2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    If the Lowry trade went down, and we got #16, then I'd like to take a flyer on Q. Miller. I don't think the Raps ever worked him out, so it might be a long shot. We need a star, but at 16 we are most likely not going to get one. So I'd go for a guy who has the most potential of becoming one - and Miller seems like the guy that will have the most potential at that spot.
    Kawahi Leonard was picked at 15. Its who you pick and how he is developed. But then again
    having to play with the Spurs and get coached by Popovich doesnt hurt either.

Comment

• I'd say Harkless compared to Leonard pretty fairly
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• #NBADraft continued: Dion Waiters, Doron Lamb, Andre Drummond, Austin Rivers, John Henson, Meyers Leonard.
        Surely they mean Jeremy Lamb...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          At the 1:07 mark he mentions he worked out for Toronto?

One more thing DX has Houston picking Moe Harkless with their #16 and Drummond, Henson(too players that Houston is high) still on the board

Also Green room invites are out
          Seems like they have the wrong Lamb...unless Doron got a recent boost.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Is anyone else a little disappointed in the lack of second round players brought in for workouts, much less the ones being worked out? Outside of Sacre and Joseph maybe Taylor none of them are guys i'd ever look at, personally. Where's guys like Lamb, Barton, Machado, Cunningham or Jenkins? The reality is we could get a solid contributor with that first second rounder, i'm not sure why they're not doing more to look into it.

/end rant
            Lang Greene: The Toronto Raptors are working out Tu Holloway (Xavier), Robbie Hummel (Purdue) and Negueba Samake (Mali) this morning.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              fine yeah, even better, we get MKG!
              Not to burst your bubble Ceez, but I don't think picking the best player available is a line of thinking soleley used by Toronto. If it's between MKG, Lillard and Waiters someone is going to pick MKG regardless of need.

Comment

• More food for thought from thestar:

The impending arrival of Valanciunas has to be playing into Toronto’s preparation for Thursday’s NBA draft.

Stefanski reiterated a commonly held opinion that Valanciunas would be the consensus No. 2 pick this year behind Kentucky’s Anthony Davis and adding Valanciunas to the roster might allow Toronto to take someone at No. 8 who is a longer-term prospect rather than someone who can contribute right away.

“To take a flyer?” wondered Stefanski. “I don’t know at eight there is a flyer. I think all the names we are considering, and we have a list of them, there’s no one there I would consider a flyer because I don’t think anyone in that range is a flyer right now.”

But it might be easier to take someone with potential because they expect they’ll already have a rookie who can help.
                So who in the 8 range would you guys consider more of a project than the others? I would say that Lillard would be out.
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

• http://www.nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-5

It's assumed that Portland will likely take Drummond (at 6) if he falls out of the top 5. But the Blazers are also extremely high on Damian Lillard and may not want to take the gamble that he's still available at 11.

Golden State would like to shore up their SF position. One option would be to trade to the late lottery area to target either Terrence Ross or Moe Harkless. Another rumor is that they are looking to add a veteren SF with their 7th pick with Luol Deng's name getting a lot of run. But the Bulls assured Deng he wasn't going anywhere according to Yahoo.

f Jeremy Lamb doesn't go 8 to Toronto as some expect, there are rumors that he could really slide on draft night. Teams apparently are more than just a little bit worried about his shoulder, which David Aldridge first reported on. The injury that doctors have flagged is to his right shooting shoulder and there is concern that it could recur during his career. One team we spoke with said they felt he could slide right out of the lottery and into the teens. We consider Lamb to be the SG prospect with the most long term potential. But this shoulder injury combined with his ankle injury and inability to work out for teams before today (Portland) could cost him on draft night.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Rivers at 8th to the raps

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                      More food for thought from thestar:

So who in the 8 range would you guys consider more of a project than the others? I would say that Lillard would be out.
                      That's scary cause Drummond and Perry Jones seem like the biggest project in this range.
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 25, 2012, 08:32 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                        That's interesting seeing that's like the third time his changed are selection today. I also think that Austin Rivers could also fall under that project label.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Raps are saying its unlikely they deal the pick now, meaning the pick will be traded most definitely.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• For those that care, the new nbadraft.net mock has MKG going #7 to Golden State #ceezonsuicidewatch

Comment

• I wouldn't be mad with Rivers coming to us. Good size, scorer, quick, good bloodlines, smart, confident, clutch, alpha kind of player. Him and Waiters are neck and neck.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't be mad with Rivers coming to us. Good size, scorer, quick, good bloodlines, smart, confident, clutch, alpha kind of player. Him and Waiters are neck and neck.
                                would not mind rivers at all. for me he is ahead of waiters

Comment

Working...
                                X