Page 152 of 238 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

I like Waiters as a sixth man. Dude is just a bulldog who can come off the bench guns blazing.
    I like Lillard as our Pg of the future. Its become a PG driven league and i love the dude.
    I like Harkless as a developmental player who can come in and defend/hit open shots right away. Ive read a few sources saying Harkless will probably be one of the top 5 players 3 or 4 years down the road. For now though, he's already a nba quality defender and thats what we need a lot of.
    I like Ross and Lamb a lot too as starting SG's.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    It seems that there are two or three prospects who might wow a team selecting very high (above the Raptors), which would shake up the lottery and shake loose a desirable prospect for the Raptors. For example, if Lamb and PJ3 both jumped up into the top 7, Barnes or Beal might actually be available. I think that there is enough unpredictability in the draft this year that it might be wise to hang onto #8 until draft day and see what falls out before looking to trade.
    I agree right now I could really see Beal falling to us. I've heard that Cavs are really interested with Barnes and Lamb. If Beal doesn't go 4th I don't see Kings(too many guards), Blazers(really need a PG) and Warriors(really high on Klay Thompson) picking him up. Even though I would prefer Lamb over Beal.

No. 4: Cleveland Cavaliers
    Jeremy Lamb, Connecticut Huskies
    Put Lamb in the backcourt with defending rookie of the year Kyrie Irving and the Cavaliers have solved a major problem for the next decade. Lamb's positional size, scoring ability and high ceiling make him a great fit for a rebuilding franchise.

While Lamb, who is younger than Irving, can certainly improve his strength, the notion that he is a soft player is foolish.

He showed his toughness in the NCAA tournament his freshman season. Despite Kemba Walker's brilliance all season, there would have been no NCAA title for the Huskies in 2011 without Lamb's heroics. His clutch shooting bailed the Huskies out even when Walker went ice cold in games against Arizona and Butler.

This season, on a chaotic Huskies team, Lamb averaged 17 points per game. And while he struggled at times with his consistency from 3-point range, he shot a blistering 60 percent inside the arc. He learned to make plays for himself off the dribble this season and his movement without the ball has always been Ray Allen-like.

Right now, Florida's Bradley Beal is the direction in which the herd is being pulled, and he is certainly a lottery pick. But if it were up to me, I'd take Lamb. In a draft full of questions, outside of Davis, the Cavs' decision about who they should partner Irving with could have an impact on the team for a decade. I think Lamb will be a star.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...top-draft-fits

• The Cavaliers were really hoping to get either Kidd-Gilchrist or Beal from this draft. Given our current mock, both players are off the board. We currently have the Cavs grabbing Barnes at No. 4. The Cavs had actually been hoping that Barnes would be in the draft last year and sources say they would have grabbed him at No. 4. Do they still love him after a disappointing sophomore season? Are they willing to roll the dice on Drummond instead? I hear Jeremy Lamb isn't out of the question here either.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...s-top-10-picks
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it all depends on how well PJ3 does at our workout. It all depends on whether the Raptors front office and coaching staff like him and see that he can become a great player. If BC believes that he can be good and Dwane Casey is the right coach for him then i trust his judgement. I just don't want us passing on him and then another team to pick him and end up regretting it.

Post Thanks / Like

He can do all he wants in his workout - when he doesn't play as hard and coasts through his games, it means that he's cheating his team. He's disrespecting his team. You don't decide just not to play in college and then decide to play in the pros. I seriously hope Colangelo stays far, far away from him. All that glitters isn't gold.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I go for Barnes, Lamb, and Terrence Jones, in that order if they are available.

Though I would rather see us trade the pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the raptors need to go with a PG in this draft. It's Calderon last year and it would be a good year of mentoring. The PG crop doesn't get any better next year. I don't care which one it is(Even though I favor Lillard). Who ever management feels comfortable about with id be find. This search for the PG of the future needs to end this summer!
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter:

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Huge Hornets workout today in New Orleans: Rivers, Lamb, Ross, Zeller, Henson, Leonard, Moultrie, T. Jones all there http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...egin_work.html

Big workout today for those SG's. I'd love to be in that gym this afternoon!

Post Thanks / Like

can't wait to read about this one
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via Twitter:

Big workout today for those SG's. I'd love to be in that gym this afternoon!
    Ditto

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be excited about Perry Jones, high risk high potential player. Dwane Casey will push the guy to his level. If he can get under Bargnani to play better defense and rebound, he sure as hell can get under a young rookie.

I'm on the LAMBwagon otherwise, and Austin Rivers seems like a good fit to me.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Golden State is going to make things difficult for BC...

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo is keeping his options open as far as keeping or trading his No. 8 overall selection is concerned.

Complicating a potential dealing of the pick for Colangelo is the fact that the team picking just ahead of the Raptors — the Golden State Warriors — also intend to explore moving the selection for a veteran.

The rumour mill has the Warriors coveting several players the Raptors will consider going after, including Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/31...ry-wasnt-fixed

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i heard that too. Like i've said before, if it's not for Rudy, i have no interest in trading the pick, so if GS trades for him sit tight and draft away.

i will be royally annoyed if they flip the pick for Granger or Igoudala.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo is keeping his options open as far as keeping or trading his No. 8 overall selection is concerned.

Complicating a potential dealing of the pick for Colangelo is the fact that the team picking just ahead of the Raptors — the Golden State Warriors — also intend to explore moving the selection for a veteran.

