Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Lillard over Marshall, personally.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if we pick 8th, 9th or 10th I would want PJ3, or Lamb. The only way I would pick Marshall is if we trade down to get both of the Jazz's picks (GS's top 7 protected and their pick 12-14). I would select Marshall at 14th-17th. He's not worth any higher IMO

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    if we pick 8th, 9th or 10th I would want PJ3, or Lamb. The only way I would pick Marshall is if we trade down to get both of the Jazz's picks (GS's top 7 protected and their pick 12-14). I would select Marshall at 14th-17th. He's not worth any higher IMO
    Yeah, I think I would rather set my sights on a PG via trade/free agency (Nash, Jennings, Holiday) than go after Lillard or Marshall.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

if we're picking low, why no love for t Jones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Probably because of his [alleged] attitude problems, and lack of motor.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

If we're picking at 8 or 9, might as well go for the homerun and try PJ3. If there's any coach that can get the most out of Jones III it's Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Probably because of his [alleged] attitude problems, and lack of motor.
    How come people are down on Terrence Jones but high on Perry Jones? At least Terrence Jones shows that he can be passionate and has fire.

As for Lillard, if I wanted Rodney Stuckey, I'd just go out and acquire the guy. He's a combo guard, not a real point guard, which personally, I'd rather not have. But that's just me.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrence jones is a duplicate of James Johnson, cept JJ is a better ball handler and possesses an improved jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

PJ3 is long and freakishly athletic he has all the tools to be an all star 3 except apparently the "Motor". I agree with what aj360 said, Dwane Casey could get the most out of PJ3 and possibly help him become a great defender as well.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of trading down for Marshall at picks#14-16. He is the perfect backup for Calderon with his passing skills, efficiency, defense and size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    PJ3 is long and freakishly athletic he has all the tools to be an all star 3 except apparently the "Motor". I agree with what aj360 said, Dwane Casey could get the most out of PJ3 and possibly help him become a great defender as well.
    Even if we end up picking 6th, I would seriously consider PJ3 over Barnes.

Post Thanks / Like

I want no part of Charlie Villanueva, version 2.

Post Thanks / Like

guys seriously, BC and Casey aren't going to draft PJ3. drop it.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    He's not just missing a 'motor'. He's missing basketball IQ and he's content on being passive and inconsistent. Those are big negatives in my mind.
    I know Dwane Casey is a good coach, but he's not a miracle worker. He won't take time to babysit and spoon feed Jones III

Post Thanks / Like

as for Lillard, i like him. he was a top 5 dude last year, just didn't receive the attention cause he was on such a awful team. i'm not saying he's not more of a scorer than a distributor but i think a lot of it has to do with the guys around him, specifically, being shitty. he's extremely confident, fast, has no problem scoring and can defend. i think he's a good fit, even if he comes off the bench for a year or 2. the age of pass-first PG's is over, anyways.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    I actually like T. Jones more than most on the Raps boards seem to. I definitely don't see the JJ comparisons. T. Jones has much better upside, size/length and offensive skill. Also, T. Jones is younger now than JJ was when he started college ball. I'm always wary of older players that do well in college. A lot of times it exaggerates their quality. Another example is Wes Johnson (Wolves). He was 23 when drafted. No wonder he did okay in college.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of a site that does a value (in points) evaluation of each NBA draft pick as is done in the NFL....which is used to approximate exchange values when teams want to trade down. eg...Pick 7 = pick 10 + pick 15

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I actually like T. Jones more than most on the Raps boards seem to. I definitely don't see the JJ comparisons. T. Jones has much better upside, size/length and offensive skill. Also, T. Jones is younger now than JJ was when he started college ball. I'm always wary of older players that do well in college. A lot of times it exaggerates their quality. Another example is Wes Johnson (Wolves). He was 23 when drafted. No wonder he did okay in college.
    I agree. I have mentioned him before as a 10 onwards choice. The only caveat is his supposed lackadaisical attitude sometimes which he didnt show in the tournament of course. He could be a more skilled version of Ivan Johnson on the Hawks (who is a beast).

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    the age of pass-first PG's is over, anyways.

Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard dislike this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I want no part of Charlie Villanueva, version 2.
    Not even close.

Thread Information