Page 61 of 238 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Boyton is infuriating

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kentucky-Florida game was arguably the best game I have seen this year - NBA or NCAA. The first 30 of 40 minutes were insane.

Brad Beal soared up my personal Big Board today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harkless to declare?

The NCAA tournament field has not even been announced yet, but rumors of NBA draft early-entrants have already started.

On Sunday, several reports surfaced that St. John's freshman Moe Harkless had decided to forgo his eligibility and enter the NBA draft. Per a source, it's not official yet.

CBSSports.com was provided with a statement from Steve Lavin on the rumors:

“Moe and I have had a number of productive conversations over the past four days. Naturally the discussions covered the pros and cons of leaving St. John's to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA. Moe and his mother Rosa know, regardless of what his ultimate decision is, we enthusiastically support them. They understood that either outcome will clearly help the Johnnies' cause as we continue to build our basketball program.”

Harkless finished No. 5 in CBSSports.com's Freshman of the Year rankings this season. The 6-foot-8 small forward averaged 15.3 points and 8.6 rebounds this season for St. John's. He is projected to go in the middle of the first round of June's NBA draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...e-harkless-yet

Jim Boeheim with words of caution though:

But Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said Harkless should reconsider leaving this year.

“He needs to stay in school and get better,’’ Boeheim told The Post’s Steve Serby. “The [NBA] developmental league is littered with guys 6-7 or 6-8. You’ve got to really be good. He’s a really talented player, but he needs another year.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/colle...#ixzz1ooh9yal0

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we dropped two winnable games. They have some below .500 teams coming up, if they don't win some of these games I think we have a good chance of placing 4th last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Wow, we dropped two winnable games. They have some below .500 teams coming up, if they don't win some of these games I think we have a good chance of placing 4th last.
    And a good shot. Because first four picks are mocked to be (No order in pick) Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Harrison Barnes, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Bottom for are..

Charlotte
    New Orleans
    Washington
    Toronto

I don't see Washington taking a small forward cause of Vesely, same with New Orleans cause of Ariza. Charlotte grabs the BPA, and New Orleans can deal Kaman and Okafor and make room/cap space for Davis/Drummond. Washington is lacking a power-forward as well.

Whatever way, we end up with a very good player, but less preferably Drummond, just because I want a small-forward, and than I don't need to say anything about Anthony Davis.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus I liked Terrence Jones for Kentucky when Davis and MKG got into foul trouble against damn Vanderbilt. Damn Vanderbilt........

But, I think Terrence Jones can be a solid NBA talent. Shoot, rebound, slash, defend, long player, explosive, I like him.

Kentucky has some really bad spacing, this is the only time I've ever watched my Wildcats for more than 5 minutes this season.

Barnes had a nice game for UNC, with 23 and 7. 3 turnovers though, if in the NBA we expect him to be a guy with the ball in his hands a lot, he's gotta be efficient, especially with no assists in the game.

Marshall with 15 and 9, I'm growing on him.

Tyler Zeller was VERY nice. 19 and 12, really aggressive, and didn't stop attacking.

I also wanna talk about Saturday's game with Duke and Florida State. Austin Rivers has an NBA ready game, really wanna see him declare, can score with the best of them, great range, awesome handling ability, his left hand has improved, I like him, good confidence too.

Still pissed about that Kentucky loss though....
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Mon Mar 12th, 2012 at 03:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Vesely even play? i haven't seen any wizard games but i haven't heard a thing about him. i remember bill simmons' friend house going nuts on twitter saying he wish singleton (remember him?) got more minutes but nothing about veseley.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

i think wiz are gonna take a big anyways. don't be surprised if mcgee gets moved.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i think wiz are gonna take a big anyways. don't be surprised if mcgee gets moved.
    And Blatche amnestied.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, if we are drafting fourth I think we have a good chance of getting MKG or Barnes. I would prefer Barnes, he seems to be better offensive threat and can play defence. He had a good game against Florida State, I've seen him play better though.

1. Davis- CHA
    2. Drummond or Robinson - NOH
    3. Robinson or Drummond - WAS
    4. Barnes - TO

Davis is a no brainer at #1.

I think Drummond or Okafor could play PF or C, that could make a strong front line. Plus another draft pick from 10-15 (possibly Lillard?) I think they could make a huge turn around. They may also choose to pick a SF seeing as though they could pick a PF later. Although Terrence Jones will likely be the only guy left around that spot, unless Henson drops. I vote that they go for a PF with their earlier pick.

