No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like Golden State is going to make things difficult for BC...

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo is keeping his options open as far as keeping or trading his No. 8 overall selection is concerned.

Complicating a potential dealing of the pick for Colangelo is the fact that the team picking just ahead of the Raptors — the Golden State Warriors — also intend to explore moving the selection for a veteran.

The rumour mill has the Warriors coveting several players the Raptors will consider going after, including Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/31...ry-wasnt-fixed

Comment

• Yeah i heard that too. Like i've said before, if it's not for Rudy, i have no interest in trading the pick, so if GS trades for him sit tight and draft away.

i will be royally annoyed if they flip the pick for Granger or Igoudala.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Seems like Golden State is going to make things difficult for BC...

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo is keeping his options open as far as keeping or trading his No. 8 overall selection is concerned.

Complicating a potential dealing of the pick for Colangelo is the fact that the team picking just ahead of the Raptors — the Golden State Warriors — also intend to explore moving the selection for a veteran.

The rumour mill has the Warriors coveting several players the Raptors will consider going after, including Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay and Danny Granger

The one benefit for the Raptors is the cap space they have, meaning less money would need to go back to the other team. Also, short of Curry and Thompson, what decent, reasonably priced assets does Golden State have? The only other player they have under contract for less than $9M that might be attractive is Wright (expiring). Toronto has DeRozan, JJ, Amir/Davis all being decent, young players making $6M or less. Unless a team covets Bogut ($12M), Lee ($11.5M), Jefferson or Biedrins (both $9M), I don't see them being able to make as attractive an offer as Toronto (unless they make Curry and/or Thompson available).

For the record, I seriously hope Toronto does NOT trade the #8 pick for Granger or Iguodala. I would not be opposed to the #8 pick being used to acquire Gay, however.

Comment

• they've got wright, who actually would make a lot of sense for the grizz
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Seems like Golden State is going to make things difficult for BC...

DECISIONS FOR COLANGELO

If GSW is a competitor to Toronto, consider us lucky. GSW has one of the worst front offices in the league. They are a joke (amnestying Charlie Bell when they have Biedrins, trading for Jefferson's contract, trading for Bogut when he was unhealthy, trading their lottery pick to Utah (proper tanking got it back), their draft record, etc). If the biggest reason for dumping Gay is money, then GSW cannot help Memphis out as much as we can.

The 7th and 8th picks are pretty interchangeable as well in this draft class. It's not like 7 is miles ahead of 8.

Trading the 8th pick for Iggy or Granger will be a mistake. That's mediocrity right there. Iggy is 28 which sounds young, but I think we could do better with the 8th pick. I'd take Iggy over Granger though. After watching these playoffs, I've lost some respect for Granger.

Comment

• http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/06/...o-raptors.html

Tim Chisholm is not a fan of Jeremy Lamb. Click to find out why.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/06/...o-raptors.html

Tim Chisholm is not a fan of Jeremy Lamb. Click to find out why.
                One of the issues with Lamb is trying to separate him from his team last year. I watched UCONN 4 or 5 times and was thoroughly unimpressed with the guard play, their offense and the organization of the team on both ends. Some of that is on Lamb but you also have to wonder how much of the team play adversely affected his game.

Comment

• Stephen Brotherston Weekly Chat

Questions I asked him

Christian
                  Whose the favorite on the Raptors’ board right now?

Stephen Brotherston
                  The draft board is moving so much it’s tough to call. Beal could fall to the Raps – he shouldn’t but he might! If he does, #1 on their board (as of now). Davis, Robinson & MKG are NOT going to be there.

Lillard is on the board and the Raps will want to look at Marshall. Barnes could even fall to 8.

Of the players who “should” be available – Jeremy Lamb would rank right up there & Marshall, but we need to see Marshall in some workouts – he has game-changing potential.

Christian
                  Do Raptors’ management see PJ3 as a 3 or 4?

Stephen Brotherston
                  PJ3 is a 4 who hopes he can be a 3 because he’ll draft higher – it’s going to take a lot of convincing to think of him as a 3

Christian
                  How close is Moe Harkless to being the #8 pick?

Stephen Brotherston
                  I don’t believe its very close.
                  There is more proven solid talent to take ahead of Moe with the 8th pick.

Moe will get his chance to impress during the workouts – we’ll see what he’s got.
                  Christian
                  Do the raptors’ envision Dion as a point guard?

Stephen Brotherston
                  Raps are looking at him as a potential 1 – DW is a combo guard, maybe he can be a PG – but its hard to see him going mid-lottery
                  Other interesting Q and A

calvinzero
                  Can the Raptors sacrifice (trade)its draft picks for the position that they needed??

Stephen Brotherston
                  With the changes to the luxury tax rules after next season, there should be 8 teams lined up to try and help the Raptors make unbalanced trades – definitely possible to see real talent on the move for draft picks to save money.
                  RapsFan
                  Do you think the Raps will keep the pick and roll the dice on PJ3? If the pick pans out he could seriously change the franchise. Seems to me he is more suited to play the 3

Stephen Brotherston
                  I would be surprised to see PJ3 in Toronto next season – BUT I’d like to see him workout a bit first before completely dismissing the idea. Workouts at the ACC should start soon.
                  Raptors
                  Please tell me Kyle Lowry is really one of the main targets for the Raps this offseason!? And does Valanciunas have a chance to win ROY?

Stephen Brotherston
                  A starting Pg is a target – Raps will talk to Rockets about Lowry and Dragic.
                  Valanciunas with likely be battling with Davis for ROY all season.
                  dino
                  who will be raptors starting PG for coming season?
                  Nash? Calderon? Bayless? or someone else?

Stephen Brotherston
                  It feels like it will be someone else.

But Calderon is a really nice guy – he’ll be missed if they trade him.
                  charry
                  Hi Stephen, Hope you are doing well… I just need your opinion about Jeremy Lamb, Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Damian Lillard and Kendall Marshall…can you rank them for a possible 8 draft pick? Also, With Raptors second round 37th pick, would you consider Will Barton, Jae Crowder,Doron Lamb or Jared Cunningham? thank you! Have a great day…

Stephen Brotherston
                  2nd round Doron Lamb at 37 = steal, but there is a ton a decent talent early 2nd round.

Very early personal ranking:
                  Barnes – way out in front for now
                  Lamb
                  Lillard
                  Marshall
                  Rivers

But there isn’t much between Lamb, Lillard, Marshall or Rivers – I am intrigued by Marshall, he might be the best of the bunch – high potential he’s been underrated. Raptors need/want a PG
                  It seem like Brotherstson is a big fan of Kendal Marshall
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jun 4, 2012, 06:07 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Would you?

Lowry 14,16 for demar and 8th?
                    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                      Lowry 14,16 for demar and 8th?
                      Would I? Definitely.
                      Would BC? Not sure.
                      Would Houston? Highly doubt it.

Comment

• Chad Ford did not follow up with tweets about the workout in NO yesterday with Lamb, Rivers, and Ross.

Here is what Lamb said about himself though:

NOT PLEASED: Connecticut shooting guard Jeremy Lamb said he didn’t shoot the ball well during Monday’s workout.

For the Huskies this past season, Lamb averaged 17.7 points and was a 33.6 percent 3-point shooter.

“I had a tough shooting day, but I believe they know I can play with anybody,” Lamb said. “I think I played hard and showed that I could do some things. Some days you’re going to hit shots; some days you’re not. Those you don’t, you just have to find ways to do other things.”

Not all of the Hornets’ evaluations will be based on their draft workouts, Demps said.

“We look at the whole body of work,” Demps said. “Some of these guys we’ve been tracking since they were 16 and 17 years old. We go through everything, and that all becomes part of the decision process.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...et_a_clos.html

Comment

• Well then that can only mean he's updating his draft order.

Comment

• Chisolm said he has followed Lamb for the 2 years at UConn and the passivity sticks out. That is a sore spot for myself re the Raptors current makeup for the most part....a big red flag I think. It matters not that his team had these problems etc. It shows the character of the player that he did not pick up the slack, play hard and lead the team. I really hope that if we use the pick it be a hard nosed player (why MKG was most attractive to me and Robinson too). Lillard & Marshall seem to have the makeup.

Comment

• Sullinger mentioned again

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...ere/index.html

8) TORONTO
                              2011-12 RECORD: 23-43, fourth, Atlantic
                              NEEDS: Small forward, power forward
                              LIKELY PICK(S): Harkless, Henson, Sullinger, Terrence Jones, F, Kentucky
                              The Raptors have put some pieces in place, and if they get center Jonas Valanciunas over next season, they'll have two-thirds of their frontcourt set, with Valanciunas joining 2006 first-round pick Andrea Bargnani. The last one-third should come in June. Harkless would make sense here if he's still on the board, though he'd be making the transition from power forward in college to small forward in the pros. Jones would be doing the same thing, but he's proven to be a better 3-point shooter in college than Harkless was. Sullinger would be a safe pick; the Raptors have thought about a frontcourt with the 7-foot Bargnani at the three spot.
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Who is the idiot who wrote that? Needs are SF and PF? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                X