No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is the kind of draft even BC moves up in to get a guy he likes.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Well not the strength of the draft per se but specific players. You know what I mean.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Here's my mock draft (so far):

Charlotte - Barnes
        Washington - Davis
        NO - Drummond
        Detroit - Robinson
        Sacramento - Sullinger
        Toronto - MKG

Yes, this is pure fantasy and I'm sure some team will pick MKG before we have a chance, but a guy can dream.
        You can make cases for all of those teams on who they should and shouldn't pick based on who they have on their roster.
        For instance, if Charlotte is picking first, unless Barnes has an amazing combine and workouts, isn't going to be picked by the Cats.
        Why would Sacramento pick Sullinger when they just spent money on Chuck Hayes and they already have JJ Hickson as well?
        Same goes for Detroit - why would they take Robinson when they have Jerebko and Villanueva?

I'm sure after Drummond, Davis and Barnes, MKG will go fourth, so the Raps are going to have to hope that lady luck hangs with them the night of the lottery. However, if they pick 6th or 7th, gonna have to start looking at guys like Quincy Miller, Perry Jones, Bradley Beal and Austin Rivers (okay, maybe not PJ3)

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          I think this is the kind of draft even BC moves up in to get a guy he likes.
          Depends on what they'd have to give up. I wouldn't give a younger player (ie Demar, Davis) just to select 2 spots higher. It's just not worth it.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Depends on what they'd have to give up. I wouldn't give a younger player (ie Demar, Davis) just to select 2 spots higher. It's just not worth it.
            I would give up those guys in a heartbeat. I just tried the ESPN Lotto Machine and no matter how many times I hit that button Cody Zeller kept reappearing. Cody Zeller will not help save this franchise.

Comment

• Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
              I would give up those guys in a heartbeat. I just tried the ESPN Lotto Machine and no matter how many times I hit that button Cody Zeller kept reappearing. Cody Zeller will not help save this franchise.
              There's no way the Raps would draft Zeller, leaving Bradley Beal and Jeremy Lamb on the board. No way. I think you just bought into that mock draft generator a bit too much. I mean, they have the Jazz drafting Meyers Leonard (probably because they just have something instilled into the program instructing it for the Jazz to draft the best caucasian player available), despite the fact that they have Kanter, Favors, Millsap and Jefferson all at the 4/5 positions.

Like I said before, I wouldn't trade DeRozan or Davis to move up a couple of spots....unless we're in that 7th position and it meant securing a top-2 pick and even then, I'd still be a bit wary of doing so.

Comment

• Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
                My 2nd try we vaulted to #2 and select Barnes. At the end of the day it is a junk machine that really doesn't do anything special.

Comment

• Yeah, you are both correct. The Machine means nothing. But it really does illustrate just how easy it is to get stuck in the NBA treadmill of mediocrity. Who knows... maybe Cody Zeller is decent. Looking at the board, I do think this draft is being way over-hyped.

Comment

• Toronto Raptors
                    Odds of winning the lottery: 5.3 percent
                    The Raptors continue to be enamored with their No. 1 pick in 2006 -- Andrea Bargnani. Offensively, he's a force to be reckoned with every night. But he doesn't do any of the things (rebound, block shots, make athletic plays) that Davis brings to the table.

Pair the two together (along with Jonas Valanciunas, who should come to the U.S. next year) and the Raptors suddenly have one of the best young front lines in basketball.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If we choose at 6 or 7 there is only one guy I would go for, Quincy miller. I think we need a big time offensive player at the 3 and Quincy miller IMO is that. I like what mkg brings but we need a more offensively gifted player.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Maybe not Davis but have you see DeMar play lately?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Maybe not Davis but have you see DeMar play lately?
                          So you'd give up our pick plus Demar just to get a higher pick? I know Demar is slumping at the moment, but moving 2 young assets for one would be pretty damn bold. That one asset better live up to his billing and thensome.

Comment

• How likely is it that any lottery teams will want to trade down in this draft? What would be the motivation? Colangelo would have to throw JV into the deal to hypothetically move up a few spots from 7 to 3, for instance. None of the current young gunz would inspire such a move.

Comment

• Toronto Raptors No. 2: Harrison Barnes

With Andrea Bargnani and last year's lottery pick Jonas Valanciunas looking like the team's future front line, Barnes looks like a logical choice. The team has a weakness at the 3 and Brian Colangelo has a weakness for 3s who can shoot the 3. See?

Chad mocking the #2 pick for all 14 teams
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Perry Jones 16 Pts 11rbs

Brad Beal 16 Pts 7rbs 3ast

Two players the Raptors should really consider with their pick. Nevermind what position they play.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X