Okafor
    Dummund
    Ariza
    Gordon
    Illard

Washington really could use a PF I could easily see them picking either Drummond or Robinson.

That leaves us with a SF... I hope Barnes, but i guess we'll see more as the season ends and the individual workouts begin.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And Blatche amnestied.
    they still have lewis. poor jon wall. he deserves more than what he has to deal with. he deserves the raptors i think

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, if we are drafting fourth I think we have a good chance of getting MKG or Barnes. I would prefer Barnes, he seems to be better offensive threat and can play defence. He had a good game against Florida State, I've seen him play better though.

1. Davis- CHA
    4. Barnes - TO

I think Drummond or Okafor could play PF or C, that could make a strong front line. Plus another draft pick from 10-15 (possibly Lillard?) I think they could make a huge turn around. They may also choose to pick a SF seeing as though they could pick a PF later. Although Terrence Jones will likely be the only guy left around that spot, unless Henson drops. I vote that they go for a PF with their earlier pick.

Okafor
    Dummund
    Ariza
    Gordon
    Illard

Washington really could use a PF I could easily see them picking either Drummond or Robinson.

That leaves us with a SF... I hope Barnes, but i guess we'll see more as the season ends and the individual workouts begin.
    offensively barnes is light years ahead of mkg. but i still think mkg will be the better pro. if i am mkg i am shooting all day everyday in practice because i do everything else so well.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would personally stay away from Barnes. He's a shooter and nothing else in my books. He's the next JJ Reddick, or worse, Trajan Langdon.

I want Colagelo to grab a multi-faceted player with our lotto pick.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    they still have lewis. poor jon wall. he deserves more than what he has to deal with. he deserves the raptors i think
    They aren't contending any time soon. I'd take the hit of Lewis for one more year (his contract is 'only' $13M next season, not $22M) and drop Blatche who has 3 or 4 seasons left.

No one is going to take Blatche off their hands at his current price.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Davis- CHA
    4. Barnes - TO

Okafor
    Dummund
    Ariza
    Gordon
    Illard

I can see Washington picking up Barnes over Drummond or Robinson. Drummond isn't ready to start and Barnes has a better offensive game than Robinson and I think the Wizards have to start thinking about making Wall happy or risk losing him. Barnes I think will help them win more games right away more so than Drummond or Robinson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I would personally stay away from Barnes. He's a shooter and nothing else in my books. He's the next JJ Reddick, or worse, Trajan Langdon.

I want Colagelo to grab a multi-faceted player with our lotto pick.
    Beal really impressed me versus Kentucky - more so than *gasp* MKG.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone passing over MKG will regret it baaad. His intangibles (take charge, leadership, crunchtime play) are great but he is constrained somewhat by the strict college coaching style and system. There was once a Michael Jordan who was constrained the same way at NC and was passed over early. I agree that his perimeter shooting needs improvement but he is a freshman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    They aren't contending any time soon. I'd take the hit of Lewis for one more year (his contract is 'only' $13M next season, not $22M) and drop Blatche who has 3 or 4 seasons left.

No one is going to take Blatche off their hands at his current price.
    is lewis in the last year of his contract? i thought it kept going forever. 13 million expiring with the stringent new rules coming up is going to be a good trade asset next year.

amnesty blatche and his ugly stupid bug eyed head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Anyone passing over MKG will regret it baaad. His intangibles (take charge, leadership, crunchtime play) are great but he is constrained somewhat by the strict college coaching style and system. There was once a Michael Jordan who was constrained the same way at NC and was passed over early. I agree that his perimeter shooting needs improvement but he is a freshman.
    agreed but i think the jordan comparison is a bit much for our poor offensively lacking as of yet favourite draftee this year. if you pick 2nd and pass mkg youre making a mistake i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    is lewis in the last year of his contract? i thought it kept going forever. 13 million expiring with the stringent new rules coming up is going to be a good trade asset next year.

amnesty blatche and his ugly stupid bug eyed head.
    Lewis is in the 2nd last year of his contract. His final year, which was something like $22M, is guaranteed for about $13M in '12-13. He had performance incentives to reach. He reached some but not all.

Thread Information