2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    PJ3 is long and freakishly athletic he has all the tools to be an all star 3 except apparently the "Motor". I agree with what aj360 said, Dwane Casey could get the most out of PJ3 and possibly help him become a great defender as well.
    Even if we end up picking 6th, I would seriously consider PJ3 over Barnes.

Comment

• I want no part of Charlie Villanueva, version 2.

Comment

• guys seriously, BC and Casey aren't going to draft PJ3. drop it.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

PJ3 is long and freakishly athletic he has all the tools to be an all star 3 except apparently the "Motor". I agree with what aj360 said, Dwane Casey could get the most out of PJ3 and possibly help him become a great defender as well.
          He's not just missing a 'motor'. He's missing basketball IQ and he's content on being passive and inconsistent. Those are big negatives in my mind.
          I know Dwane Casey is a good coach, but he's not a miracle worker. He won't take time to babysit and spoon feed Jones III

Comment

• as for Lillard, i like him. he was a top 5 dude last year, just didn't receive the attention cause he was on such a awful team. i'm not saying he's not more of a scorer than a distributor but i think a lot of it has to do with the guys around him, specifically, being shitty. he's extremely confident, fast, has no problem scoring and can defend. i think he's a good fit, even if he comes off the bench for a year or 2. the age of pass-first PG's is over, anyways.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              if we're picking low, why no love for t Jones?
              I actually like T. Jones more than most on the Raps boards seem to. I definitely don't see the JJ comparisons. T. Jones has much better upside, size/length and offensive skill. Also, T. Jones is younger now than JJ was when he started college ball. I'm always wary of older players that do well in college. A lot of times it exaggerates their quality. Another example is Wes Johnson (Wolves). He was 23 when drafted. No wonder he did okay in college.

Comment

• Does anyone know of a site that does a value (in points) evaluation of each NBA draft pick as is done in the NFL....which is used to approximate exchange values when teams want to trade down. eg...Pick 7 = pick 10 + pick 15

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                  I actually like T. Jones more than most on the Raps boards seem to. I definitely don't see the JJ comparisons. T. Jones has much better upside, size/length and offensive skill. Also, T. Jones is younger now than JJ was when he started college ball. I'm always wary of older players that do well in college. A lot of times it exaggerates their quality. Another example is Wes Johnson (Wolves). He was 23 when drafted. No wonder he did okay in college.
                  I agree. I have mentioned him before as a 10 onwards choice. The only caveat is his supposed lackadaisical attitude sometimes which he didnt show in the tournament of course. He could be a more skilled version of Ivan Johnson on the Hawks (who is a beast).

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    the age of pass-first PG's is over, anyways.

Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard dislike this

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I want no part of Charlie Villanueva, version 2.
                      Not even close.

Comment

guys seriously, BC and Casey aren't going to draft PJ3. drop it.
                        How do you know? Are you Ed Stafanski in disguise.

Comment

as for Lillard, i like him. he was a top 5 dude last year, just didn't receive the attention cause he was on such a awful team. i'm not saying he's not more of a scorer than a distributor but i think a lot of it has to do with the guys around him, specifically, being shitty. he's extremely confident, fast, has no problem scoring and can defend. i think he's a good fit, even if he comes off the bench for a year or 2. the age of pass-first PG's is over, anyways.
                          Coming from the guy who hates Jerryd Bayless. JB is basically the same this as this guy except he is a more accomplished scorer and he is bigger and stronger. I find it funny how you rip on JB for apparently not being able to run the offense even though he averages like 8 assists when he's started but then you want to draft this kid.

Comment

How do you know? Are you Ed Stafanski in disguise.
                            Didn't both Casey and Colangelo talk about acquiring guys who have high motors? If that's the case, I wouldn't completely 100% rule out Jones, but I'm not sure if they want to be that team that takes the risk.

Comment

Not even close.
                              Oh really? Do explain. Villanueva was the same type of player. He was highly touted coming out of college, had a ridiculous skillset, was compared to Lamar Odom (in early mocks, Jones III was compared to Odom as well), 6'10"-6'11, some say he was suited to play the 3, some say he was suited to play the 4. His motor, basketball IQ, maturity (on the court) and drive/desire was always in question. Now look where Charlie V is now. So please tell me how Perry Jones is different.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Oh really? Do explain. Villanueva was the same type of player. He was highly touted coming out of college, had a ridiculous skillset, was compared to Lamar Odom (in early mocks, Jones III was compared to Odom as well), 6'10"-6'11, some say he was suited to play the 3, some say he was suited to play the 4. His motor, basketball IQ, maturity (on the court) and drive/desire was always in question. Now look where Charlie V is now. So please tell me how Perry Jones is different.
                                Perry Jones is more athletic than charlie V. Also in college he was forced to play inside more than CV and his teammates never got him the ball where he wanted. PJ3 doesn't really have a maturity problem and I'm not so sure about motor or IQ either. He was forced to play in the post at Baylor and i don't think that is really where he belongs. He is a much better ball handler than CV and arguably more mobile and quick. Many players coming out of college have been accused of not having a high motor, look at demarcus cousins. He was criticized of not having a motor and a passion for the game. Look at him now, probably one of the most Talented young bigman in the league who can put up double double in his sleep, the only problem with him is maturity. A change of scenery and maybe the hype of coming to the NBA could give PJ3 a wake up call.

What about Sullinger? to me he looks like Glen Davis 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X