Page 50 of 238 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather him declare. The Raptors need a SF like him and Alex mckechnie will help him recover and stay in good condition. We need you Q.Miller!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    His stats look a lot like those from DeRozan.
    DeMar's a better rebounder and a better passer than you guys give him credit for. The offense doesn't run through him so he doesn't get the ball unless its to score. He can make plays at certain times and he'll improve in that area as the talent level increases.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    NBADraft.net are inhaling the fumes filling up their gas tanks too much. They also had Drummond out of the Mock for a while and now he is back in.

Miller would never, NEVER get out of the first round. I don't think he'd get past 16 myself.

I think ESPN and DraftExpress are better sources for all things draft related.
    Agreed regarding Miller, however Draftexpress has their share of questions marks as well.

Beal going before Lamb and Q.Miller??? I'm no scout but highly unlikely. Beal is the size of D.Wade without the athleticism or ball handling ability. Beal is maybe a poor man's Eric Gordon. Lamb and Miller have much greater upsides.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I left out PJ3 for both reasons you gave.

I was a HUGE fan of T. Jones last year as he got off to an incredible start as a freshman. However, I've since soured on him. He is too inconsistent and makes too many really, really stupid plays, in my opinion.

Out of the sophomores in this draft class on the wing (Barnes, Lamb, PJ3, Ross, T. Jones) I go with Barnes 100 out of 100 times.

MKG and Miller make things very interesting when you include freshman though.
    I'm curious as to why so many people are so high on Barnes. Great shooter, but he's mechanical in every other facet of his game.

I also don't understand the fascination with Gilchrist. Great team player, high motor, but what does he do at an NBA level besides the defence? Don't get me wrong, defence is important as Casey needs better defensive players but to take him with a top 5 pick?

Can't do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    I've been high on PJ3 and Barnes since last year. They are both NBA ready IMO and offer great size, length and speed. Of course they are two very different players, Barnes being a true 3 with the ability to score and Jones being more of a cleanup guy.

The thing I don't like, and I know this is terribly un-vogue in todays "Outside the Box" NBA, are guys without clear cut positions. Scoring points who are really undersized 2's, 3's who are really undersized 4's, 4's who are really a 3 or a 5, a 5 who is just a 4 without any skills outside of the low post... you get my point. The Raps already have too many of these guys pretending to be what they aren't and the results are never great. That being said, I think of PJ3 as the next Beasley/ARandolph type who will never be physical enough to bang with 4's and a half step too slow to be able to D up the 3.

Thing with this draft is I think there's a lot of fools gold out there (ahem, Jeremy Lamb, ahem) and all the hype about it being as deep as the ocean or less risky than any other draft is bull. It looks deep in quality rotation players but light on elite next level talent. Even Davis, to me after watching a bunch of his games, looks like the next Meka, especially considering the size/talent he's going up against.
    Why is Lamb fools gold? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what about his game makes you think he can't ball at the NBA level?

Post Thanks / Like

I see that too. Barnes isn't very agile when he moves. You need someone who is very agile and can do multiple things on the floor like MKG or Miller. Both are very Explosive and quick, barnes is more of a stiff stand still shooter who with occasionally throw down a dunk.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Why is Lamb fools gold? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what about his game makes you think he can't ball at the NBA level?
    Yeah, agreed. I see Perry Jones as much "fools gold" as Lamb might be. He could be Lamar Odom, but he could just as easily be Anthony Randolph...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    oh, and he is by no means a lock down defender. His length and quickness get him steals and the odd block and are great tools but he loafs and losses focus on D and you can see him coasting, playing flat and on his heels. I think I watched every game of that tourney and it's a good reason to ignore highlight tapes.

My problem is I think he's classic AAU stereotype: Scorer, used to getting things easily, lazy and fundamentally challenged due to over reliance on physical ability that will be neutralized in the pros.
    I've watched a lot of Lamb's games as well, this year and last year and while I do agree that he can coast at times on the defensive end, I don't see the over-reliance on physical ability as most of his points are scored on the perimeter and I also dont see how he is fundamentally weak. Which part of his game lacks fundamentals? as a shooter there are few players in college today with his range and his ball handling is actually underrated imo this year as teams must respect his shooting ability and can't sag off him. He is skinny no doubt but the key will be if he can play physical at the next level.

