Page 153 of 238 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Ford did not follow up with tweets about the workout in NO yesterday with Lamb, Rivers, and Ross.

Here is what Lamb said about himself though:

NOT PLEASED: Connecticut shooting guard Jeremy Lamb said he didn’t shoot the ball well during Monday’s workout.

For the Huskies this past season, Lamb averaged 17.7 points and was a 33.6 percent 3-point shooter.

“I had a tough shooting day, but I believe they know I can play with anybody,” Lamb said. “I think I played hard and showed that I could do some things. Some days you’re going to hit shots; some days you’re not. Those you don’t, you just have to find ways to do other things.”

Not all of the Hornets’ evaluations will be based on their draft workouts, Demps said.

“We look at the whole body of work,” Demps said. “Some of these guys we’ve been tracking since they were 16 and 17 years old. We go through everything, and that all becomes part of the decision process.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...et_a_clos.html

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well then that can only mean he's updating his draft order.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Chisolm said he has followed Lamb for the 2 years at UConn and the passivity sticks out. That is a sore spot for myself re the Raptors current makeup for the most part....a big red flag I think. It matters not that his team had these problems etc. It shows the character of the player that he did not pick up the slack, play hard and lead the team. I really hope that if we use the pick it be a hard nosed player (why MKG was most attractive to me and Robinson too). Lillard & Marshall seem to have the makeup.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sullinger mentioned again

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...ere/index.html

8) TORONTO
    2011-12 RECORD: 23-43, fourth, Atlantic
    NEEDS: Small forward, power forward
    LIKELY PICK(S): Harkless, Henson, Sullinger, Terrence Jones, F, Kentucky
    The Raptors have put some pieces in place, and if they get center Jonas Valanciunas over next season, they'll have two-thirds of their frontcourt set, with Valanciunas joining 2006 first-round pick Andrea Bargnani. The last one-third should come in June. Harkless would make sense here if he's still on the board, though he'd be making the transition from power forward in college to small forward in the pros. Jones would be doing the same thing, but he's proven to be a better 3-point shooter in college than Harkless was. Sullinger would be a safe pick; the Raptors have thought about a frontcourt with the 7-foot Bargnani at the three spot.
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the idiot who wrote that? Needs are SF and PF? Seriously?

Post Thanks / Like

At least he's half right! lol Some so called experts aren't even that advanced!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Who is the idiot who wrote that? Needs are SF and PF? Seriously?
    Surprisingly it was David Aldridge. I am surprised by that and usually expect more from him. Although if he truly believes Sullinger is the best player available at 8 then I can understand where he is coming from. Personally, I don't think he is the best player available at 8 and it certainly doesn't fill a need.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By mentioning "power forward", Aldridge could be referring to a low-post scoring threat (which we most certainly don't have)...but I think I'm reaching here...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that's a good question. Is Sullinger the best talent at the 8th spot in the draft? He was widely considered a top 4 prospect in last years draft. IIIFFF hypothetically there were no concerns about his legs being different length then would he be the best talent available at 8th?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Actually that's a good question. Is Sullinger the best talent at the 8th spot in the draft? He was widely considered a top 4 prospect in last years draft. IIIFFF hypothetically there were no concerns about his legs being different length then would he be the best talent available at 8th?
    I still think he's a bit of a tweener, in the fact that he'd be an undersized PF, despite his rebounding and scoring success at the NCAA level.

It all depends what all you factor into the "Best Player Available" equation. Are you talking best player to impact your team this season? Are you talking best player as far as potential ceiling for long-term development? How much is positional need factored in to determing who the BPA is for the team that's actually picking? Similar to positional need, what about need of a specific skillset, ie: 3pt shooting, penetration, distributing, rebounding, defending, etc...?

Regardless of the definition, I really don't think Sullinger is among the best 8 players in the draft, be it overall or specifically for the Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Sully is going to end up a terrible player, i just don't see much of a ceiling for him. Milsap maybe? If there was a stat for most shots blocked he'd definitely place in the top 5 every year. He's just too short and the different sized legs thing is a massive red flag. Him along with Henson and PJ3 are players you couldn't pay me to touch.

I do like the idea of a deep post scorer though. Unless you have a elite wing, its the best way to score at crunch time. Frankly, if you asked me who i'd rather have, Bargs or a guy like Jefferson i'd go with Jefferson 90% of the time. That's why T-Rob is so attractive to teams and Sullinger is being mocked so high.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I don't think Sully is going to end up a terrible player, i just don't see much of a ceiling for him. Milsap maybe? If there was a stat for most shots blocked he'd definitely place in the top 5 every year. He's just too short and the different sized legs thing is a massive red flag. Him along with Henson and PJ3 are players you couldn't pay me to touch.

I do like the idea of a deep post scorer though. Unless you have a elite wing, its the best way to score at crunch time. Frankly, if you asked me who i'd rather have, Bargs or a guy like Jefferson i'd go with Jefferson 90% of the time. That's why T-Rob is so attractive to teams and Sullinger is being mocked so high.
    I really hope DeRozan significantly improves his 3pt shooting, Calderon returns to form and another outside shooter is added, all to allow Casey to force Bargnani to play more on the inside. At the start of the season, when he was at his best, Bargnani started out games playing inside a lot more than previous years, then slowly worked his way out. I felt that he returned to the form of previous years after his injury, by playing outside way too much and falling in love with the long jumpers. I do believe he could be an effective post scorer, but only if more plays are drawn up for him down low (ie: if other players can pickup the slack with the outside shooting, so Casey doesn't need to use Bargnani out there so much).

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

harkless is growing on me i said i had a feeling BC would draft him and the more I think about it and the more I hear his name associated with the raps I think he would be a good fit. remeber he played the 4 in college which is not his natural position.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargs was definitely most effective when he was posting up shorter players. didn't see a ton of it, though. i don't know if he can sustain doing it all season. We'll see, i guess.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

moe harkless

Post Thanks / Like

terrence jones

Post Thanks / Like

if im a team picking for depth i'd be all over t-jones but i dunno if im a lotto team i want him as a starting 3 or 4
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

dont sleep on this kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    if im a team picking for depth i'd be all over t-jones but i dunno if im a lotto team i want him as a starting 3 or 4
    I think you summed up the #8 pick... great depth, but starters? I think that's why several teams outside the top 5/6 picks are now thinking about trading down.

Post Thanks / Like

there's starters to be had at #8, or at least future starters.
    @jerboat

Page 153 of 238 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast

Thread Information