Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Told you guys. Miller has top 5 player potential i hope he declares
    No one disputed that he COULD be a top-5 talent. However, at this point, no one should be taking him top-5. He should go back to Baylor, especially of Jones enters the draft. He'd be much better served with an extra year at college, honing his game and re-habbing from that ACL injury. Me personally, I'm not high on the kid - at least not in this draft.

Comment

• I believe that Miller didn't start Baylor's last game because it was the seniors last home game. Brady Heslip, who's from Burlington btw and has started most of the games, also came off the bench on Monday. QM had 4 points and 1 rebound in 13 minutes in a blow out win.

Comment

• Draft Sleepers - 2 names

With the draft just around the corner and the Raptors floundering, let's take a moment to discuss potential draft sleepers. Ed Weiland, the FedEx driver who authored the piece for hoopsanalyst.com predicting Jeremy Lin's success long before he ever played a minute in the NBA, recently mentioned the names of 2 players he believes are being under valued.

1) Jae Crowder - 6'6"

17.4 pts, 7.6 reb, 2 ast, 2.4 stl, 1 blk, 51.6% fg, 38% 3fg, 73% ft

+ versatile wing, stats have increased in his 2nd year, can shoot 3's, excellent defender

- can't create own shot, below average ball handler

2) Tony Mitchell - 6'9"

15.3 pts, 10.9 reb, 1.7 ast, 1 stl, 2.9 blk, 58.1% fg, 43.2% 3fg, 70.9% ft

+ outstanding rebounder and shot blocker, at U-18 FIBA was #1 per-minute rebounder ranking ahead of JV, great athlete, very bouncy

- limited offensively, below average ball handler

Acquiring an extra pick can be tricky and/or expensive, but if the price is right, I'd love to see BC take a flier on one of these guys.

Thoughts? Any other sleepers?

Comment

• I'm intrigued by Kris Joseph. Need to watch a couple Syracuse games before I make a decision though.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Darius Johnson-Odom is a guy I've been checking every now and then. Honestly, I had not even bothered checking Crowder out until now. DraftExpress.com has the Raps picking Johnson-Odom in the 2nd round - scrap that - sign me up for Crowder if I had to choose between the two - both are seniors. Having a lock down 3&D player is great to have.

*EDIT*

Speak of the devil, what a game he had today on senior's day versus #12 Georgetown:

26 ponts (8-15, 0-5, 10-12)
            14 rebs
            3 assists
            5 steals
            1 block
            1 turnover
            38 minutes
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Mar 3, 2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• What position is he?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barnes was so meh today. He should have taken the duke dude to school considering the size he had on him but barely did anything. He just doesn't look to take over a game and we already have DeMar for that.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  What position is he?
                  G/F or maybe F/G.

Comment

• PJ3 10Pts 12Rebs 0Ast 5-11 FG 0-0 3FG 0-0 FT
                    *Just scares me
                    *Hate it if he becomes that player the raptors could of drafted

Miller 6Pts 2Rebs 1ast 3-9 FG 0-1 3FG 0-0 FT
                    *Knees really scare me

Barnes 16Pts 4Rebs 0Ast 6-14 FG 1-3 3FG 3-4 FT
                    *Really seems one dimentional and can't really create for himself

Marshall 20Pts 10Ast 4Rebs 4TO 7-15 FG 1-3 3FG 5-6 FT
                    *really starting to warm up to him after the last two games
                    *if he can keep showing he can score he will rise to that top 10 and be raptors PG of the future

Lamb 14Pts 4Rebs 2Ast 4-9 FG 1-4 3FG 5-6 FT
                    *Love his length(7 foot wingspan) and stroke from 3
                    *Can create for him self off the dribble but can't finish cause of lack of strength
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      PJ3 10Pts 12Rebs 0Ast 5-11 FG 0-0 3FG 0-0 FT
                      *Just scares me
                      *Hate it if he becomes that player the raptors could of drafted

Miller 6Pts 2Rebs 1ast 3-9 FG 0-1 3FG 0-0 FT
                      *Knees really scare me

Barnes 16Pts 4Rebs 0Ast 6-14 FG 1-3 3FG 3-4 FT
                      *Really seems one dimentional and can't really create for himself

Marshall 20Pts 10Ast 4Rebs 4TO 7-15 FG 1-3 3FG 5-6 FT
                      *really starting to warm up to him after the last two games
                      *if he can keep showing he can score he will rise to that top 10 and be raptors PG of the future

Lamb 14Pts 4Rebs 2Ast 4-9 FG 1-4 3FG 5-6 FT
                      *Love his length(7 foot wingspan) and stroke from 3
                      *Can create for him self off the dribble but can't finish cause of lack of strength
                      I am more for Lillard but you're right if Marshall finds a shot he is interesting.

Comment

• Thomas Robinson if he is available when the Raptors pick is the right choice. Dude is a beast.

Comment

• Yeah Marshall seems to be finding himself offensively. Scary stuff.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'd never heard of Crowder, but I like what I see. I'd love it if the Raps could pick him up. Looking at him and his numbers, it actually makes no sense to me that he's projected only as a 2nd rounder. What's the logic behind that?

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              I am more for Lillard but you're right if Marshall finds a shot he is interesting.
                              I am more of a Lillard fan too but, if Kendall Marshall can prove he can score and defend quick guards you have to go with him. Pass first PG are a dying breed in the league. With Rubio succesinbg the way he is helps his stock.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Watching the Kentucky/Florida game today... Beal is going to be a beast! He has great handles and fantastic court vision for a SG. If MKG does in fact stay in school for another year, Beal is quickly becoming my second favourite wing in the draft, after Barnes.

Comment

Working...
                                X