Post Thanks / Like

If we're drafting at #4 -even at #6, there's NO WAY we should be drafting Quincy Miller. There are much better prospects out there and better fits.

Post Thanks / Like

As for Lamb, I think he's a good kid. He's got good ball IQ (which is very underrated), has good bloodlines, good work ethic. He's a bit thin, but because of his wingspan, he has a chance to be a terror on the defensive end. He also has a good shooting stroke. If we draft him, however, the writing would be on the wall for Demar. He'd be good as gone.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy Miller will enter. He has 7 sibling that live in south side Chicago. He going to want to take care his familly.

I only want Quincy if we get AK47 this summer. Someone that can teach how to use that lenght. Quincy is definately not NBA ready. He going to be a project.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I'm curious as to why so many people are so high on Barnes. Great shooter, but he's mechanical in every other facet of his game.

I also don't understand the fascination with Gilchrist. Great team player, high motor, but what does he do at an NBA level besides the defence? Don't get me wrong, defence is important as Casey needs better defensive players but to take him with a top 5 pick?

Can't do it.
    Re: MKG...I think you'd be hard pressed to find any freshman with the total package (except for the outside shot) better than Gilchrist and at his position. His biggest asset imo is his intangibles manifested in being a "closer". If you watch his games (and he is only a freshman with much to come) he wants the ball at crucial times, his coach wants him to get the ball and then he finishes. He has a leader personality sans too much swagger and apparently a fine person. He reminds me of Brandon Roy in this regard. I have seen but 4 of his games and he has impressed in all. I would take him over Barnes. This maybe a fluff piece (out of Kentucky) but speaks to my points...

http://kentucky.scout.com/2/1160918.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If we're drafting at #4 -even at #6, there's NO WAY we should be drafting Quincy Miller. There are much better prospects out there and better fits.
    like who? if Barnes, MKG, Drummond and Davis are off the board who would you choose? IMO there is no one after that besides Q Miller. Miller is the only one after those 4 who has the potential to be a star or a franchise center piece

Post Thanks / Like

As for Lamb, I think he's a good kid. He's got good ball IQ (which is very underrated), has good bloodlines, good work ethic. He's a bit thin, but because of his wingspan, he has a chance to be a terror on the defensive end. He also has a good shooting stroke. If we draft him, however, the writing would be on the wall for Demar. He'd be good as gone.

basically nick young 2.0 cept he has a higher IQ no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a single thing that reminds me of Nick Young with him, what are you people on about?

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I haven't seen a single thing that reminds me of Nick Young with him, what are you people on about?
    I think the 'you people' is only one person.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, comparing Nick Young to Demar DeRozan is a better comparison. They're good friends, both 6'7" from LA, both went to USC, play the same position and have similar stats, both struggle with defense.
    Last edited by stretch; Wed Feb 22nd, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    like who? if Barnes, MKG, Drummond and Davis are off the board who would you choose? IMO there is no one after that besides Q Miller. Miller is the only one after those 4 who has the potential to be a star or a franchise center piece
    If we're talking about ceiling PJ3's ceiling is higher. Brad Beal has star potential t

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the raptors trading Demar so early in his career. The Raptors are not so good that they can afford to upgrade at a position which is supposed to be a strength when there are so many other positions to improve upon. There has to be some sort of priority given to the small forward and guard positions which need an infusion of talent (calderon will be on the decline sooner than later). My money would be on them making a draft day trade if they can't get Barnes or MKG, though personally I wouldn't be disappointed if they pick up PJ3.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catch that Kansas game last night? It was the first time I've seen Thomas Robinson play. Certainly athletic and has a NBA ready body, but didn't see a whole lot of developed skills. The reason I'm asking is because a lot of draft boards have had him going to Toronto in the draft. Any insight would be great.

Page 50 of 238 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread Information