Page 88 of 238 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4750

Thread: 2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

  1. #1741
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Didn't see the end (don't get me started) of the Kansas game but T-Rob looked awful. He'd defer when he should've taken it or take really ill advised, awful shots. Bad game for him. Should be awesome watching him and Davis go at it.
    In saying that T)Rob looked awful you must have only watched the first 6 minutes of the game. At the beginning he missed 6 easy looks, but he had great positioning. He loosened up after he came in after his "benching". He carried Kansas last night! Great hustle plays, and really can shoot the ball. I'm not sure if he will be able to do the same thing in the NBA, but he looked good last night against college players.

    I agree it will be interesting to see how he handles Davis. I hope he takes it up strong and doesn't shy away from him. Davis dominated last nights game on defence! Very impressive!

  2. #1742
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    In saying that T)Rob looked awful you must have only watched the first 6 minutes of the game. At the beginning he missed 6 easy looks, but he had great positioning. He loosened up after he came in after his "benching". He carried Kansas last night! Great hustle plays, and really can shoot the ball. I'm not sure if he will be able to do the same thing in the NBA, but he looked good last night against college players.

    I agree it will be interesting to see how he handles Davis. I hope he takes it up strong and doesn't shy away from him. Davis dominated last nights game on defence! Very impressive!
    i would like to see how davis' scrawny arms handle trob' power. should be a great matchup.

  3. #1743
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i would like to see how davis' scrawny arms handle trob' power. should be a great matchup.
    Anthony Davis' skills make up for his lack of body strength. There's a reason why Robinson is top 5, and Davis is number 1.

  4. #1744
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Been so much talk about T-R0B lately thought I would give so the Bradley Beal fans some love

    @Chr1st1anL

  5. #1745
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wonder how much growing Davis still has to do? With his frame, I wouldn't be surprised if he put on 20 pounds over the next few years.

  6. #1746
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know there's a few Terrence Ross fans here so you'll be happy to hear he's declared for the draft.

    Fab Melo too

  7. #1747
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Wonder how much growing Davis still has to do? With his frame, I wouldn't be surprised if he put on 20 pounds over the next few years.
    I would. He's going to be one of those players that's thin his whole career, like Garnett or Camby. Not necessarily a bad thing, he's got the athleticism to make up for it. You'd definitely want to pair him with a bigger center though.

  8. #1748
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    a couple guys that will probably go late first that i'd keep an eye on are Doron Lamb and Darius Miller of KU. Lamb is mostly a spot shooter but he's a really fantastic shooter. A little undersized for the 2 at 6'4 but i like him a lot and the team has obvious shooting woes that he could really help.

    Miller is really underrated. Right now a lot of boards have him at the top of the second round but i suspect he'll be a first rounder in no time. He's been solid and would most likely be starting if it weren't for MKG. Realistically, if he was on any other team he'd be starting. He does everything well. If we did go Beal or Robinson with our pick i'd be pretty pumped to see them try and nab him later on.
    @jerboat

  9. #1749
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've really enjoyed watching Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas through the tourney. I'm not sure if he's a PG or SG, but he's a leader and shows no fear when taking it to the rim. He might be a good pick up with the later 2nd round pick.

  10. #1750
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's intriguing but he'd drive everyone here crazy. Pass.

  11. #1751
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's IF he could crack the rotation. Our other 50 something pick, Alabi, has yet to get enough minutes to actually get anyone excited or disappointed. I think Taylor is worth a 50 something pick. The more likely scenario would be the Raptors packaging the two second round picks in a deal, but you never know.

    I keep doubting Kansas, but they keep gutting out wins with heart and Robinson and Taylor are their ring leaders. Hopefully it's a competetive game agains Kentucky.

  12. #1752
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    That's IF he could crack the rotation. Our other 50 something pick, Alabi, has yet to get enough minutes to actually get anyone excited or disappointed. I think Taylor is worth a 50 something pick. The more likely scenario would be the Raptors packaging the two second round picks in a deal, but you never know.

    I keep doubting Kansas, but they keep gutting out wins with heart and Robinson and Taylor are their ring leaders. Hopefully it's a competetive game agains Kentucky.
    There's other 2nd round prospects i like better.

    yeah, tonights going to be a good game.
    @jerboat

  13. #1753
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ford's new mock draft on ESPN has the Raptors taking Beal with the #4 pick (Davis, MKG, Robinson are top 3 picks).

  14. #1754
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oof

  15. #1755
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's amazing what moving up from 5 to 4 does in terms of options

  16. #1756
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I've really enjoyed watching Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas through the tourney. I'm not sure if he's a PG or SG, but he's a leader and shows no fear when taking it to the rim. He might be a good pick up with the later 2nd round pick.
    I have watched his for a few years now (Bob Hurley senior was his high school coach) and think he has a decent chance at being a good pro if he gets on with the right team. While he has shot poorly in the tournament he had a good season. A little turnover prone, but brings a Jru Holiday type game to the floor.

  17. #1757
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brown is leaving Texas. I think this is a huge opportunity for Kabongo. I hope he takes advantage of it.

  18. #1758
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tyshawn Taylor would look good on the Raptors

  19. #1759
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The biggest improvement Kabongo needs in his game is in his confidence or lack of it this season. Coach Barnes dealings with his point guard took away his swag he had coming into the program out of high school.

  20. #1760
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would pass on Tyshawn Taylor. He's a senior, and he still doesn't seem to make good decisions as a PG. He is several notches below Bayless in my books... enough said.

Page 88 of 238 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •