No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that there has been a surge of interest in Barnes by Raptors fans on this board since the end of the season. Is it because he jumped high at the combine? I have always been quite high on Barnes and wondered why others have been so lukewarm. I think that there will still be a couple of dynamic perimeter players on the board for the Raptors at 8 - Waiters, Lillard and Rivers are in the mix. I have a hard time figuring out how to feel about Lamb. He seems to have some real assets, but it is hard to read personality. Waiter, Lillard and Rivers come across as having that spark that you hope to see, but we might all be misreading Lamb.

Comment

• Barnes may be the only player in the draft outside of AD that could step right into the Raptors starting line up next season. It's a good match with the Raptors need of a scoring SF and Barnes having that kind of offensive game.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
        It seems that there has been a surge of interest in Barnes by Raptors fans on this board since the end of the season. Is it because he jumped high at the combine? I have always been quite high on Barnes and wondered why others have been so lukewarm. I think that there will still be a couple of dynamic perimeter players on the board for the Raptors at 8 - Waiters, Lillard and Rivers are in the mix. I have a hard time figuring out how to feel about Lamb. He seems to have some real assets, but it is hard to read personality. Waiter, Lillard and Rivers come across as having that spark that you hope to see, but we might all be misreading Lamb.
        barnes, to me, in the top four(where we all use to pretend to live) wasn't worth it at all. barnes at 8 is a no brainer.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
          The Kings do have a lot of talent in their roster. They need a coach more than anything. If they somehow get it together, Kings will be dangerous.

I think MKG will fall out of the top 4 after it's all set and done.
          I think you might be right. MKG is the one player scheduled to go that high whom has the least developed basketball skills. And no I don't consider a high motor to be a skill, it's a great asset but it's not a skill you develop. If I was Charlotte, Washington or Clevland and I had to make a safe pick I would take T-Rob, Beal or Barnes before I take MKG. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I think you might be right. MKG is the one player scheduled to go that high whom has the least developed basketball skills. And no I don't consider a high motor to be a skill, it's a great asset but it's not a skill you develop. If I was Charlotte, Washington or Clevland and I had to make a safe pick I would take T-Rob, Beal or Barnes before I take MKG. Just my opinion.
            if mkg were the one to fall i would shit myself and sit in it until i heard stern call his name for the toronto raptors

Comment

• LOL, as I mentioned in my earlier post, any player that might have fallen won't get to us because Golden State will pick him up. They basically have the same need at SF that we do.

Comment

• Barnes' game better suited for Pros?

One Western Conference front office executive believes Harrison Barnes will be a better pro player than college player.

The executive indicated Barnes’ numbers were a function of North Carolina’s offense, noting that Paul Pierce was the only quality small forward to play for Roy Williams. “And that wasn’t because of Roy,” the exec said. “His system is more for point guards and bigs.”

Barnes recently posted a 38 inch no-step vertical, the fourth highest all-time at the pre-draft combine.
                Source: RealGM.com

I've been high on Barnes since last year. If he falls to eight it will be a huge score for the Raptors.

Comment

• http://wagesofwins.com/2012/06/17/th...spects-part-1/
                  http://wagesofwins.com/2012/06/18/th...spects-part-2/

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Wroten is a guy that could easily slip into the second round that i'd love the raps to take a chance on if they don't take Lillard. On one hand he apparently is a bit of a headcase and shooting isn't his thing but his potential/size/athleticism is staggering. He'd make a really nice developmental PG.
                    Totally agree, I'd really like the Raptors to take a chance on this guy if they decide to keep this first second round pick and he's still here once it's our turn to draft.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      barnes, to me, in the top four(where we all use to pretend to live) wasn't worth it at all. barnes at 8 is a no brainer.
                      My thoughts exactly.

I wasn't high on Barnes while the season was unfolding (and the possibility of a top-3 pick was still in the air). But he represents good value with the 8th pick.

Comment

• I think the biggest kick in the groin to Raptors fans, who suffered through such a terrible season, would be to see Drummond be the 'top-7 consensus prospect' that drops to 8th. With Valanciunas coming in, I can't see BC overly eager to add another young C, who's likely going to be more of a project than JV. However, there are enough other teams that are high on Drummond, who I expect would be on the phone to BC pretty quickly, making competitive offers for Toronto to move down/out of the 1st round.

Based on everything I've read/heard the past few days, I think there could be a decent chance that either Lillard or Drummond does drop out of the top 7. I just really hope it winds up being Lillard.

1. Davis
                        2. Beal or Robinson
                        3. Robinson or Beal
                        4. Barnes
                        5. MKG or Drummond
                        6. MKG/Drummond or Lillard
                        7. MKG/Drummond or PJIII/T.Jones/Sullinger (if deemed healthy enough)

How cruel would the basketball gods be if they let MKG drop to 7th, where Golden State would gladly draft him, as a result of a won coin flip?! D'oh!

I can't see Sacramento or Golden State being interested in Lillard, so he could very well drop to 8th, if Portland doesn't take him at 6. If Sacramento/Portland were to draft MKG/Lillard, I wonder how much interest Golden State has in Drummond?

For me, I hope that 5-7 would go MKG, Drummond and PJII, leaving Lillard for Toronto @ #8.

Comment

• I've been reading some GSW fan blogs.. they would be very happy to see Barnes (or MKG) drop to them at 7. But if both are gone, they may go after a guy like Henson. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the top part of the draft like TT did last year. Henson has a 7'5 wingspan!! Could be a terror on defense once he gains some strength.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I've been reading some GSW fan blogs.. they would be very happy to see Barnes (or MKG) drop to them at 7. But if both are gone, they may go after a guy like Henson. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the top part of the draft like TT did last year. Henson has a 7'5 wingspan!! Could be a terror on defense once he gains some strength.
                            This makes sense considering they want nothing to do with Biedrins.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I've been reading some GSW fan blogs.. they would be very happy to see Barnes (or MKG) drop to them at 7. But if both are gone, they may go after a guy like Henson. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the top part of the draft like TT did last year. Henson has a 7'5 wingspan!! Could be a terror on defense once he gains some strength.
                              So perhaps Drummond would interest them too, if they are considering defensive bigs, in addition to wings. Maybe it really is Lillard-or-bust to drop out of the top-7? Or we'll all be thrown for a loop and the first seven picks will be full of suprises that cause all sorts of chaos... and the basketball gods will be smiling on Toronto!

Comment

• If a top 3 doesn't fall into GS's lap (no I'm not counting PJ3) I think theyll take a big. Their depth at the 4/5 is awful.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X