The rumour mill has the Warriors coveting several players the Raptors will consider going after, including Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

The one benefit for the Raptors is the cap space they have, meaning less money would need to go back to the other team. Also, short of Curry and Thompson, what decent, reasonably priced assets does Golden State have? The only other player they have under contract for less than $9M that might be attractive is Wright (expiring). Toronto has DeRozan, JJ, Amir/Davis all being decent, young players making $6M or less. Unless a team covets Bogut ($12M), Lee ($11.5M), Jefferson or Biedrins (both $9M), I don't see them being able to make as attractive an offer as Toronto (unless they make Curry and/or Thompson available).

For the record, I seriously hope Toronto does NOT trade the #8 pick for Granger or Iguodala. I would not be opposed to the #8 pick being used to acquire Gay, however.

Post Thanks / Like

they've got wright, who actually would make a lot of sense for the grizz
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

If GSW is a competitor to Toronto, consider us lucky. GSW has one of the worst front offices in the league. They are a joke (amnestying Charlie Bell when they have Biedrins, trading for Jefferson's contract, trading for Bogut when he was unhealthy, trading their lottery pick to Utah (proper tanking got it back), their draft record, etc). If the biggest reason for dumping Gay is money, then GSW cannot help Memphis out as much as we can.

The 7th and 8th picks are pretty interchangeable as well in this draft class. It's not like 7 is miles ahead of 8.

Trading the 8th pick for Iggy or Granger will be a mistake. That's mediocrity right there. Iggy is 28 which sounds young, but I think we could do better with the 8th pick. I'd take Iggy over Granger though. After watching these playoffs, I've lost some respect for Granger.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/06/...o-raptors.html

Tim Chisholm is not a fan of Jeremy Lamb. Click to find out why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/06/...o-raptors.html

Tim Chisholm is not a fan of Jeremy Lamb. Click to find out why.
    One of the issues with Lamb is trying to separate him from his team last year. I watched UCONN 4 or 5 times and was thoroughly unimpressed with the guard play, their offense and the organization of the team on both ends. Some of that is on Lamb but you also have to wonder how much of the team play adversely affected his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stephen Brotherston Weekly Chat

Questions I asked him

Christian
    Whose the favorite on the Raptors’ board right now?

Stephen Brotherston
    The draft board is moving so much it’s tough to call. Beal could fall to the Raps – he shouldn’t but he might! If he does, #1 on their board (as of now). Davis, Robinson & MKG are NOT going to be there.

Lillard is on the board and the Raps will want to look at Marshall. Barnes could even fall to 8.

Of the players who “should” be available – Jeremy Lamb would rank right up there & Marshall, but we need to see Marshall in some workouts – he has game-changing potential.

Christian
    Do Raptors’ management see PJ3 as a 3 or 4?

Stephen Brotherston
    PJ3 is a 4 who hopes he can be a 3 because he’ll draft higher – it’s going to take a lot of convincing to think of him as a 3

Christian
    How close is Moe Harkless to being the #8 pick?

Stephen Brotherston
    I don’t believe its very close.
    There is more proven solid talent to take ahead of Moe with the 8th pick.

Moe will get his chance to impress during the workouts – we’ll see what he’s got.
    Christian
    Do the raptors’ envision Dion as a point guard?

Stephen Brotherston
    Raps are looking at him as a potential 1 – DW is a combo guard, maybe he can be a PG – but its hard to see him going mid-lottery
    Other interesting Q and A

calvinzero
    Can the Raptors sacrifice (trade)its draft picks for the position that they needed??

Stephen Brotherston
    With the changes to the luxury tax rules after next season, there should be 8 teams lined up to try and help the Raptors make unbalanced trades – definitely possible to see real talent on the move for draft picks to save money.
    RapsFan
    Do you think the Raps will keep the pick and roll the dice on PJ3? If the pick pans out he could seriously change the franchise. Seems to me he is more suited to play the 3

Stephen Brotherston
    I would be surprised to see PJ3 in Toronto next season – BUT I’d like to see him workout a bit first before completely dismissing the idea. Workouts at the ACC should start soon.
    Raptors
    Please tell me Kyle Lowry is really one of the main targets for the Raps this offseason!? And does Valanciunas have a chance to win ROY?

Stephen Brotherston
    A starting Pg is a target – Raps will talk to Rockets about Lowry and Dragic.
    Valanciunas with likely be battling with Davis for ROY all season.
    dino
    who will be raptors starting PG for coming season?
    Nash? Calderon? Bayless? or someone else?

Stephen Brotherston
    It feels like it will be someone else.

But Calderon is a really nice guy – he’ll be missed if they trade him.
    charry
    Hi Stephen, Hope you are doing well… I just need your opinion about Jeremy Lamb, Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Damian Lillard and Kendall Marshall…can you rank them for a possible 8 draft pick? Also, With Raptors second round 37th pick, would you consider Will Barton, Jae Crowder,Doron Lamb or Jared Cunningham? thank you! Have a great day…

Stephen Brotherston
    2nd round Doron Lamb at 37 = steal, but there is a ton a decent talent early 2nd round.

Very early personal ranking:
    Barnes – way out in front for now
    Lamb
    Lillard
    Marshall
    Rivers

But there isn’t much between Lamb, Lillard, Marshall or Rivers – I am intrigued by Marshall, he might be the best of the bunch – high potential he’s been underrated. Raptors need/want a PG
    It seem like Brotherstson is a big fan of Kendal Marshall
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 4th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you?

Lowry 14,16 for demar and 8th?
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    Lowry 14,16 for demar and 8th?
    Would I? Definitely.
    Would BC? Not sure.
    Would Houston? Highly doubt it.

Thread Information