2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 3, and he's definitely got the talent, but I just don't think he's got the personality to be a franchise player. I see him a lot like Rudy Gay or a Lamar Odom. Excellent secondary players but too easy going to lead.
    I find Perry Jones III back interesting for Miller. He has really taken a back seat after a strong start as a freshman. If he passes all medicals, I think he will be a great and lucky pick for a team in the 8-12 range (keep in mind so much can change between now and the draft though - that is my disclaimer). I do not see Miller being a guy who would go back a second year. He has first hand experience how quickly it can all be taken away from you (this is just my opinion..... again).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I find Perry Jones III back interesting for Miller. He has really taken a back seat after a strong start as a freshman. If he passes all medicals, I think he will be a great and lucky pick for a team in the 8-12 range (keep in mind so much can change between now and the draft though - that is my disclaimer). I do not see Miller being a guy who would go back a second year. He has first hand experience how quickly it can all be taken away from you (this is just my opinion..... again).
      You completely lost me with your first sentence. And I think Miller will be talked about as a top 5-7 pick by the end of the year. I find it's getting harder and harder for great players to fall through the cracks in the draft. Good players, yes, but not great players.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• isn't that the guy who said he wouldn't play in toronto cause of customs? forget him i'm on the Q.Miller band wagon. Its Easy!

Comment

You completely lost me with your first sentence. And I think Miller will be talked about as a top 5-7 pick by the end of the year. I find it's getting harder and harder for great players to fall through the cracks in the draft. Good players, yes, but not great players.
          The first sentence was referring to Perry Jones III returning from suspension and the impact it is having on Miller. Miller was the alpha dog when he was out, now he has taken a back seat. However, as we saw from the first 5 games, the scoring talent is most definitely there and he has shown an ability to distribute the ball since Jones III has been playing wit him.

Comment

• Drummond:

24 points
            11/12 fg
            2/4 ft
            8 rebs
            1 ast
            5 blk
            0 turnovers
            0 fouls

31 minutes

Davis:

14 points
            7/11 fg
            0/0 ft
            18 rebounds
            1 ast
            5 blk
            1 stl
            1 turnover
            1 foul

30 minutes

Comment

• 18 Rebounds? Good God!

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                18 Rebounds? Good God!
                u missed the 5 blks. thats not to shabby either in 30 mins.

Comment

• Who is the top PG in this draft? I see them mocked mostly near the end of the lottery, but if the Raps were in that range (or picked up a second pick) who would you be looking at? Personally, I like to have more of a distributor than a scorer at the point (not a fan of Bayless in that role)

Myck Kabongo is #1 for me, not just because he is a Canuck either. Good vision and distribution but still able to get his own.

Kendall Marshall - pure passer, and if his shot improved he could move up.

Marquis Teague seems a lot like Bayless - quick, good scorer, poor passer, low vision.

Comment

• Bayless played decent yesterday. He showed that he does have the court vision he just needs to be more careful with his passes.

Comment

• SandmanFan wrote: View Post
                      Who is the top PG in this draft? I see them mocked mostly near the end of the lottery, but if the Raps were in that range (or picked up a second pick) who would you be looking at? Personally, I like to have more of a distributor than a scorer at the point (not a fan of Bayless in that role)

Myck Kabongo is #1 for me, not just because he is a Canuck either. Good vision and distribution but still able to get his own.

Kendall Marshall - pure passer, and if his shot improved he could move up.

Marquis Teague seems a lot like Bayless - quick, good scorer, poor passer, low vision.
                      This was an article on top PG's before the NCAA season started. Some no longer deserve mention, some deserving mention are buried in the 'honourable mention' section at the bottom, and others are not mentioned at all (like Shabazz Napier at UConn).

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012-nba-dra...0-point-guards

For me I am all over Kabongo. He might not see the court as well as Marshall but he isn't playing with near the talent he is either and, in my opinion, he is not that far behind him. Kabongo is a much better athlete and his shot, while not awesome, is still ahead of Marshall. Also Kabongo has scored the ability to split the defense and finish around the rim for and-1's.

I wouldn't bother with Teague for the very reason you gave.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Bayless played decent yesterday. He showed that he does have the court vision he just needs to be more careful with his passes.
                        Did we watch the same game? Bayless played horribly.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

lol, agreed. Bayless was brutal. If I had to pick one player who disappointed the most yesterday, the answer is Bayless (hands down).

Comment

• is Bayless the new Bargniani? Someone want to sticky the "Everything Bayless" thread?

Comment

well it was preseason. he didn't play "horribly" he had 10 points, 3 assists, 2 boards and 4 turnovers. That isn't bad for a preseason game. if there was anyone that played horribly it was Rasual Butler, played 20 mins and didn't score a singe point.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                lol, agreed. Bayless was brutal. If I had to pick one player who disappointed the most yesterday, the answer is Bayless (hands down).
                                Rasual Butler played 20 minutes and didn't hit a single shot. I don't know what game you were watching

Comment

Working...
                                X