2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    If a top 3 doesn't fall into GS's lap (no I'm not counting PJ3) I think theyll take a big. Their depth at the 4/5 is awful.
    This is what I think as well. While SF is a concern for GS, Dorell Wright does some things well enough to not make it a priority, he does not turn the ball over and can make the pocket 3 ball at a good clip, he also has good size. GS has Richard Jefferson, and Clay Thompson can get some burn at the 3 as well. Players like John Henson, Sulinger, Zeller and even Drumond could be considered by them.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Around the league word is that Lamb is are guy

Some NBA officials believe Toronto, with the eighth overall pick, is leaning toward taking Lamb Racine Journal-Times
      http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

Which I wouldn't mind at all. If anyone can get him fired up it would be Casey. He fall right in line with what Casey was asking for at the year end press conference. Shooter, athletic wings who run the floor.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 02:29 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyone have that link to the combine measurements...or know which post number it was? Lamb looks like he could be a really big SG and may even grow into SF size. The last I saw he looked pretty beefy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Around the league word is that Lamb is are guy

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

Which I wouldn't mind at all. If anyone can get him fired up it would be Casey. He fall right in line with what Casey was asking for at the year end press conference. Shooter, athletic wings who run the floor.

WOW. This was a very nice scout video my friend. Good find.

UGGH. The Draft will be very interesting. Still on that Lambwagon, but not as much as before. Still prefer Lillard and Rivers over him right now though.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Lamb-6380/

Comment

• Austin Rivers

Good defensive technique, just needs to move his feet.
              Great range, great ball-handling, especially that right to left crossover.
              Can create own shot very well.
              Can really get into the lane. Despite skinny body, strong enough to score in traffic.
              Can go off to score a large amount of points.
              Big time competitor. Supreme confidence. Fearless.
              Rarely gets stripped. Can score anywhere from the floor whatever way (layups, floaters, jump-shots)
              Has a full arsenal of offensive moves.
              High Character.
              High IQ, good understanding for the game.

Needs to see the floor better. Trust the pass.
              Work better off the ball.
              Selfish at times.
              Ability to use left hand was a problem in high school. College level hasn't been too much of a problem.

I really like this guy. I really hope we draft him, he really reminds me of James Harden and Dwanye Wade in a way. Plus this kid was ranked number 1 out of high school, and he was never built to play for the collegiate level. Game mas molded for the NBA. He could be a steal. The highlight video shows a lot of pick-and-rolls and isolations. Which is a constant use in the NBA. He can create his shot very well.

He'll only improve defensively under Dwane Casey, and he could be a spark-plug off the bench like James Harden, or start at the two and be a tremendous scoring option like Wade, not a bad defender either. Guy is fairly athletic.
              With his great ball-handling ability, he could be a combo guard and play spot minutes or rotational minutes as the point guard. Thus giving a more versatile, bigger lineup, and we all know how BC loves his versatility.
              Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb falling asleep?

Don't like his energy. Dude YAWNED, in a damn interview. You gotta be kidding me.

He has really good skills though, lengthy, shoot from anywhere, uses screens well. But, we already have way too many laid back guys on this team...

Comment

• Some people yawn when they're nervous.

Comment

• New Orleans/Washing trade could effect draft.

@daldridgetnt: Wizards in win now mode. Reluctant to throw big $ at limited free agent class. Okafor/Ariza pros who will be good people around John Wall.
                    @daldridgetnt: NO trade will save Hornets $8.3 million, with Lewis buyout of &13.7M on his $22M salary next season.
                    Wow.
                    Washington no longer needs a small forward, thus making a possible drop for MKG, allowing them to take a big man. Don't know really how big the changes are, but the draft is already very unclear on who goes 2-10. This just made it a little bit more blurry.

Washington now looks like a team ready come playoff time. Experienced players with Nene, Okafor, and Ariza. Not to mention adding a player in the draft.

While New Orleans clears up cap space. They'll be able to make some moves.
                    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Jun 20, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Looks like Beal is the perfect fit in Washington.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Looks like Beal is the perfect fit in Washington.
                        Beal or Drummond. Either would work. Both would be coming off the bench most likely behind either Okafor or Jordan Crawford.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Beal or Drummond. Either would work. Both would be coming off the bench most likely behind either Okafor or Jordan Crawford.
                          Ah yes, forgot about Crawford. But I wonder if he's securely penciled himself in as a starter.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Ah yes, forgot about Crawford. But I wonder if he's securely penciled himself in as a starter.
                            The organization is big on him, that's one of the reasons they let go of Nick Young. He can put the ball in the bucket, he will be a very solid player. BUT, I myself wonder as well, maybe he is more suited to be the sixth man.

Comment

• Looks like 2.0

Why do want this guy again? Listed as a SG on NBAdraft.net

Hollinger's board has him at #17 based on PER

Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense?
                              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

• I'm not really feeling Lamb either (or Rivers, or Waiters for that matter).

It's Lillard or PJ3 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X