Page 52 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So the entire draft is overhyped and the actual level of talent is ho hum at best! No better than last year's draft you say? That sure bursts this threads bubble. Free agency and cap space will be more significant in that case.

Only four months to draft day.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are players reaching their ceiling early? Is their first year after HS it in the north American system of teaching the game? It's very difficult to learn the game on the job as it were once a physically talented player makes it to the NBA...unless of course they get a lot of playing time ala a Demar or ED. Even a super talented player like Wall has trouble being consistent. I suppose he has an excuse with his team! but he was a surefire cant miss coming out of the gate and supposed to make everyone better around him.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys are generally leaving school too early, is my opinion.

But this is Chad Ford. The guy is almost as bad in terms of ego as Vecsey. Everyone is saying that this is a deep draft with tons of talent, so he's saying the opposite just to be contrary. This IS a very good draft, better than the last few years for sure.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MKG says his going to return to UK

Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

Im graduating here. Im not going nowhere, Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. Im dead serious. I dont know why yall laughing.

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and hell have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-02-25/kidd-gilchrist-says-hes-returning-to-kentucky-after-this-season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Kentucky freshman Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, fresh off a victory over Vanderbilt, was asked about his future with the Wildcats.

“I’m graduating here. I’m not going nowhere,” Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters when asked whether he is returning to Kentucky next season. “I’m dead serious. I don’t know why y’all laughing.”

Kidd-Gilchrist is just one of an increasingly impressive line of Kentucky freshmen that includes national player of the year contender, Anthony Davis.

While he may be sincere today, Kidd-Gilchrist will have more time to consider his options when the season is over and he’ll have an opportunity to enter his name for draft consideration.

At the moment, he averages 12.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.1 blocks for the Wildcats. He is considered a top-10 and has been

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...er-this-season
    Ouch. That hurt me, because I would be fine in taking MKG if Barnes is taken, Now we've got Barnes to go after, after that PJ3, and PJ3 is another project. It comes down to the lottery balls and where they fall, because if we have another repeat of dropping two spots lower, we may get hurt bad.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Ouch. That hurt me, because I would be fine in taking MKG if Barnes is taken, Now we've got Barnes to go after, after that PJ3, and PJ3 is another project. It comes down to the lottery balls and where they fall, because if we have another repeat of dropping two spots lower, we may get hurt bad.
    Derrick Williams said the same thing last year.

If he is still singing the same tune come April 11, I'll give it more faith.

He also said he would be graduating there. Do you really see him staying 4 full years?

This question is asked every year and it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

He also said he would be graduating there. Do you really see him staying 4 full years?

This question is asked every year and it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't response.
    I guess you're right, but I think what really will change his mind is on how his performance ranks out throughout the tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year Tristan Thompson swore up and down that he was returning, looking forward to playing with Kabongo, etc.

Money talks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Last year Tristan Thompson swore up and down that he was returning, looking forward to playing with Kabongo, etc.

Money talks.
    It'll all pan out after the tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post

Money talks.
    Absolutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about Brad Beal. He had another good game 19 Pts, 12 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk. The thing I really enjoyed about today's game is that's he went 0-4 from 3. All you ever hear about Beal is how great of a shooter he is, so it was great to see him find other ways to be productive. Got to the line 10 times made 9, 12 rebounds (4off). Pretty good for 6'4 1/2

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about Brad Beal. He had another good game 19 Pts, 12 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk. The thing I really enjoyed about today's game is that's he went 0-4 from 3. All you ever hear about Beal is how great of a shooter he is, so it was great to see him find other ways to be productive. Got to the line 10 times made 9, 12 rebounds (4off). Pretty good for 6'4 1/2
    I like his game, and his weaknesses mentioned about him being a settler for jumpshots...

Only problem is he's a shooting guard. Main focus is the Small Forward, and point guard.

Post Thanks / Like

I like his game, and his weaknesses mentioned about him being a settler for jumpshots...

Only problem is he's a shooting guard. Main focus is the Small Forward, and point guard.
    I think that the reason Casey wants DeMar to gain weight is to he can play the 3. I think going to sign a three this summer but were definately but were definately lose one of Calderon, Bayless, Barbosa this trade deadline or summer. Will need guard help

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.
    Based upon where he is drafted and what he has shown this year, I think Tigger made the right decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Based upon where he is drafted and what he has shown this year, I think Tigger made the right decision.
    Absolutely.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the reason Casey wants DeMar to gain weight is to he can play the 3. I think going to sign a three this summer but were definately but were definately lose one of Calderon, Bayless, Barbosa this trade deadline or summer. Will need guard help
    No he wants him to gain weight so he can take more contact and give out more contact when he is driving to the rim. It has nothing to do with changing positions.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar's a much better 3 than 2.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    DeMar's a much better 3 than 2.
    No he's not and I doubt he will play there long term. He was only playing the 3 when we were using small lineups with bay less at the 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking the idea of drafting Lamb or Beal for the future SG position if the Raptors win a few more games and slip to 6 or 7 or 8 in the lottery which means Davis, Drummond, Barnes, MKG, and Robinson will likely be off the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Beal would be a great contributor off the bench. He would be a automatic impact player for us that way. Unlike the other player we would have to wait for(miller & PJ3). Maybe in his second or third year he'll get the start with a bigger and battle tested DeMar on the wing with him.

I really think the 3 position should be addressed by a vet, if we want to hit the ground running next years.

Page 52 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information