Page 136 of 238 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

This game would probably make a lot more sense when we know where we're drafting but nonsensical is how i roll, baby.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I'm half and half with Waiters. His wingspan really concerns me.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    This is probably too early to do this but im way too excited so i propose a little game type dealie.

Pine for, want, hate.

Basically, pine for = players that will probably be too high to draft, but really want.
    Want = most likely to be in our range and want BC to draft
    Hate = most likely to be in our range and want BC to stay the hell away from

so, for mine

Pine: Davis, Beal, MKG
    Want: Lamb, Lillard, Harkless, Rivers, Waiters
    Hate: Henson, Sullinger, PJ3, Ross, Barnes
    I pretty much agree with this list. My only quibble is that I am not yet sure whether to put PJ3 on the Hate list, or just leave him off all three lists. I am a bit ambivalent. A few on the Want list are probably better for trading down, since you could probably pick up two or three of them several slots lower than 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Pine: Davis, T-Rob, Drummond, MKG
    Want: nobody
    Hate: everyone else

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some rumours that Houston is looking to package #14 and #16 to move up. Would you like the Raptors to consider this?

The group of players that might be available in the 14-16 range include:

Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters, Moe Harkless, Terrence Ross, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, Damian Lillard (seems like a real long-shot in that range).

Post Thanks / Like

Wroten only really semi interests me as a SG

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Some rumours that Houston is looking to package #14 and #16 to move up. Would you like the Raptors to consider this?

Kendall Marshall, Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters, Moe Harkless, Terrence Ross, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, Damian Lillard (seems like a real long-shot in that range).
    Absolutely I have said so elsewhere here. Marshall and a wing you mention except Rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

If Lamb slipped, absolutely!

Select one of Lamb and Ross.

Select one of Harkless and Miller.

I'd be very happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry and their earliest pick for our pick

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a source for this? I have not seen it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Heard Boston and Houston trying to package and move up. RT @VonZeiter: What team's are willing to trade their first round pick(s)? #dxchat about 15 hours ago

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1w2tSZtEa
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    I think a couple of places, but here is a link... DX

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Also, a blogger's speculation, citing the DX tweet. FWIW

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why everyone is all of a sudden fawning over Dion Waiters. Apparently the guy doesn't play a lick of defense. Players like him can be found everywhere - a purely scoring SG - and he's small for his position.

Meanwhile, Terrence Ross gets all kinds of neglect. Ross can shoot from anywhere and plays defense like it matters. He's also more athletic and can play both the 2 and 3.

Someone explain why Waiters but not Ross.
    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Sun May 27th, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is all of a sudden fawning over Dion Waiters. Apparently the guy doesn't play a lick of defense. Players like him can be found everywhere - a purely scoring SG - and he's small for his position.

Meanwhile, Terrence Ross gets all kinds of neglect. Ross can shoot from anywhere and plays defense like it matters. He's also more athletic and can play both the 2 and 3.

Wondering the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ceez, as for your game I know how you roll, and I am gonna wait until lottery time and still probably put a few lists together since it makes a difference if we trade Demar as to what SF or wing I would want.

However, Pine: ADavis and BBeal. That's it for there.
    Oh what the hell:
    Want (some of these are if we trade down and in no particular order): Barnes (keeping Demar), KMarshall, TRoss, MHarkless, MKG (only if trading Demar)
    On the fence: DLillard, JLamb
    Stay away from: PJones,

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post

Totally agree... I like Ross. I am thinking the one thing Waiters might have over Ross is swagger, and it may just be cockiness. Here is Ross' Swishscout profile:

Does Well:
    - Explosive athlete, outstanding vertical leap, great end-to-end speed, quick first step and burst, superb body control and contortion around the rim
    - Midrange marksman with great depth out to NBA 3-point range, great off ball player and spot up shooter coming off screens, always squared and ready to shoot, high release point
    - Can create his own shot off the dribble, ability to set up for jumper or attack rim, nice crossover and step back dribble for jumper (16.4 pt. per as soph.)
    - Excellent passer and distributor, exceptional court vision, unselfish player, trusted entry passer into post and for off ball shooters, can set up plays
    - Defensive presence, has length, athleticism, instincts and lateral quickness to be a high level perimeter defender, play maker in passing lanes, contests shots well
    - Natural feel for the game, high basketball IQ, good decision maker, versatile, assertive play maker, active rebounder (6.4 reb. per)

Must Improve:
    - Frail frame in need of strength, 5-10 pounds of muscle to fill out body, struggles to finish through contact
    - Streak shooter, can get very hot/cold from 3-point range, tendency to force some poor shots driving the lane
    - Can become too hesitant to isolate, doesn’t need ball to be effective but becomes confined to being a spot up threat

Here is Waiter's

Does Well:
    - Compact build, stout build and natural strength, mature body filled in with muscle, can handle contact and finish through it
    - Quick first step, ability to penetrate and finish, straight-line driver with an excellent burst, acceleration, swift turning the corner on pick and roll
    - Improved deep ball shooter with NBA 3-point range, excellent spot up shooter, respectable midrange game and tear drop floater through the lane, very confident, efficient (impressive 26.3 player efficiency rating)
    - Ability to set up others, good “drive and kick” passer with court vision, unselfish, secondary ball handler (4.1 ast. per 40 min.)
    - Dynamic scoring threat who can put up points in spurts, aggressive, versatility with the ball, excellent at creating separation off the dribble and quickness with the ball, can get to the rack, pull up from midrange or spot up from three (21 pt. per 40 min.)

Must Improve:
    - “Combo Guard,” doesn’t have true point guard skills to play the one full time nor the ideal physical make up to play the two, team ends up watching him with the ball in his hands
    - Undersized at 6’4” playing off ball at his natural position on the perimeter, couple inches under ideal size for a SG but should okay with skill set
    - Defensive effort is subpar and interest is limited, was fairly marginal in zone defense outside of playing pass lanes for Syracuse, can get overaggressive on D, not consistently in position and focused on rotations or challenging shots
    - Tendency to shoot off balance from the perimeter, kicks out feet and flails on them on release, jumps really high on shot, needs to be more consistent and uniform with shot to improve consistency
    - Has an attitude and is very emotional on the court, can look visibly discouraged, had issues with Syracuse coaching staff and weight problems off court as freshman

Ross is being compared to players like: Jason Richardson, Eddie Jones, DeMar DeRozan, J.R. Smith
    Waiters is being compared to players like: Randy Foye, Deshawn Stevenson, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Thornton

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Supposedly he measured at 6'4.5" in shoes last year at Nike Hoops Summit.

Supposedly he grew an inch in the last year.

Supposedly will be confirmed at NBA Draft Combine.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For Your Consideration...

Terrence Ross

Single Game highlights, shows off much of his game: athletic shot creator who can shoot and is active on D.

Compilation which starts off showing mostly his 3pt abilities. What I take from these is that he's fearless taking the 3. Video gets more diverse as it progresses.

Jump to 3:15: Patient and confident with a live dribble.
    Jump to 5:00 to watch him take it to Harrison Barnes. Repeatedly.

I see this guy being real good, and he's an absolutely perfect fit on the Raptors. Regardless of what all the mocks say, I'd have no problem with the team drafting him at 8. Obviously they could trade down for him, but you get my point. And the above 2 videos don't really show his defense at all, which is one of his strengths.

Page 136 of 238 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast

Thread Information