Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    If a top 3 doesn't fall into GS's lap (no I'm not counting PJ3) I think theyll take a big. Their depth at the 4/5 is awful.
    This is what I think as well. While SF is a concern for GS, Dorell Wright does some things well enough to not make it a priority, he does not turn the ball over and can make the pocket 3 ball at a good clip, he also has good size. GS has Richard Jefferson, and Clay Thompson can get some burn at the 3 as well. Players like John Henson, Sulinger, Zeller and even Drumond could be considered by them.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Around the league word is that Lamb is are guy

Some NBA officials believe Toronto, with the eighth overall pick, is leaning toward taking Lamb Racine Journal-Times
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

Which I wouldn't mind at all. If anyone can get him fired up it would be Casey. He fall right in line with what Casey was asking for at the year end press conference. Shooter, athletic wings who run the floor.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jun 20th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have that link to the combine measurements...or know which post number it was? Lamb looks like he could be a really big SG and may even grow into SF size. The last I saw he looked pretty beefy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Which I wouldn't mind at all. If anyone can get him fired up it would be Casey. He fall right in line with what Casey was asking for at the year end press conference. Shooter, athletic wings who run the floor.

WOW. This was a very nice scout video my friend. Good find.

UGGH. The Draft will be very interesting. Still on that Lambwagon, but not as much as before. Still prefer Lillard and Rivers over him right now though.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Austin Rivers

Good defensive technique, just needs to move his feet.
    Great range, great ball-handling, especially that right to left crossover.
    Can create own shot very well.
    Can really get into the lane. Despite skinny body, strong enough to score in traffic.
    Can go off to score a large amount of points.
    Big time competitor. Supreme confidence. Fearless.
    Rarely gets stripped. Can score anywhere from the floor whatever way (layups, floaters, jump-shots)
    Has a full arsenal of offensive moves.
    High Character.
    High IQ, good understanding for the game.

Needs to see the floor better. Trust the pass.
    Work better off the ball.
    Selfish at times.
    Ability to use left hand was a problem in high school. College level hasn't been too much of a problem.

I really like this guy. I really hope we draft him, he really reminds me of James Harden and Dwanye Wade in a way. Plus this kid was ranked number 1 out of high school, and he was never built to play for the collegiate level. Game mas molded for the NBA. He could be a steal. The highlight video shows a lot of pick-and-rolls and isolations. Which is a constant use in the NBA. He can create his shot very well.

He'll only improve defensively under Dwane Casey, and he could be a spark-plug off the bench like James Harden, or start at the two and be a tremendous scoring option like Wade, not a bad defender either. Guy is fairly athletic.
    With his great ball-handling ability, he could be a combo guard and play spot minutes or rotational minutes as the point guard. Thus giving a more versatile, bigger lineup, and we all know how BC loves his versatility.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Jun 20th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jeremy Lamb falling asleep?

Don't like his energy. Dude YAWNED, in a damn interview. You gotta be kidding me.

He has really good skills though, lengthy, shoot from anywhere, uses screens well. But, we already have way too many laid back guys on this team...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people yawn when they're nervous.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Orleans/Washing trade could effect draft.

@daldridgetnt: Wizards in win now mode. Reluctant to throw big $ at limited free agent class. Okafor/Ariza pros who will be good people around John Wall.
    @daldridgetnt: NO trade will save Hornets $8.3 million, with Lewis buyout of &13.7M on his $22M salary next season.
    Wow.
    Washington no longer needs a small forward, thus making a possible drop for MKG, allowing them to take a big man. Don't know really how big the changes are, but the draft is already very unclear on who goes 2-10. This just made it a little bit more blurry.

Washington now looks like a team ready come playoff time. Experienced players with Nene, Okafor, and Ariza. Not to mention adding a player in the draft.

While New Orleans clears up cap space. They'll be able to make some moves.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Jun 20th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Beal is the perfect fit in Washington.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Looks like Beal is the perfect fit in Washington.
    Beal or Drummond. Either would work. Both would be coming off the bench most likely behind either Okafor or Jordan Crawford.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Beal or Drummond. Either would work. Both would be coming off the bench most likely behind either Okafor or Jordan Crawford.
    Ah yes, forgot about Crawford. But I wonder if he's securely penciled himself in as a starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Ah yes, forgot about Crawford. But I wonder if he's securely penciled himself in as a starter.
    The organization is big on him, that's one of the reasons they let go of Nick Young. He can put the ball in the bucket, he will be a very solid player. BUT, I myself wonder as well, maybe he is more suited to be the sixth man.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like 2.0

Why do want this guy again? Listed as a SG on NBAdraft.net

Hollinger's board has him at #17 based on PER

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense?
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really feeling Lamb either (or Rivers, or Waiters for that matter).

It's Lillard or PJ3 for me.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Toronto really wanted one of Beal/Barnes/MKG, their best bet to trade up in my opinion would be Sacramento.

This assumes Drummond is who Sacramento wants and is not picked by Portland (Lillard) and Golden State takes someone other than Drummond..

#8 (maybe ED or JJ?) for #5/Garcia?

Post Thanks / Like

There was nothing about JV until right before the draft last year.

If the word is Lamb is the guy 8 days before the draft, I don't think Lamb is the guy.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If Toronto really wanted one of Beal/Barnes/MKG, their best bet to trade up in my opinion would be Sacramento.

This assumes Drummond is who Sacramento wants and is not picked by Portland (Lillard) and Golden State takes someone other than Drummond..

#8 (maybe ED or JJ?) for #5/Garcia?
    I was thinking the exact same thing in a different thread (minus Garcia). But it looks like Garcia has an expiring contract next year. I hope Bryan is paying attention

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There was nothing about JV until right before the draft last year.

If the word is Lamb is the guy 8 days before the draft, I don't think Lamb is the guy.
    If you think in that sense than PJ3 is really the guy at 8 lol. BC also didn't think JV would fall to 5.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think in that sense than PJ3 is really the guy at 8 lol. BC also didn't think JV would fall to 5.
    Could be. My only point is anyone saying that the Raptors are going to pick 'player X' is either talking out their ass or being fed incorrect information from the inside - in my opinion, of course.

Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast

Thread Information