2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vimsanity wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have successfully tanked enough to be 4th last in the league. I have a hunch that the Raps will pick up either the 2nd or 3rd pick (after we got shat on with the 5th pick last year) but assuming that the odds hold up, which rarely happens, we'll be getting the 4th overall pick.

Let's say that Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Thomas Robinson go 1,2,3. Who do you pick? Who do you pick if Harrison Barnes goes 3rd?
    Did you not see the 2012 Draft thread at the top of the page?

I don't mean to be a d!ck but draft goes in there.

Comment

• Vimsanity wrote: View Post
      The Raptors have successfully tanked enough to be 4th last in the league. I have a hunch that the Raps will pick up either the 2nd or 3rd pick (after we got shat on with the 5th pick last year) but assuming that the odds hold up, which rarely happens, we'll be getting the 4th overall pick.

Let's say that Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Thomas Robinson go 1,2,3. Who do you pick? Who do you pick if Harrison Barnes goes 3rd?
      Set PVR box to record. I'm busy.

Comment

• matt52 wrote: View Post
        did you not see the 2012 draft thread at the top of the page?

I don't mean to be a d!ck but draft goes in there.
        lol woops

Comment

• Jeff Van Gundy has some ideas on remedies for tanking for draft position:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ilbon-hoopidea

Comment

• With Barbosa gone Bradley Beal is looking more and more likely to be the pick!
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              With Barbosa gone Bradley Beal is looking more and more likely to be the pick!
              +1
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

With Barbosa gone Bradley Beal is looking more and more likely to be the pick!
                Not if we win the lottery

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Not if we win the lottery
                  If we won the lotto you think that BryCo would trade barny in the off season or try to play both of them 3 of them(Barney, Val, AD)?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If we won the lotto you think that BryCo would trade barny in the off season or try to play both of them 3 of them(Barney, Val, AD)?
                    If the Raps were to win the lottery, my personal preference for order of options would be:

1) trade Amir & E.Davis, go with 3-headed monster of Valanciunas, Bargnani and A.Davis
                    2) trade #1 pick for a top-5 pick & another solid asset and trade either Amir/Davis, to go with Valanciunas, Bargnani and Amir/E.Davis
                    3) trade Bargnani and either Amir/E.Davis, to go with Valanciunas, A.Davis and Amir/E.Davis

My only reason for preferring to keep Bargnani, is that JV and AD are both true C, with more of a defensive mentality. Bargnani brings more offense to the C/PF positions. Option #1 would make for a scary good frontline, offensively and defensively, for years to come!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      If the Raps were to win the lottery, my personal preference for order of options would be:

1) trade Amir & E.Davis, go with 3-headed monster of Valanciunas, Bargnani and A.Davis
                      2) trade #1 pick for a top-5 pick & another solid asset and trade either Amir/Davis, to go with Valanciunas, Bargnani and Amir/E.Davis
                      3) trade Bargnani and either Amir/E.Davis, to go with Valanciunas, A.Davis and Amir/E.Davis

My only reason for preferring to keep Bargnani, is that JV and AD are both true C, with more of a defensive mentality. Bargnani brings more offense to the C/PF positions. Option #1 would make for a scary good frontline, offensively and defensively, for years to come!
                      AD is not a center at all. He will play PF and that's all. You think that Casey would try AB at the 3?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

AD is not a center at all. He will play PF and that's all. You think that Casey would try AB at the 3?
                        You're right, I was thinking about them both being the defensive anchor type of player - ie: they both play the true C style of game on the defensive end. As was my #1 option, I think a C/PF rotation of JV/AB/AD would be vicious long-term. Another reason for trading the #1 pick before trading Bargnani, is that it would have a lot more value and likely net a lot more in return. We can worry about that if/when the Raps win the lottery! And no, I think it's been covered here at RR is many threads, that Bargnani is not and should not play the 3. No way he guards LBJ, KD or the type of athletic freaks that play the SF position.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          You're right, I was thinking about them both being the defensive anchor type of player - ie: they both play the true C style of game on the defensive end. As was my #1 option, I think a C/PF rotation of JV/AB/AD would be vicious long-term. Another reason for trading the #1 pick before trading Bargnani, is that it would have a lot more value and likely net a lot more in return. We can worry about that if/when the Raps win the lottery! And no, I think it's been covered here at RR is many threads, that Bargnani is not and should not play the 3. No way he guards LBJ, KD or the type of athletic freaks that play the SF position.

I take AD without hesitation. The issue is can he play with Bargnani or not? I think the Raps need to try JV/AD/Bargs for a few games (possibly until the trade deadline).. if it doesn't work out then you trade one (most likely Bargs)

Drafts are not perfect so AD may not pan out.. however scouts who cover the NBA for a long time are saying he's as good as guys like Blake and Rose were when they got drafted. You don't give up a guy like that and hold on to someone like Bargnani who has had 5 rough years and 13/14 good games this year (who is still not a great defender but is trying at least).

Bargnani could fetch a talented wing in the league. I'm sure OKC would have no issue trading Bargnani for Harden just so they don't have to pay him a ridiculous amount when he becomes a FA. Gay is also another option. We could possibly even try to trade Bargnani to a team that landed MKG/Beal or Barnes.

Here is the thing.. I think JV is going to be fantastic, but AD has even more potential to be better. If JV was a PF I'd want to trade him over AD. AD can't play Center, and Bargnani doesn't want to.. therefore it would either be AD or Bargs - and IMO, AD is the safer bet.

Comment

• Watching the Iowa st unconn game. I am really liking this royce white. Dude can flat out play.
                            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

• I liked what I saw out of second half Quincy Miller tonight and he pulled off a nice spin move in the paint to the two hand slam.
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• I heard nopropsneeded is a big Miller fan
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X