Page 38 of 238 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Put the ball in Miller's hands. I want to see what he does with the game on the line.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Kabongo making me look like a fool
    Not really. He waited until he picked up his 4th foul with 10 minutes left in the game before he did anything noteworthy. He had 5 assists on the game (and just 1 turnover) but he could have 10 easily if guys made the layups or easy shots he created for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Put the ball in Miller's hands. I want to see what he does with the game on the line.
    It is incredible that down the stretch they didn't seem to utilize Miller or PJ3.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, if both come out this draft year, Jones will go before MIller. PJ3 does pretty well everything better and is bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

He's bigger, sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Just my opinion, if both come out this draft year, Jones will go before MIller. PJ3 does pretty well everything better and is bigger.
    Clark Kellogg made a great point on Miller regarding his return from knee injury:

"Give him a summer of strength training and conditioning and with his skill set, the sky is the limit."

But I agree, at this time, PJ3 is the better player. I'm not sure the answer if we fast forward a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky versus LSU live stream:

http://www.justin.tv/channel420#/w/2526763952/2

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy's ability to draw fouls as a college player is remarkable
    i told you man quincy miller is KD junior. He has to declare this year so we can choose him with our pick. He can be our franchise player, AB as second option and DeMar as the third option and Big V in the middle. Great foundation if you ask me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i told you man quincy miller is KD junior. He has to declare this year so we can choose him with our pick. He can be our franchise player, AB as second option and DeMar as the third option and Big V in the middle. Great foundation if you ask me
    If Miller is the best talent available when the Raptor's turn comes to draft I think he would make a fine addition to the roster. His 12.5 points per game and 4.9 rebounds and a history of knee trouble makes a comparison with KD a bit of a stretch. I believe Matt compared KD and QM's freshman stats previously in this thread. Btw, nbadraftnet has Miller as number 13 in the 2113 draft.
    Last edited by stretch; Sun Jan 29th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If Miller is the best talent available when the Raptor's turn comes to draft I think he would make a fine addition to the roster. His 12.5 points per game and 4.9 rebounds and a history of knee trouble makes a comparison with KD a bit of a stretch. I believe Matt compared KD and QM's freshman stats previously in this thread. Btw, nbadraftnet has Miller as number 13 in the 2113 draft.
    He won't be in college THAT long.

Post Thanks / Like

My point is that I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has Miller in the top 10 and it appears that the Raptors are headed for a higher pick than number 13.

Post Thanks / Like

My point is that I haven't seen a recent mock draft that has Miller in the top 10 and it appears that the Raptors are headed for a higher pick than number 13.
    There will be many guys climbing and falling on the the mock drafts between now and the actual draft. Conference play is now underway, then the tournament, then individual work outs. A lot can happen.

Perfect example: last year around this time Terrence Jones was in the top 5 and Derrick Williams was sniffing around 10. Jones ended up slipping to 15 in the mocks and Williams went #2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There will be many guys climbing and falling on the the mock drafts between now and the actual draft. Conference play is now underway, then the tournament, then individual work outs. A lot can happen.

Perfect example: last year around this time Terrence Jones was in the top 5 and Derrick Williams was sniffing around 10. Jones ended up slipping to 15 in the mocks and Williams went #2.
    As far as T Jones goes, I like him more than Miller. He's only months older than QM, but his game is much farther along. Good inside/outside game and defender capable of playing 3 or 4 much like Derrick Williams who blossomed as a sophomore at Arizona last season.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as T Jones goes, I like him more than Miller. He's only months older than QM, but his game is much farther along. Good inside/outside game and defender capable of playing 3 or 4 much like Derrick Williams who blossomed as a sophomore at Arizona last season.
    I've seen enough of Terrence Jones this year and the last half of last season to be forever turned off. I was a huge fanboy of his but not so much anymore. He is up and down - with no in between. He makes the dumbest plays and decisions at times and his body language and demeanour is poor when he is not playing well.

I like Miller because he is a straight SF. There is no question what he is at the next level.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone jump on the Quincy Miller bandwagon!

Post Thanks / Like

Mock drafts change week to week and day to day during march madness and workouts. I have a feeling Miller will be in the top 7 or so come draft time.

Post Thanks / Like

Mock drafts change week to week and day to day during march madness and workouts. I have a feeling Miller will be in the top 7 or so come draft time.
    With a favorable schedule and the hope that Bargnani comes back and plays most of the rest of the season then perhaps Miller and the Raptors will be going in different directions with QM going at pick 7 or better and the Raptors going at pick 10 or worse. Say no to tanking!
    Last edited by stretch; Sun Jan 29th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we have second pick in this draft? If we do I think the Raptors should really consider using it on Damian Lillard from Webber State

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Do we have second pick in this draft? If we do I think the Raptors should really consider using it on Damian Lillard from Webber State
    We have a 2nd rounder this year. I like Lillard as well, but his stock might rise by the time the draft rolls around, and he could be snatched up in the first round.

Post Thanks / Like

Default MKG > Barnes?

We are about a month away from the end of the college basketball regular season, and while things still remain solid at the very top for Kentucky’s Anthony Davis, the rest of the Top 5 remains very much in flux.

A quick look around the league shows five other players — North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes, UConn’s Andre Drummond, Kansas’ Thomas Robinson, Baylor’s Perry Jones and Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist — in contention for the No. 2 spot in the draft.

Of the group, Kidd-Gilchrist is the most recent to make the jump into the Top 5. We’ve been singing his praises all year, and it looks like a number of general managers are getting on board with the idea of Kidd-Gilchrist as a top pick in the draft.

As we’ve noted before, Kidd-Gilchrist is in direct contention with Barnes for the distinction of the top wing off the board. Barnes continues to prove he can put the ball in the basket. He had 27 points against Virginia Tech and 23 versus Georgia Tech in the past week. Barnes’ 3-point shooting remains a sizzling 45 percent for the season. Though his rebounding and assist numbers continue to be weak, Barnes looks more and more like a sure thing with his scoring ability.

Kidd-Gilchrist goes the opposite way. His shooting and scoring numbers don't wow scouts, but he does all the other little things that Barnes doesn't to put his team over the top. The two have gone head-to-head both in high school and earlier this year in Kentucky, and Kidd-Gilchrist looked better. It will be interesting to see whether they'll agree to workouts against each other during the draft process.
    Source: ESPN Insider

You'll have to have Insider to read anything more than the above.

Page 38 of 238 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread Information