im a team picking for depth i'd be all over t-jones but i dunno if im a lotto team i want him as a starting 3 or 4
                              I think you summed up the #8 pick... great depth, but starters? I think that's why several teams outside the top 5/6 picks are now thinking about trading down.

Comment

• there's starters to be had at #8, or at least future starters.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X