No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the entire draft is overhyped and the actual level of talent is ho hum at best! No better than last year's draft you say? That sure bursts this threads bubble. Free agency and cap space will be more significant in that case.

Only four months to draft day.

Comment

• Are players reaching their ceiling early? Is their first year after HS it in the north American system of teaching the game? It's very difficult to learn the game on the job as it were once a physically talented player makes it to the NBA...unless of course they get a lot of playing time ala a Demar or ED. Even a super talented player like Wall has trouble being consistent. I suppose he has an excuse with his team! but he was a surefire cant miss coming out of the gate and supposed to make everyone better around him.

Comment

• Guys are generally leaving school too early, is my opinion.

But this is Chad Ford. The guy is almost as bad in terms of ego as Vecsey. Everyone is saying that this is a deep draft with tons of talent, so he's saying the opposite just to be contrary. This IS a very good draft, better than the last few years for sure.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• MKG says his going to return to UK

Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere,” Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and he’ll have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-02-25/kidd-gilchrist-says-hes-returning-to-kentucky-after-this-season
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere,” Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and he’ll have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...er-this-season
            Ouch. That hurt me, because I would be fine in taking MKG if Barnes is taken, Now we've got Barnes to go after, after that PJ3, and PJ3 is another project. It comes down to the lottery balls and where they fall, because if we have another repeat of dropping two spots lower, we may get hurt bad.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Ouch. That hurt me, because I would be fine in taking MKG if Barnes is taken, Now we've got Barnes to go after, after that PJ3, and PJ3 is another project. It comes down to the lottery balls and where they fall, because if we have another repeat of dropping two spots lower, we may get hurt bad.
              Derrick Williams said the same thing last year.

If he is still singing the same tune come April 11, I'll give it more faith.

He also said he would be graduating there. Do you really see him staying 4 full years?

This question is asked every year and it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't response.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

He also said he would be graduating there. Do you really see him staying 4 full years?

This question is asked every year and it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't response.
                I guess you're right, but I think what really will change his mind is on how his performance ranks out throughout the tournament.

Comment

Last year Tristan Thompson swore up and down that he was returning, looking forward to playing with Kabongo, etc.

Money talks.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                    Last year Tristan Thompson swore up and down that he was returning, looking forward to playing with Kabongo, etc.

Money talks.
                    It'll all pan out after the tournament.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post

Money talks.
                      Absolutely.

Comment

Don't forget about Brad Beal. He had another good game 19 Pts, 12 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk. The thing I really enjoyed about today's game is that's he went 0-4 from 3. All you ever hear about Beal is how great of a shooter he is, so it was great to see him find other ways to be productive. Got to the line 10 times made 9, 12 rebounds (4off). Pretty good for 6'4 1/2
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Don't forget about Brad Beal. He had another good game 19 Pts, 12 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk. The thing I really enjoyed about today's game is that's he went 0-4 from 3. All you ever hear about Beal is how great of a shooter he is, so it was great to see him find other ways to be productive. Got to the line 10 times made 9, 12 rebounds (4off). Pretty good for 6'4 1/2
                          I like his game, and his weaknesses mentioned about him being a settler for jumpshots...

Only problem is he's a shooting guard. Main focus is the Small Forward, and point guard.

Comment

I like his game, and his weaknesses mentioned about him being a settler for jumpshots...

Only problem is he's a shooting guard. Main focus is the Small Forward, and point guard.
                            I think that the reason Casey wants DeMar to gain weight is to he can play the 3. I think going to sign a three this summer but were definately but were definately lose one of Calderon, Bayless, Barbosa this trade deadline or summer. Will need guard help
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Absolutely.
                              Based upon where he is drafted and what he has shown this year, I think Tigger made the right decision.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                                Based upon where he is drafted and what he has shown this year, I think Tigger made the right decision.
                                Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X