No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also forgot Damian Lillard 35Pts 3rbs 5Ast after having 40pts 1rbs 5ast two days ago. I personally think he'll be the first point guard drafted.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Beal reminds me of a mix between Ray Allen and Eric Gordon. I'm a big fan.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lillard is looking more like Jerryd Bayless and less like Derrick Rose lately...

Comment

• I have only seen Lillard (D Lill??) play in highlight clips, but his stat line is very impressive, averaging 25.5 ppg on 48% fg% and 46% from the 3 point line. NBA teams should not necessarily pass on a shoot first guard. The Raptors could use another scorer that can also handle the ball. The problem with gauging Lillard's talent is that the competition in the Big Sky Conference is not so high (below mid major level). DL has likely played against NBA talent in his hometown Oakland, CA, but not so much in his NCAA experience.

Comment

• From NBADraft.net:

Anthony Davis: SEC Player of the Week:

The dominance of Davis continues to astound. The one-and-done freshman swatted 15 shots in two games this week, passing Shaquille O’Neal for the SEC frosh record in blocked shots with 116. Davis leads the country with 4.8 BPG, and has eight games of 6+ rejections. On the offensive end, he averaged 20 points in victories over Tennessee and South Carolina, connecting on 15/17 field goal attempts (66% on year) and 10/12 free throws (70%). He added 8 RPG, assisted on 4 buckets and committed just a single turnover (0.9). Davis is a man amongst children, despite hardly an offensive set being run for him. Kentucky faces a rough patch of games in February beginning with tilts versus Florida and at Vanderbilt this week. The feeding on conference cupcakes is over.
            Florida were no match for Kentucky last night: 78-58. Davis had a solid stat line: 8/13, 16 points, 6 rebounds, 1 ast, 2 stl, 4 blks, 1 to, 1 foul.

Comment

• We haven't heard much about Drummond lately, but it looks like Davis is distancing himself as the consensus #1 pick.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                We haven't heard much about Drummond lately, but it looks like Davis is distancing himself as the consensus #1 pick.
                NBADraft.net has taken him out of their mock draft because reports have come out saying he is "leaning towards returning to UConn." I don't buy it personally.

Anyone remember the fiasco that was him returning to prep school to skip college heading straight to draft or go to college and enter draft? Add to that he is not on scholarship at UConn..... See you in the green room Andre.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  NBADraft.net has taken him out of their mock draft because reports have come out saying he is "leaning towards returning to UConn." I don't buy it personally.

Anyone remember the fiasco that was him returning to prep school to skip college heading straight to draft or go to college and enter draft? Add to that he is not on scholarship at UConn..... See you in the green room Andre.
                  Not on scholarship? Is his family in the high earning percentile? Regardless, why didnt he get one?

Comment

From NBADraft.net:

Anthony Davis: SEC Player of the Week:

Florida were no match for Kentucky last night: 78-58. Davis had a solid stat line: 8/13, 16 points, 6 rebounds, 1 ast, 2 stl, 4 blks, 1 to, 1 foul.
                    And don't forget Kidd-Gilchrist - 13 and 13 against Florida. He doesn't turn 19 until this Fall, and is already a leader on the Wildcats.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Not on scholarship? Is his family in the high earning percentile? Regardless, why didnt he get one?
                      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ey-scholarship

The above is an article why.

I don't think he is well off - but I could be wrong. Tuition/room and board are is close to $40K. If he is drafted, obviously he would have no worries of paying it back. This is why I think he declares. If he doesn't declare and he gets injured, he has nearly a $100K bill to pay.

UCONN is also missing scholarships due to academic issues and recruiting violations.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ey-scholarship

The above is an article why.

I don't think he is well off - but I could be wrong. Tuition/room and board are is close to $40K. If he is drafted, obviously he would have no worries of paying it back. This is why I think he declares. If he doesn't declare and he gets injured, he has nearly a $100K bill to pay.

UCONN is also missing scholarships due to academic issues and recruiting violations.
                        Hope you're right and Drummond stays in the draft in 2012. It could make a big difference as to who is available to the Raptors.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                          And don't forget Kidd-Gilchrist - 13 and 13 against Florida. He doesn't turn 19 until this Fall, and is already a leader on the Wildcats.

i would prefer gilchrist over barnes given the choice. but i think that BC saying ground running, he will choose best interest of the team and most nba ready. and i think that is barnes

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            i would prefer gilchrist over barnes given the choice. but i think that BC saying ground running, he will choose best interest of the team and most nba ready. and i think that is barnes
                            You might be right. It will depend on performances throughout the rest of the year and then the individual workouts. (I think that K-G is going to overshadow Barnes in the combines).

By the way... Austin Rivers vs. UNC --- 9/16 FG, 6/10 3PFG and 29 points (and winning 3PT at the buzzer). Doc Rivers' kid is heating up.

Comment

• MKG = Derrick Rose?

Kidd-Gilchrist scored 13 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and Calipari said that the 18-year-old is similar to his brightest star at Memphis.

"He reminds me of Derrick Rose," Calipari said. "He's tougher on himself than I am on him. Like he came running over during the game and says to me, 'Coach, I'm sorry.' I said, 'Stop, just have fun and go play.'"
                              Source: NY Times

I think he's referring more to his personality than his game.

Comment

• this kind of attitude is what you like to read about when looking for a franchise player. the more the season goes on the more i like mkg. i don't follow high school ball and had no idea who he was until this year. i think you will definitely need top 3 pick to get him. right now i would like us to get #1 (of course) but it would be to trade down to 2 or 3 so we can pass on davis, get an asset and the player we want.

Comment

Working...
                                X