2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    So much stigma against Euro players from some people up here, well I understand Bargnani isn't awesome as some expected, but this doesn't mean all euro players are soft and terrible at this game. You have to be narrow minded to think that way.
    Don't paint us all with the same brush.

Comment

• I'd like to see(based on who I think may be available):

Barnes, Lamb, T Jones, PJ3, Marshall in that order

Comment

• DraftExpress.com: Bryan Colangelo interview

Comment

• When Jeremy Lamb and Dion Waiters meet at workouts it's going to be huge! Man to be a fly in that gym.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't like Jeremy Lamb's passive demeanor. We have way too many of those already. We need players that want to be great, not just fit in. That's why I want DW and DL.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Found the Draft link from last year here:
              http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ptors-to-draft

Looks like the majority were favouring Kanter (I included).
              Lol I'm still laughing at that poll that says "Eric Kanter", in all seriousness I say we pick BPA and get PJIII if hes still there, Sullinger, Terrence Jones, and then trade Ed Davis and Indianas pick for another lottery pick and get someone like Moe Harkless, Dion Waiters etc.
              Last edited by e2thed; Thu May 31, 2012, 08:55 PM.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• i would grasp at any of those kentucky players avaialable when we pick. that was a very good college team. i was all mkg before and i am all tjones now. after tj comes lamb and then reluctantly pj3.

in the second round i would take darius miller with one of our second picks. 37 if machado is gone

Comment

• I would rather bring euros here . I can't take another vinsanity and bosh

Comment

• Alright Ross is starting to impress me

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...ks-top-10-pick

The other player that really wowed me this weekend was Washington's Ross. Like Lillard, Ross is going to be impressive in workouts. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he worked out better than all of his competition at the 2-guard spot.

Why?

Video: Terrence Ross
                    Chad Ford says Washington's Terrence Ross was impressive during workouts and could get the edge over other shooting guards like Dion Waiters, Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb. Watch here.

Ross, Waiters, Jeremy Lamb and Austin Rivers are all in a bit of a scrum right now and, in a number of instances, will work out directly against each other for teams in June.

Ross has several advantages that should pop in workouts. First, he's the tallest of any of the shooting guards (he's measuring 6-foot-6 in socks, 6-foot-7 in shoes). He's also the most athletic. Ross is an explosive leaper, a blur up and down the court and has great lateral quickness. He's also the best shooter of the group. Not only did Ross shoot the highest percentage from 3 of any of the four players mentioned, he rarely missed anything in his workouts at 360. He's got a quick release and deep range. For a team looking for a pure shooter, he's by far the best choice in the lottery.

Ross also looked terrific in four-on-four play. His team was matched against Daye and Butler, and Ross more than looked like he belonged playing against and, later, with them. He was much more aggressive than what we saw at Washington, he hit a number of impressive 3s and had several highlight reel dunks in the course of the game. Had Ross played with a more conventional point guard last season (one that didn't dominate the ball as much as Wroten did), he could've put up much bigger numbers.

Waiters and Rivers are more aggressive scorers than Ross. Lamb is longer and may be the best defender of the group. It's clear that Ross needs to get stronger and work on his in-between game. But for a team looking for size, athleticism and shooting at the 2-guard position, he could be the guy. I think his range, like Waiters, Lillard and Lamb, is probably 6-13.
                    what i liked the most about the whole article is what he did against NBA players. Daye is no slouch, especially defensively.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lillard/Lamb/Ross/Waiters
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i want to freeze myself in carbonite until the draft i can't handle this
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i keep forgetting Wroten was the PG on that team, it really explains so much.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• And he has a solid shooting stroke.

Comment

• Come watch "Strokin' it!" with Maleko and Ceez
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...ks-top-10-pick

what i liked the most about the whole article is what he did against NBA players. Daye is no slouch, especially defensively.
                                BC was talking about Ross EARLY this year. I think it is safe to say he has been watching him.

Comment

Working...
                                X