2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Stuck record but we need/I want a solid shooter so my list right now continues to be HBarnes/QMiller/JLamb/BBeal. I will admit however I don't know Beal's game very well though.
    He reminds me of Eric Gordon, but with a better handle. He's a fantastic shooter but what gets lost in it all is he's a very good defender and doesn't actually settle for jumpers. He's thrown down some mean dunks.

Florida would be doing a lot better if they ran more of their offense through him.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• All four players are going to be good players in the league, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them. Personally I'd flip MKG in for Barnes but that's just me.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• question is will MKG or Barnes be able to take that next step to become all stars. I'm confident that Miller has that. He also has the " Killer mentality" that this team is lacking. He won't be afraid to demand the ball in crunch time.

Comment

• Yeah, definitely a underrated trait amongst players. It seperates the great from the good.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• thats why i really want him on this team. If he brings that confidence and swagger every game it will kind of rub off on guys like Ed and DeMar to start playing confidently and not worry about anything else. He could be a game changer and franchise center piece for all we know.

Comment

• Would the fact that Quincy Miller tore his ACL factor into where you take him in the draft?

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                Would the fact that Quincy Miller tore his ACL factor into where you take him in the draft?
                Yes - both positively and negatively.

Negative perspective would have you worrying about re-injury.

Positive perspective would have you thinking he is going to get better as he continues rehab and strengthening.

Obviously he would be thoroughly examined. The thing he has going for him in terms of rehabilitation is it happened when he was still very young.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Yes - both positively and negatively.

Negative perspective would have you worrying about re-injury.

Positive perspective would have you thinking he is going to get better as he continues rehab and strengthening.

Obviously he would be thoroughly examined. The thing he has going for him in terms of rehabilitation is it happened when he was still very young.
                  Good points. I saw an article in SI where a couple of scouts thought that he might be better off staying in school this year to improve his strength and get back his explosiveness. That suggests to me that he might be a stretch to pick up if you have a top 5-6 pick, but might be a great pick later in the lottery. Some interesting decisions for Mr. Colangelo at this year's draft, I think.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    thats why i really want him on this team. If he brings that confidence and swagger every game it will kind of rub off on guys like Ed and DeMar to start playing confidently and not worry about anything else. He could be a game changer and franchise center piece for all we know.
                    Kemba Walker had that confidence/swagger last season, but it hasn't really been a factor in his game this season (so far). I realize we're only at the halfway point of his rookie season, but I'm just saying...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Kemba Walker had that confidence/swagger last season, but it hasn't really been a factor in his game this season (so far). I realize we're only at the halfway point of his rookie season, but I'm just saying...
                      Well his team is complete garbage he is the only guy with upside.

Comment

• Haven't seen any bobcats games but I read in a couple things Kemba's been playing well of late
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Haven't seen any bobcats games but I read in a couple things Kemba's been playing well of late
                          Augustin recently missed 11 games. That opened the door for Kemba to step up. Still shooting horrible percentages though.

Comment

• DraftExpress: NBA Draft Prospect of the Week

A good read.

Everyone knows about his defense. His offense is a work in progress but here is the money shot on his O:

What we must remember is that Davis is still only 18 years old at this stage (19 in March) and was a complete unknown up until less than two years ago, when he was “discovered” in the summer of 2010. Growing eight inches in eighteen months is pretty much unprecedented, so it makes sense that Davis is still figuring things out offensively and learning how to be more physical. It also makes his upside that much higher, because even in his current “limited' state, he leads the NCAA in PER.
                            Source: DraftExpress.com

Comment

• Kind of a long interview but, really shows what kind of characters Damian Lillard has. After watching this I have no doubt that he is going to rise up the draft boards. The only knock on his game game is that he plays against weaker competition but, with player like Jeremy Lin and Norris Cole(Who also played in weak conferences) succeeding in the NBA sure helps is case. His dominating the competition too and doing really efficient
                              MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL TO PTS

34.1 7.3-15.2 .480 3.2-7.0 .454 7.0-7.9 .889 5.2 3.8 0.2 1.4 2.2 24.8

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Feb 17, 2012, 06:51 AM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Good news for the Raptors pursuit of more lottery balls:

New Jersey Nets center Brook Lopez said he is ready to return to the lineup.

After working out prior to Thursday’s game against the Indiana Pacers, Lopez said he felt like he could play.

Lopez has yet to play this season after suffering a stress fracture in his foot during a preseason game. He underwent surgery two days before Christmas and was expected to be sidelined for six to eight weeks.

The skilled 7-footer said he had no idea when the Nets will give him the OK to return to the court.

“I ask every day,” he said. “They just, pretty much just shake their heads and walk away.”

Lopez led the Nets in scoring last season, averaging 20.4 points and 6.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nets-c-lop...-ready-to-play

Toronto of course has 9 wins. Detroit (9 wins) has also been playing much better of late, Washington (7 wins) too.

Charlotte looks to be the doormat of the league with just 3 wins. Tonight's game will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X