No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC won't be drafting 2 first rounders. They've already stated they don't want to have 3 rookies next season.

What happened to all the Qunicy Miller talk btw?? haha

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      BC won't be drafting 2 first rounders. They've already stated they don't want to have 3 rookies next season.

ahh there's no way we draft him. He's out of our range, and where did you hear that BC said that? i don't believe that give me a link or a quote

Comment

BC won't be drafting 2 first rounders. They've already stated they don't want to have 3 rookies next season.

I have read quotes out of Cleveland and Portland that neither team is interested in using their four picks (2 first, 2 seconds each) this year but would be looking to potentially package them. Like NoPropsneeded I have not read anything out of Toronto saying that they would not be willing to have three rookies on the roster next year.

I think that assumption has been made on these forums based on BC saying they intend to hit the ground running in 2012. I don't put it out of the question that they try to acquire another pick, or that one of the second rounders could make the team.

We will certainly have Valanciunas, and odds are we will be using our own pick (unless we get blown away), and I think our second round pick could add a potential piece. Fab Melo could slide (nothing special, but a potential resource) or an undervalued PG such as Scott Machado.

If you have a link, I too would love to see when/where the Raptors said they were unwilling to have 3 rookies next year.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I do not have the link, but I do remember seeing an article where they said that.
          What we need to remember is that anything can happen, and that everything that is said can potentially be smoke and mirrors.
          Just becuase they said that, does not mean it is true.

Comment

• Calderon/Marshall/Uzoh(if we sign him long term)
            DeRozan/Forbes
            MKG/JJ/Kleiza
            Bargs/Ed/Kleiza
            JV/Gray/Magloire

With that we make the playoffs and the young guys get some playoff experience. Marshall gets some mentoring from jose, MKG develops his offense and establishes himself as a defensive presence, And JV develops him post game and begins establishing himself as a top C
            Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Thu Mar 29, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              We go MKG and Marshall this draft
              That is my ideal Raptors 2012 draft right there. I wouldn't be too upset with Beal instead of MKG either.

C: Valanciunas, ?
              PF: Bargnani, Davis/Amir, Kleiza
              SF: MKG, JJ, Kleiza
              SG: DeRozan, Forbes
              PG: Calderon, Marshall

- I assume some combination of both 2nd round picks, either Amir/Davis and possibly a future 1
              st round pick would be used to get the 2nd lottery pick this year

+ add another free agent, possibly a SG that would push DeRozan to the bench
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Mar 29, 2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                That is my ideal Raptors 2012 draft right there. I wouldn't be too upset with Beal instead of MKG either.
                i dead set on those 2 BC better not disappoint

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                  I have read quotes out of Cleveland and Portland that neither team is interested in using their four picks (2 first, 2 seconds each) this year but would be looking to potentially package them. Like NoPropsneeded I have not read anything out of Toronto saying that they would not be willing to have three rookies on the roster next year.
                  I wonder what value DeRozan and either Davis/Amir have to the teams willing to trade a lottery pick. We know one of Amir/Davis have to go and DeRozan could potentially be replaced by a free agent (*cough* Batum or Mayo *cough*). I would be happy to trade one or both players, along with our 2nd round picks and possibly even a future lottery-protected 1st round pick for another high lottery pick this year, if it meant we could draft MKG/Beal AND Marshall.

Comment

• yeah BC or Casey def said they didn't need any more youth on the team and it'll be hard already with two rookies (probably) starting next year. it was a month or two back.

that said, i don't think they'd object to having a guy like Marshall come off the bench.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      i dead set on those 2 BC better not disappoint
                      i agree with you and calgary but yeah i don't see us getting both if either. we'll probably end up with Barnes.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Henson, Marshall, and Barnes all declare from UNC

Henson, Marshall, and Barnes all declare from UNC. Zeller of course is a senior.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ll-enter-draft

Comment

• I agree that we will only have 2 rookies. I also think that either the starting PG(Steve Nash) or SF(AK47) will be settled before July 1st. BryCo traded LB to make a move b4 July 1st or else that trade was just pointless. Than again this is just my IMO.

Back to Andre Drummond If we're even think about picking a big(AD off the board) than we have to go with the one with the highest ceiling.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I agree that we will only have 2 rookies. I also think that either the starting PG(Steve Nash) or SF(AK47) will be settled before July 1st. BryCo traded LB to make a move b4 July 1st or else that trade was just pointless. Than again this is just my IMO.

Back to Andre Drummond If we're even think about picking a big(AD off the board) than we have to go with the one with the highest ceiling.
                            i would really stay clear of drummond. of the top picks he has bust written the largest to me. if drummond is up then robinson might still be up. there are others with as much potential at other positions. i would take lamb before drummond. with luck a team more desperate for a high reward player takes him first and the decision isn't on us.

imagine the fallout bc would take, even on this board, if he took drummond and it didn't pan out. if he doesn't take drummond it's a situation we liked him but felt he wasn't the right fit for our team.

to me drummond is the guy you draft the first year of your rebuild and let him grow and you hope it works. not when you need an influx of talent onto a team to get to the next level.

Comment

UNC announced Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes, and John Henson will be entering the NBA draft.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ll-enter-draft
                              John Henson is in the top 10 - 15 on a lot of mock drafts. His game is similar to Ed Davis, but seems like he has a better motor. Anyone consider him and upgrade over Ed?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I agree that we will only have 2 rookies. I also think that either the starting PG(Steve Nash) or SF(AK47) will be settled before July 1st. BryCo traded LB to make a move b4 July 1st or else that trade was just pointless. Than again this is just my IMO.

Is there a difference between higher ceiling and Best player available? If there is, the Raptors would want to take the best player available, and that is not Drummond if we're looking for a big after Davis.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X